Clear All

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
    Ateneo: Dwight, Navarro, Koon, Dave
    UP: Kobe, Tamayo, 1GDL, Javi GDL
    San Beda: Oftana
    FEU: Tuffin
    Cadets: Matt, Isaac, Suerte, Bulanadi
    Free agents: Malonzo

The talents in the amateur and cadets with size are big. We only need PBA players to compliment them. These are TNT, NLEX and maybe Meralco.

We don't need much of Bolick and CJ Perez if we have big supply of tall guards and wingmen at the amateurs.

We may need CS but not Tratter and Chua if we already have Erram, Almazan, Go, Malonzo, Kobe, Tamayo, Troy and Navarro there.
    with CS, there will be no Malonzo afaik. Slaughter I think would be available as well. CS and Slaughter would be a nice frontline
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
      with CS, there will be no Malonzo afaik
      Correct.
      Between Malonzo & CS, I'll take the latter any time of the day. CS can give us 15+ pts. in every game - something guys like Erram, Almazan, Go, Rosario, Chua, Tratter & Malonzo can't do. With CS, Gilas has a good source of scoring in the shaded lane.
      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
        Correct.
        Between Malonzo & CS, I'll take the latter any time of the day. CS can give us 15+ pts. in every game - something guys like Erram, Almazan, Go, Rosario, Chua, Tratter & Malonzo can't do. With CS, Gilas has a good source of scoring in the shaded lane.
        If Oftana will be very efficient in the small forward position, why not but I really want to see how Malonzo would do in a FIBA-Asia tournament. Malonzo will play small forward/shooting guard Oftana could be a reliever or a shooting guard vice versa, that would be a tall wing position. Malonzo against Indonesia while Standhardinger against Korea.
        "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

If Oftana will be very efficient in the small forward position, why not but I really want to see how Malonzo would do in a FIBA-Asia tournament. Malonzo will play small forward/shooting guard Oftana could be a reliever or a shooting guard vice versa, that would be a tall wing position. Malonzo against Indonesia while Standhardinger against Korea.
          Against Thailand. I think too much wingmen will eventually overwhelm Tyler Lamb in November.
          Attack
          defend
          Unite

Comment

Against Thailand. I think too much wingmen will eventually overwhelm Tyler Lamb in November.
            But why not exploit our advantage in the shaded lane to the hilt against Thailand by tapping CS as our naturalized player in the thailand game? I bet the Thai bigs would be too soft for CS.

If only Junmar isn't recovering from injury, I think Gilas won't really have to worry against Thailand
            "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

In this option, wala tayong pangtapat kay Lester Prosper ng Indonesia. We know how good Prosper is judging from his stint with Columbia. We need CS at the paint to neutralize Indonesia's edge in the frontline with Prosper as its anchor.

Comment

In this option, wala tayong pangtapat kay Lester Prosper ng Indonesia. We know how good Prosper is judging from his stint with Columbia. We need CS at the paint to neutralize Indonesia's edge in the frontline with Prosper as its anchor.
                Prosper is currently not in the Indonesian preparations, as to the reasons why, I have no Idea,Jawato on the other hand, is present though and so is their old naturalized player, Jamarr Johnson.However, this may be a sign that Prosper would not be in the next games. This may also be Kai's chance to be in the senior team.

FIBA: No Prosper for Indonesia in Asia Cup qualifiers

source:https://news.abs-cbn.com/sports/02/2...cup-qualifiers

Comment

Prosper is currently not in the Indonesian preparations, as to the reasons why, I have no Idea,Jawato on the other hand, is present though and so is their old naturalized player, Jamarr Johnson.However, this may be a sign that Prosper would not be in the next games. This may also be Kai's chance to be in the senior team.

source:https://news.abs-cbn.com/sports/02/2...cup-qualifiers
                  That was a February 20 article.
                  Attack
                  defend
                  Unite

Comment

That was a February 20 article.
                    I know, I think there may be some problems with Prosper and Indonesia. Prosper up to now was not in the Indonesian roster they have an IG video I think. Jamarr Johnson and Jawato was present, I don't know but maybe Prosper would not be playing anytime soon,just my guess.

Comment

I know, I think there may be some problems with Prosper and Indonesia. Prosper up to now was not in the Indonesian roster they have an IG video I think. Jamarr Johnson and Jawato was present, I don't know but maybe Prosper would not be playing anytime soon,just my guess.
                      Maybe becoz of the pandemic that Prosper couldn't go to indonesia to join the national team training.

Comment

Maybe becoz of the pandemic that Prosper couldn't go to indonesia to join the national team training.
                        I don't know, lets wait i think I read there will be progress with his naturalization this month. With Prosper yes, we may opt for Standhardinger but without him I think we could have the luxury to field in Malonzo, if Kai would join in with the senior squad, the better. Prosper vs Sotto, I think that would be very entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                          I don't know, lets wait i think I read there will be progress with his naturalization this month. With Prosper yes, we may opt for Standhardinger but without him I think we could have the luxury to field in Malonzo, if Kai would join in with the senior squad, the better. Prosper vs Sotto, I think that would be very entertaining.
                          Afaik prosper is already in indonesia. Saw it in IG that they welcomed him
                          Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                            Afaik prosper is already in indonesia. Saw it in IG that they welcomed him
                            Napirmahan na yata yun natiralization papers nila proper at jawato
                            To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                            1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                              Napirmahan na yata yun natiralization papers nila proper at jawato
                              Does Jawato need naturalization papers? I think all he needs is to issued an Indonesian passport,

Comment

imo, it is the tnt and nlex that they need to talk to. The rest of the line up could be ateneo, up, cadets and free agent.
                                Yeah, we're better off investing in the development and exposure of the "younger" players. Some have more upside (because they're younger, but also as talented as some professionals) and I think they can compete better in the future. PBA players just serve as veteran leaders and complementary players for the most part.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information