Filipino Players in Foreign Leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post

I wonder why no B-league team is interested on Jordan Heading right now. I think he did well playing in a pro league in Taiwan a few years ago & he also played fairly well in the B-2 league.

I think Heading also did fairly well playing for the Strong Group Athletics in a Dubai international tournament last January.
    maybe he’ll get the nbl a shot before entertaining b-league offers..
    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ARMIR View Post

Weird at one time his height was compared to Dwight who's 6'4,he's a tad taller than his Dad,so the 6'2-6'3 height is not too far off,that height measurement was way back in the Batang Gilas days.Here he's listed at 6'3 https://alchetron.com/Sean-Dave-Ildefonso
      dave was measured at 6'1" as a 16 yr-old, could've grown 2-3 inches since then

Comment

• Originally posted by magic_chiongson View Post

dave was measured at 6'1" as a 16 yr-old, could've grown 2-3 inches since then
        I think Dave Ildefonso is a legit 6-foot-4 now. Or if he's below 6-4, I'm sure he's at least 6-foot-3 & a half inch..
        "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• I actually had a high regard on Dave Ildefonso during his Batang Gilas stint & up to his stint with Gilas developmental team under coach Tab Baldwin in 2021.

Having a legit 6-foot-4 natural shooting guard in Gilas would always be a good feeling. Too bad he seems to have stagnated in the last 2 years.
          "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Dave's issue is on defensive end..
            Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
              Dave's issue is on defensive end..

Which got better in the Korean D'League,but still a work in progress if he's going to play beyond the SEA and ASIAN Games.

Comment

• I thought he came back too soon,at a high level competition,why they didn't convince him to play in the D'League for a bit to get that back acclimated.

Comment

• So JB will play for Pelita Jaya in IBL, and he will be alongside KJ McDaniels… they will also part of qualifiers for FIBA Asia champions cup next month… it is possible in near future that JB will play against one of PHL representatives when they qualify…

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                    I actually had a high regard on Dave Ildefonso during his Batang Gilas stint & up to his stint with Gilas developmental team under coach Tab Baldwin in 2021.

Having a legit 6-foot-4 natural shooting guard in Gilas would always be a good feeling. Too bad he seems to have stagnated in the last 2 years.
                    I can't find a tweet before that some KBL peeps felt duped thinking Ildefonso is a legit 6'4 when they brought him in but when was measured turns out Dave was just 6'2 barefoot.

Nonetheless, I agree that if he can adjust to learn to play defense he can have more minutes.

Comment

• 6’2 barefoot is 6’3.5 with shoes

Comment

• Originally posted by Giannis34GOD View Post
                        So JB will play for Pelita Jaya in IBL, and he will be alongside KJ McDaniels… they will also part of qualifiers for FIBA Asia champions cup next month… it is possible in near future that JB will play against one of PHL representatives when they qualify…
                        Only signed a 3 month contract and I doubt that he'll re-sign in June as he will be with Gilas and Ginebra by that time. That IBL stint is really more for Justin to get his rhythm back.

Comment

• Originally posted by crush View Post

I can't find a tweet before that some KBL peeps felt duped thinking Ildefonso is a legit 6'4 when they brought him in but when was measured turns out Dave was just 6'2 barefoot.

Nonetheless, I agree that if he can adjust to learn to play defense he can have more minutes.
                          This is what I was referring to. Abando I think is shorter at 6’1 IRC. However Abando’s hops allows him to play SF somewhat. But as with his injury we know going for high jumpd through contact is a but dangerous.

Comment

• nothing new really, even in the nba players are actually shorter than their listed height

Comment

• Originally posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post

Only signed a 3 month contract and I doubt that he'll re-sign in June as he will be with Gilas and Ginebra by that time. That IBL stint is really more for Justin to get his rhythm back.

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/fiba/...a6035-20240314
                              Good thing for him… while getting back in rhythm, he is earning for his family… and I don’t believe that the salary of foreign players in IBL is just only 1-3k dollars per month… guys like McDaniels and Robinson are top notch imports too, and they will not agree with that named salary cap for imports in IBL, 100% sure it has under the table negotiations… also in IBL is DR national team player Solano…

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information