No announcement yet.

Filipino Players in Foreign Leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combine invites are based on who receives highest votes from NBA teams staff. Not mock writers .. I thought we said mock writers don't decide who to draft?
    Well they also don't decide on who joins combine ..

Comment

• To assume there are only 2 young centers in Australia and NZ more promising than Kai, is naive and presumption .
      Remember the most common pathway for Australia and NZ is still US NCAA. Remember Landale was no one when he was in college . Remember there are easily 10 very prominent Oeanua bigs in the NCAA. Wandeberg played quote well for Miami in March Madness.
      While these centers like Landale and JLA where not recognize when they were 19 or 20 years, do not be suprise I many of them blossom late I mid 20s , just like JLA and Wetzell are late bloomers.
      Basically it's presumption..

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
        Combine invites are based on who receives highest votes from NBA teams staff. Not mock writers .. I thought we said mock writers don't decide who to draft?
        Well they also don't decide on who joins combine ..
        Givony has a hand on the list because he was the basis of that list from the start. He could even omit Kai's name in the voting. He was always in control. His deliberate omission of Kai from the top 100 was too glaring. Notable absent from the combine also was Nzosa. He is a threat to Chet being the same frame but more athletic.

Almost all lottery picks will have private workouts with the prospective teams. If combine was really sufficient, then why the need for workouts?

Also, the main source of the combine list was draft express. They were the ones who facilitated the media announcement for that. I could be wrong but as far as I know that was really the case.

Comment

• Kai's name is in the ballot for voting, as he was one of the 33 names auto eligible NBA front office sent to NBA teams to vote for the combine

Givony is just.one mock writer, the collated 10 most reliable mocks , ESPN is just one of them. In fact Givony and ESPN is the only rating of the 10 reliable mocks (SI, Bleacher, Yahoo etc) that has Kai in top 100. ! All the other 9 reliable mocks not written by Givony did not have Kai in top 100 .

Combine is not important in terms of participation (for lottery picks , many skip). , that is not why it is important. Being invited is what is important from a perspective of a sign or indication that a prospect is well sought by teams. Do not confuse the 2. (Need to participate and receiving high votes to be invited)
          Last edited by DAdmiral; 05-14-2022, 05:40 AM.

Comment

To assume there are only 2 young centers in Australia and NZ more promising than Kai, is naive and presumption .
            Remember the most common pathway for Australia and NZ is still US NCAA. Remember Landale was no one when he was in college . Remember there are easily 10 very prominent Oeanua bigs in the NCAA. Wandeberg played quote well for Miami in March Madness.
            While these centers like Landale and JLA where not recognize when they were 19 or 20 years, do not be suprise I many of them blossom late I mid 20s , just like JLA and Wetzell are late bloomers.
            Hmmm. Probably.

But no way Australia will play 3 Centers in Major Fiba tourney right. Same with NZ.

I bet they will only use 2 Centers each. Especially u guys are advicating small ball fot them.

Also, we said excluding Aus and NZ. We believe Kai can be at least Top 3 Center in Fiba Asia, if not 1.

Comment

To assume there are only 2 young centers in Australia and NZ more promising than Kai, is naive and presumption .
              You could compile a list of all oceana bigs ages 17 to 25 and we will check if they are better than Kai.

My claim was that Kai is the best big in Asia-Oceana for prospects ages 17 to 25.haha

JLA is already 28 yrs old.
              Wetzell 25 yrs old
              Landale is 26

kai is really best big of two continents. Within a 5 to 8yr period. Wetzell couldnt even perform against Kai when kai was 5yrs younger. I'll increase to 8 because wetzell is really too subpar as compare to Kai.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
                Hmmm. Probably.

But no way Australia will play 3 Centers in Major Fiba tourney right. Same with NZ.

I bet they will only use 2 Centers each. Especially u guys are advicating small ball fot them.

Also, we said excluding Aus and NZ. We believe Kai can be at least Top 3 Center in Fiba Asia, if not 1.
                Of course, if that is the question

Comment

Kai's name is in the ballot for voting, as he was one of the 33 names auto eligible NBA front office sent to NBA teams to vote for the combine

Givony is just.one mock writer, the collated 10 most reliable mocks , ESPN is just one of them. In fact Givony and ESPN is the only rating of the 10 reliable mocks (SI, Bleacher, Yahoo etc) that has Kai in top 100. ! All the other 9 reliable mocks not written by Givony did not have Kai in top 100 .

Combine is not important in terms of participation (for lottery picks , many skip). , that is not why it is important. Being invited is what is important from a perspective of a sign or indication that a prospect is well sought by teams. Do not confuse the 2. (Need to participate and receiving high votes to be invited)
                  I still don't get this...It shouldn't matter if you are not liked by most of the teams in the NBA.....what matters is that you are well liked by a few teams.....and that you are liked enough to be taken seriously and be invited for their exclusive interview and work outs........for example, I would rather be in the top 5 candidates of 2-3 teams rather than be ranked 15th-20th candidates by 24 teams. By being consistently ranked in the 15th-20th by all the NBA teams, I may then be selected in the Combine but all these teams will not really be taking me seriously.......being ranked in the top 5 candidates by 2-3 teams will give me a higher chance of getting selected.

Comment

• Balti signs with Hiroshima Dragonflies: https://www.spin.ph/basketball/japan...-a793-20220514

Other clubs were interested, but Hiroshima beat them to him.

Comment

• ^^
                      That's all theory , but it simply does not workout that way historically.
                      1 point you're missing , is that teams don't just vote for 1 to 5 prospect to be invited, but 60 . So inevitably if one is truly a highly rated top 60 prospect the probability is super high one will get more votes. (That's how it ends up).
                      And true enough historically if one is not even voted for both combines (nBA and gleague). 114 names . Then one really has a slim chance of being one of the 58 selected.
                      Does not take a genius why it turns out this way.
                      It's similar to polling an electoral senator top 20 candidates, while the sample group say 10k sampled are not necessarily exactly the voters on election date. Of course a survey poll will be highly indicative of results, if a certain candidate is not even in top 50 surveyed of the 20 required to be drafted. It's basic logic not hard to understand..
                      The probability that only 1 team shared the mindset that Kai is a valuable to be drafted , and no one else to the point they won't even gamble in inviting him with 60 invites available per team (a wide net) is just too improbable.
                      If you understand this it's quite glaring Kai is highly improbable to be drafted. The polls from actual selectors actually indicate this

Another point you're missing is Kai does not have workouts with teams necessarily for the purpose of deciding if he should be drafted, but it's entirely possible like many others if he is worthy to sign as a free agent.
                      Workout invites really means nothing for chances of draftability. It's combine invites that do, and yes raiting high in Mocks..(This is historically verified)
                      # of workout invites is never a good indicator if one is to be drafted. In fact top picks may actually have zero workouts (to avoid teams showing draft intentions)
                      Last edited by DAdmiral; 05-14-2022, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                        Balti signs with Hiroshima Dragonflies: https://www.spin.ph/basketball/japan...-a793-20220514

When does B league start?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rds View Post
                          When does B league start?
                          The news article says October.

Comment

• Drafted or not, there's still a probability that kai will secure a two-way player contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                              Balti signs with Hiroshima Dragonflies: https://www.spin.ph/basketball/japan...-a793-20220514

And Raffy Verano is being targeted by a KBL team.
                              Attack
                              defend
                              Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
                                The news article says October.
                                Still a long time to go. The question is will his B league team allow him to play for the FIBA games before that?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information