Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
    I think Bulandi (special draft) should be their instead of Amsali, that would be a fun line-up.to watch , not sure they will win, but great for development
    It could probably pull close wins against Thailand and Indonesia but who knows? This team will certainly lose to Korea but it's alright since they will learn alot from the game. I'm just excited how they will play against the Koreans.
    Attack
    defend
    Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
      It could probably pull close wins against Thailand and Indonesia but who knows? This team will certainly lose to Korea but it's alright since they will learn alot from the game. I'm just excited how they will play against the Koreans.
      Which should be the kind of mentality when dealing with a developmental or cadet national team in w/c the average age of players is around 21 to 22 years old.

If we send a team composed of the "23 for 2023" cadet team & some collegiate standouts in the 2nd window, the team would need ample time of training & preparation to compensate for the inferiority of skills & maturity as compared to a team reinforced by a number of PBA standouts. Lets face it, as promising as players like Thirdy Ravena, Dwight Ramos, Dave Ildefonso, 1GDL, Kobe Paras, Isaac Go are, they are still inferior compared to PBA standouts Kiefer Ravena, CJ Perez, Christian Standhardinger, Rayray Parks, Troy Rosario in terms of skills & maturity.
      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Nah. These local coaches will say these again:

"He is too young"
        "Too raw"
        "Wait for him to mature"
        "His time will come"

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
          Agree. Bulanadi may be our best local young shooter now
          To be fair didn't get a lot of help at Baste. I'd like to see what he can do in a loaded team.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
            To be fair didn't get a lot of help at Baste. I'd like to see what he can do in a loaded team.
            I like to see what he can do in higher level competition. I mean Bulanadi was among San Sebastian's best players. No doubt, he was an elite player in the college level. But his mettle has yet to be tested in the higher level.

The same also applies with the other young Gilas prospects like Dwight Ramos, Kobe Paras, 1GDL, as well as the other elite collegiate players like Dave Ildefonso, Rhenz Abando, Calvin Oftana. Their true mettle has yet to be tested in the higher level.
            "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Amsali should be included in the SEA Games/SEABA tournaments for him to develop, Bulanadi should be given the opportunity to test his skills against other Asian teams. I think Bulanadi has a good chance on proving himself in the PBA which could make him a fan favorite.I see a bit of Gary David, not being the same mold but the same reputation which is a bit underrated when it comes to the national team although during his time, David were one of the top amateurs during his day even surpassing the likes of James Yap.
              "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                2021 SEAG will be the best chance for him.. With Tab is now project director then expect all amateur/cadet line up will form in SEAG next year.. He will not take any of PBA players there.. This tournament is only try outs for aspiring young stars.. I don't care if Vietnam, Thailand or Indonesia beats us there.. We don't have to prove in this region anyway...
                Very much agree with you bro. No need to prove we are the king of the air, este king of South East Asian basketball. Besides, who cares about being the king of South East Asian basketball when we suck in Asian basketball?

I think we should move on from our mababaw na kaligayahan & aspire for higher endeavors. SEA Games basketball gold medal doesn't mean anything to me anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                  Very much agree with you bro. No need to prove we are the king of the air, este king of South East Asian basketball. Besides, who cares about being the king of South East Asian basketball when we suck in Asian basketball?

I think we should move on from our mababaw na kaligayahan & aspire for higher endeavors. SEA Games basketball gold medal doesn't mean anything to me anymore.
                  But SEA Games golds mean a lot to POC and PSC..

Comment

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
                    But SEA Games golds mean a lot to POC and PSC..
                    Yes bro. Pang epal

Comment

• If there's no development regarding the staging of the 2nd window in the next 2 weeks, I would rather see FIBA cancelling or resetting the 2nd window maybe early next year. Its becoz if ever FIBA decides push thru with the 2nd window this November (regardless of the set-up), I see parang alanganin na for our beloved SBP to come up with a plan of contingency measure in so far as training & preparation of Gilas for the 2nd window. And knowing SBP people, wala talaga akong tiwala how they can deal with this kind of challenge.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                        If there's no development regarding the staging of the 2nd window in the next 2 weeks, I would rather see FIBA cancelling or resetting the 2nd window maybe early next year. Its becoz if ever FIBA decides push thru with the 2nd window this November (regardless of the set-up), I see parang alanganin na for our beloved SBP to come up with a plan of contingency measure in so far as training & preparation of Gilas for the 2nd window. And knowing SBP people, wala talaga akong tiwala how they can deal with this kind of challenge.

Mukhang bubble setup it is.
                        Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
                          No China please. Bring it to Thailand instead. Low cases of COVID and in the middle of the location of all competing countries. The Mono29 Stadium is also a perfect court for the bubble.
                          Attack
                          defend
                          Unite

Comment

• Determined to resume its competitions amidst the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, FIBA will also use a bubble-type format for the next two windows of all its continental cup qualifiers across the world. Basketball’s governing body made the announcement on Friday. With this, the 2021 Asia Cup Qualifiers — which Gilas Pilipinas competes in — will […]
                            NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                            https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• fiba should do bubble games per group.. let’s say in our group, South Korea can host or Thailand.. in oceania group with HK, Australia can host and the safest city to host is Adelaide..
                              Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• they need JAO clearance

In just two months’ time, Gilas Pilipinas will return to action.  But this time around, the second window of the FIBA Asia Cup Qualifiers will take place inside a bubble in an as-yet unannounced country. Unlike past competitions, however, the Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas will have to ask the Joint Administrative Order group for sports, […]
                                Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information