No announcement yet.

Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, if PBA players will not be available in November due to quarantine bubble, then it is the perfect time to test the cadets and the college players.

And if that's the case, i will not surprise if i see this roster in November based on availability:

Ateneo:

Navarro
    Koon
    Dwight
    Dave

San Beda:

Oftana
    Carino

UP:

Tamayo
    Kobe
    Javi
    1GDL

FEU:

Tuffin

Cadets:

Go
    Bulanadi
    Suerte
    Matt

Free agent:

Malonzo
    Attack
    defend
    Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
      So, if PBA players will not be available in November due to quarantine bubble, then it is the perfect time to test the cadets and the college players.

And if that's the case, i will not surprise if i see this roster in November based on availability:

Ateneo:

Navarro
      Koon
      Dwight
      Dave

San Beda:

Oftana
      Carino

UP:

Tamayo
      Kobe
      Javi
      1GDL

FEU:

Tuffin

Cadets:

Go
      Bulanadi
      Suerte
      Matt

Free agent:

Malonzo
      Amsali should also be given a shot IMO he can play 3 position and has decent skills and height. Plus he's a veteran of international comps already

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
        Amsali should also be given a shot IMO he can play 3 position and has decent skills and height. Plus he's a veteran of international comps already
        Amsali performed ok in his previous stints with Batang Gilas. Worth for consideration I think. We are now loaded with wingmen just what Japan is doing for quite sometime.

I think losing to Korea this November is alright for as long as we test our Cadets.
        Attack
        defend
        Unite

Comment

So, if PBA players will not be available in November due to quarantine bubble, then it is the perfect time to test the cadets and the college players.

Ateneo:

Navarro
          Koon
          Dwight
          Dave

San Beda:

Oftana
          Carino

UP:

Tamayo
          Kobe
          Javi
          1GDL

FEU:

Tuffin

Cadets:

Go
          Bulanadi
          Suerte
          Matt

Free agent:

Malonzo
          Hopefully Kouame can fix his papers..
          NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
          https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
            Hopefully Kouame can fix his papers..
            So it's already happening? Nice..

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
              So it's already happening? Nice..
              Actually i don't know, what are congressmen doing now? meron bang session ?
              NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

• If PBA won't be available this year, my predicted final 12 will be:

F - Malonzo 6'7 (unaffiliated and the best available ineligible)
                C - Go 6'7 (ateneo player)
                F/C - Tamayo 6'7 (batang gilas)
                F - Navarro 6'6 (ateneo player)
                F - Kobe 6'6 (best raw talent)
                F - Oftana 6'5 (san beda-mvp affiliated)
                F/G -Dwight 6'5 (ateneo player)
                F/G - Koon 6'5 (ateneo-tab/dickel is not afraid on testing young prospects ala dwight)
                F/G - Amsali 6'4 (san beda-mvp affiliated/batang gilas)
                F/G - Dave 6'4 (ateneo player-batang gilas)
                G - Matt 6'1 (ateneo player)
                G - 1GDL 6'1 (already been in the 1st window)

I just put the reasons why they might be selected for the team.

Half of the team are from ateneo (6 players).

8 out of 12 are from mvp-affiliated schools (admu/sbu).

3 from up because they have always good companion for gilas.
                Attack
                defend
                Unite

Comment

• Slaughter is available for some veteran stability since he has no active PBA contract. Plus playing in a FIBA tournament might get him noticed by international scouts. And I’m curious if all that training in the States has actually improved his game.

Comment

Actually i don't know, what are congressmen doing now? meron bang session ?
                    Perhaps thinking/planning for new sanctions against ABS-CBN

Just kidding. Is SBP really serious on naturalizing Kouame? Certain na ba yun?
                    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                      Perhaps thinking/planning for new sanctions against ABS-CBN

Just kidding. Is SBP really serious on naturalizing Kouame? Certain na ba yun?
                      It's already in congress months ago.. maybe early this year pa ata..
                      Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                        It's already in congress months ago.. maybe early this year pa ata..
                        Great to know that! From now on, I'll be watching Kouame's game with much more enthusiasm.
                        "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by k3ttch View Post
                          Slaughter is available for some veteran stability since he has no active PBA contract. Plus playing in a FIBA tournament might get him noticed by international scouts. And I’m curious if all that training in the States has actually improved his game.
                          If Greg can chase pick and roll or fight multiple screens, then he is worth to consider. Otherwise, just stick to our 6'7 players that can interchange with other players. We playing against Indonesia (with Prosper) but Thailand and Korea (with small ball big Ra Guna).
                          Attack
                          defend
                          Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                            We still need Greg in qualifiers.. for insurance.. who knows? maybe he can be ala Zubac type of player coming this qualifiers.. I'm ok with that..
                            Kai and Aj really unavailable right????

In this case, I will even consider Greg Slaughter and Maurice Shaw atleast in the pool to test them

Comment

If PBA won't be available this year, my predicted final 12 will be:

F - Malonzo 6'7 (unaffiliated and the best available ineligible)
                              C - Go 6'7 (ateneo player)
                              F/C - Tamayo 6'7 (batang gilas)
                              F - Navarro 6'6 (ateneo player)
                              F - Kobe 6'6 (best raw talent)
                              F - Oftana 6'5 (san beda-mvp affiliated)
                              F/G -Dwight 6'5 (ateneo player)
                              F/G - Koon 6'5 (ateneo-tab/dickel is not afraid on testing young prospects ala dwight)
                              F/G - Amsali 6'4 (san beda-mvp affiliated/batang gilas)
                              F/G - Dave 6'4 (ateneo player-batang gilas)
                              G - Matt 6'1 (ateneo player)
                              G - 1GDL 6'1 (already been in the 1st window)

I just put the reasons why they might be selected for the team.

Half of the team are from ateneo (6 players).

8 out of 12 are from mvp-affiliated schools (admu/sbu).

3 from up because they have always good companion for gilas.
                              I think Bulandi (special draft) should be their instead of Amsali, that would be a fun line-up.to watch , not sure they will win, but great for development

Comment

I think Bulandi (special draft) should be their instead of Amsali, that would be a fun line-up.to watch , not sure they will win, but great for development
                                Agree. Bulanadi may be our best local young shooter now

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information