X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
    http://tbti.me/y182Te

Goldwyn is actually using Carl Tamayo as a wing at offense in some situations. He is also trying to Carl's overall game. I commend Goldwyn for that.

I can't just imagine how scary the frontcourt trio of Gaye, Quiambao and Carl Tamayo will be. These guys stands atleast 200cm (6'7) - even taller than the average PBA frontcourt of the team. Imagine had Dave did not leave NU?

C-Gaye 6'8
    F-Quiambao 6'6
    F-Tamayo 6'7
    G-Sinclair 6'4
    G-Dave 6'4

This starting five is taller than an average starting five in the PBA. My only problem, though, is who will be their orchestrator in their offensive sets? Hehe
    This coming season will become more exiting, the entry of monteverde in college scene it is not just about battle between strongest team, this is more on battle between the system between ateneo, UST and bulldog, sorry sa mga taga UP, I believe they will miss again the finals, peace!

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
      While we are still focus on thirdy ravena and tab Baldwin issue eh until now our government still no go signal for athletes (especially our gilas pilipinas) to be able to practice once again.. NCR still in gcq so still not allowed to start practice.. I'm bit worried because our plans beyond 2023 still delayed due to this pandemic.. other countries who are much more heavy casualty in this pandemic are already give go signal in their athletes to practice, or already start their professional leagues.. while us are still waiting.. what will happened in our gilas if the 2nd window this coming November is still resume and we are can't be able to prepare due to this decision of our government to hold our athletes.. while jeepneys, buses, restaurants, cinemas, tourism and gyms are now open even these ones are hard implementations of social distancing while training of our athletes are still not allowed? Why IATF? I'm more disappointed now in our government, as a pro-duterte eh I'm disappointed right now.. the AFC/world cup qualifiers for FIFA eh will start by October but still azkals players are not been allowed..
      That's what happens if a quarantine enforced by armed elements is the best solution the government can come up with.

Comment

• is Gian Mamuyac is 6'1-6'2? this kid got quickness could be a very good point guard.I see flashes of Jason Castro.
        "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Ateneo vs Russia (u-23?),there is no Ange Kuoame,this only shows we need height,skills and a good system to beat tall teams

"How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
            is Gian Mamuyac is 6'1-6'2? this kid got quickness could be a very good point guard.I see flashes of Jason Castro.
            Kid still needs to work on his handles. Opposing guards easily snatch the ball away from him.

But that's I think all he really needs to work on. He's developed outside shooting (but can still attack the basket if needed), is quick, and can pickpocket balls better than the average player (ironically, considering what I mentioned above).

Comment

• Originally posted by paulrenzo View Post
              Kid still needs to work on his handles. Opposing guards easily snatch the ball away from him.

But that's I think all he really needs to work on. He's developed outside shooting (but can still attack the basket if needed), is quick, and can pickpocket balls better than the average player (ironically, considering what I mentioned above).
              his batch mates in the Batang Gilas team are Juan De Liaño and Dave Ildefonso. I think he should show what he could do next season. I think its not too late, some PBA stars are late bloomers.

Comment

his batch mates in the Batang Gilas team are Juan De Liaño and Dave Ildefonso. I think he should show what he could do next season. I think its not too late, some PBA stars are late bloomers.
                The kid reminds me of Rajon Rondo with those freakish arms and hands. Same height and build too. But his PG skills needs to improve. His defense is already good

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
                  The kid reminds me of Rajon Rondo with those freakish arms and hands. Same height and build too. But his PG skills needs to improve. His defense is already good
                  Gain was known for defense, the most memorable for him for sure is when he block the shot of Stephen curry

Comment

• If this guy can play point guard, he has more changes in making the Final lineup but he needs to get quicker at least like Robert Bolick and needs better handles and defense and the playmaking and passing of a Jimmy Alapag.Right now he's looking like a freshmen collegiate Matt Wright.Just Imagine if he could be like a 6'4 version of Bolick playing alongside with 6'5 Dwight Ramos, McCullough(with Paras as alternate) in the small forward/power forward position with A.J. And Kai on the frontline.

Comment

• Originally posted by astigram04
                      Not familiar with that league but the leve of basketball seems to be low
                      With no imports, the level is 1st five are rotation players in Div 1. (not stars) Salt - Virginia, etc, note it's an mainly an amateur league, so age of players are young like 23 and below, the competition is legit size, 3 frontline players are 6'8 avg height

Do note Gilas on tour played NZ NBL teams and had a 1 win, 4 loss record

Ken is actually is in the list, of Tab's prospects for 2023, not because of talent but role 3 and D and character

Suprisingly he is in the list of aNBL coachas a pool member for the Australian NBL team
                      NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                      https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                        With no imports, the level is 1st five are rotation players in Div 1. (not stars) Salt - Virginia, etc, note it's an mainly an amateur league, so age of players are young like 23 and below, the competition is legit size, 3 frontline players are 6'8 avg height

Do note Gilas on tour played NZ NBL teams and had a 1 win, 4 loss record

Ken is actually is in the list, of Tab's prospects for 2023, not because of talent but role 3 and D and character

Suprisingly he is in the list of aNBL coachas a pool member for the Australian NBL team
                        That was a Chot Reyes mentored Gilas team preparing for the 2013 FIBA Asia Championship, right? As far as can remember, NBL played with imports (perhaps 2 each team) in those tune-up games with Gilas
                        "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                          That was a Chot Reyes mentored Gilas team preparing for the 2013 FIBA Asia Championship, right? As far as can remember, NBL played with imports (perhaps 2 each team) in those tune-up games with Gilas
                          Yes, the imports weren't that good, and these were hugot teams (not real) to give Gilas competition which also played with Marcus

Anyway it just gives you an idea of the level, it's not a verdict of who's better
                          Ironic it happened 7 years ago exactly from today

here is a report on the games and line-ups
                          One of the things we wanted to achieve with Gilas NZ tour was to replicate the 1st two rounds of FIBA Asia using a 3 straight games then rest and another 3 straight games format. While obviously not exactly the same, let me try as best as possible to compare the teams Gilas played & the results in NZ with who we’re projected to play & possible outcomes in the 1st , two round in FIBA Asia

Day 1: Gilas played the Hawks in NZ , Gilas will play Saudi Arabia in FIBA Asia
                          - Chot mentioned before the Hawks game , this is August 1, were playing against Saudi , let’s come out strong. This Hawks team actually was strong- it’s backcourt featured 2 current Tall Blacks , Kenny (PG) , Bartlet (SG) at SF they had former Tall Black ( The rock as nick named by the Gilas boys cause he looks like the Rock) , Tweener Forward , (Prewster) who was a Tall black pool memberthis year. 2 imports 6’8 Kareem Johnson , and 6’9 Serb (Darko ) these 2 imports outplayed Marcus. As you can see the Hawks team was vastly superior to what the Saudi’s are, In fact I think they are even better the Chinese Tiapei or Jordan. Yet Gilas beat this team away from home (game was closed though)
                          - Grade: PASS
                          Day 2: Gilas played the Hawks again, Gilas will play Jordan in FIBA Asia (reinforced by Baxter)
                          - Hawks minus PG Kenny and import Kareem who failed to play for the Hawks, it is arguable if this Hawks team is stronger than Jordan , but it still is definitely stronger than Saudi, this game was not as close as the 1st game, but was still tight. Collectively the trio of Barlet, the Rock and Prewster. All stading between 6’4 and 6’6 can approximate a Baxter. I doubt Jordan also has players equivalent to the big Darko. (who once again outplayed Marcus)
                          - Grade- Neutral
                          Day 3 :Gilas played the NBL selection, Gilas will play Chinese Tiapei in FIBA
                          - This NBL selection by far is superior talent wise, it featured, bigs Darko and Kareem , Bull strong 6’9 “centre Atkins, Versatile big BJ Anthony ( 6, 8”) and 6’8 Small forward Marcel Jones. What it didn’t have is the chemistry and cohesion Chinese –Tiapei. While we lost by 1, the game actually was decided with more than a minute left. (David made a meaningless 3 pointer when time expired)
                          - Grade- PASS

Day 4 After a one day Break Gilas played the Saints , Gilas could play HK in the 1st game of round 2.
                          - The Saints were a real team , reeling of disappointment loss 3 days ago. They wanted to show some pride. The frontcourt was pretty good, 6’8 center Trousdale (former Tall Black) , PF (point forward) great Dillion Boucher and 6,7 athletic import Markson - Obviously there is no comparison with HK, in fact the Saints team was more like Chinese tiapei. (Talent & chemistry wise) On this day Gilas actually played bad , were outworked and outhustled by the Saints. (Marus didn’t play) They really got a tough lashing from the coaches , so while they didn’t face a weak team like HK, they underperformed in what was supposed to be a big game where they needed to play well.
                          - Grade : FAIL
                          -
                          Day 5- Gilas played the weakest NZ team the Rangers, Gilas could play Japan in FIBA asia
                          - While I wouldn’t say Japan is just as strong as the Rangers , they actually were not bad, their frontline avg 6’7 in height and had Boucher. (from a organiser standpoint I was disappointed with who the Rangers put on the court, I actually secured agreement from 2 imports Kareem and Darko to reinforce the Rangers, yet the Rangers coach decided to go without them , they pocketed the ticket sales) , anyway minus Marcus we played actually soft in the 1st half ( Chot said parang kayo mga bakla mag foul), anyway Gilas just had enough to rely on talent to win convincingly (18 pts).
                          - Grade- Neutral

Day 6 – Gilas played the Tall Blacks , Gilas could play Qatar here (Jervis Hayes)
                          - While the Tall Blacks may have seemed uncohesive at this point having just been assembled a day before, they were surprisingly very well organised, a testament to the continuous system coach Nenad has put in place the last few years. While Jervis and whoever Qatar puts on the court will be athletic and talented, I really don’t see them as being as talented as the Tall Blacks. Chot himself mentioned we will not meet a team this talented (except China and Iran) in FIBA Asia, yet our team played their best game ever, losing by 1 on a controversial call away from home
                          - Grade- PASS

the players in bold currently are playing in this season's NZ NBL - Jones plays with Tuffin and Kenny plays with Rodgers , Bartlet actually grew up in same competition as Gabe Norwood in the states

One of the things we wanted to achieve with Gilas NZ tour was to replicate the 1 st two rounds of FIBA Asia using a 3 straight games then ...
                          Last edited by analyzed; 07-13-2020, 03:23 AM.
                          NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

• Originally posted by astigram04
                            Not familiar with that league but the leve of basketball seems to be low
                            but it seems that they have better quality than PBA D League teams. Give them two quality imports who are at least 6'7 and up and they'll be more competitive, maybe at least like any SBL or even some KBL teams

Comment

but it seems that they have better quality than PBA D League teams. Give them two quality imports who are at least 6'7 and up and they'll be more competitive, maybe at least like any SBL or even some KBL teams
                              While the PBA which is professionalised and especially with imports is a higher level , in my assessment the training development in the NZ NBL for this season is better and more appropriate for FIBA. players like Tuffin actually get minutes as a guard and face better overall length and size similar to FIBA

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                                While the PBA which is professionalised and especially with imports is a higher level , in my assessment the training development in the NZ NBL for this season is better and more appropriate for FIBA. players like Tuffin actually get minutes as a guard and face better overall length and size similar to FIBA
                                Kinda agree with U on this. Kumbaga eh, NBL style of game can simulate the FIBA game better than the PBA style of game.

This is also my point regarding Thirdy Ravena's stint in the Japanese B League. I don't think B League is higher level compared to the PBA. Its just that the B League's style of play resembles the FIBA game better than the PBA game does, hence it would be better for Thirdy to play there than playing in the PBA, in so far as being a National team player is concerned.
                                "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information