No announcement yet.

which countries/cities have u been to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Fenimore Cooper, Walt Whitman, or Clara Barton?

1. Clara Barton (Feminism)
    2. James Fenimore Cooper (The Pilot)
    3. Walt Whitman (I like his beard)

On topic:

Really looking forward to next year's Monaco Grand Prix.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

• Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
      1. Clara Barton (Feminism)
      2. James Fenimore Cooper (The Pilot)
      3. Walt Whitman (I like his beard)

On topic:
      All of those are on topic in relation to pit stops in New Jersey!
      Originally posted by Fedfan
      Most ppl get childish when they lose.
      Originally posted by GuTO
      refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

• Originally posted by JGX View Post
        All of those are on topic in relation to pit stops in New Jersey!
        Never heard of those places, I only stopped in Motorsport Trac, NJ for gas and headed to VA.
        Sacramento Kings
        HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

• Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
          So where are your whereabouts these days?

As for me I can add Izmir to the list of cities I visited in Turkey. I know Istanbul pretty well so when I was there for the WC I cared more about going to the games than sight seeing
          We'll see. Next week I'm going to discuss my next assignment with certain people. Possibly Turkish Black Sea project. But I just extended my residence permit in Hungary for another two years, so I'll be there quite often.

So, what's your honest opinion of Istanbul? I always feel like it's the most unique and special city, but i don't really know if I'm being a homer.

Originally posted by robbe View Post
          Well, I heard they like Germans as well. In part due to well-known clichés (hard-working, efficient, etc.) that kind of mark them as similar people, in part because it is an "old ally". World War II hasn't really been reviewed and understood as it should have been, it seems. A topic you rather not talk about.

Definitely worth a visit though.
          I once heard Japanese people were so courteous that surveys seeking public opinion usually gives misleading results. Yeah, one hear a lot of things about Japan/Japanese, so I must see myself. Bookmark. Korea as well.

Originally posted by JGX View Post
          Was the second time voluntary? Oil Industry?
          Haha. Yes, exactly. I had lots of fun in the second visit though (this Sep-Oct), mainly due to group of people I was with. The weather was great, the guys knew the best places at night, and played soccer a lot for ego boost.
          5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
            We'll see. Next week I'm going to discuss my next assignment with certain people. Possibly Turkish Black Sea project. But I just extended my residence permit in Hungary for another two years, so I'll be there quite often.

So, what's your honest opinion of Istanbul? I always feel like it's the most unique and special city, but i don't really know if I'm being a homer.
            Cool! So you're not really working with a company? Or is it like you take on special specific assignments (sort of like freelancing)?
            The contracting company I work with is specialized in constructing high rise buildings/towers but as of recently we are taking on more industrial projects specifically in the oil and gas sector since it is more profitable and because as you may know the situation of the UAE (in terms of the market crash in Dubai) there is no longer a demand for luxurious high rise towers any longer (whether in Abu Dhabi or Dubai).
            However since the remote areas are really tough to live in we had to raise our salaries by a big margin in order for our engineers+staff to relocate to those areas as we started suffering from a high turnover of employees who were leaving as they weren't happy with the tough living conditions there.

Honestly I really like Istanbul... Since the last time I was there was 8 years ago I realized that the city has improved... It is more clean now.. There is the metro and metrobus which shows a better transportation infrastructure system. Cab/taxi drivers still drive like they're possessed and they're like racing in a formula 1 event (no big deal for me since you should come ride in our taxis in Beirut )..
            Food is awesome, weather is great, people are friendly in general.
            Price wise Istanbul is a very economical city in Europe to live (actually I will go ahead and say that to live there is much cheaper than most of the other big European cities)
            English language hasn't improved much amongst the general population but I have already discussed this with one of the IBN Turkish members who I met in Istanbul "Kyosphere "

Comment

• Originally posted by robbe View Post
              Visited Japan in the summer. Most techologically advanced country I've been to. Mind-blowing innovations and standard. English not so widespread. People are incredibly disciplined and polite and that's what you enjoy as a tourist. Some of the very questionable aspects of society you'll probably only really understand when you live there. I'd call some of it almost schizophrenic.

Tokyo - Amazing transportation system, architecture, surprisingly clean air (compared to other East Asian metropolis'), safety. Not enough green though. Big place, but quite possible to get around due to transportation network. Japan in general is quite something, Tokyo usually the place to start.
              Hey Robbe! It's awesome that you got the chance to visit Japan!
              How long did you stay there in total? Did you go by yourself or were you with a bunch of other people?
              Didn't you find it to be too expensive?.... I heard from someone that a bottle of small water costs something like 5 euros in a supermarket in Tokyo but I don't know if he was exaggerating or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by adebisi View Post
                11.20 - 11.28 Portugal. Faro - Lisboa - Porto. Can not wait
                Added. Now I'm planning a trip to Zagreb, Cibona vs. Rytas.
                One day the tides will turn
                One day the fields will burn
                One day the seas will churn
                The fury of our maker’s hand

Comment

• Originally posted by adebisi View Post
                  Added.
                  So you witnessed the strike
                  Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                  Artificial Nature

Comment

• Good news everyone! I am once again breaking free from the shackles of America!

Munich: Jan 28-Feb 1
                    Vienna: Feb 1-Feb 7

Tips? Afraid that four days in Munich is all my liver can handle these days. Better not schedule that physical for later in February.
                    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Good news everyone! I am once again breaking free from the shackles of America!

Munich: Jan 28-Feb 1
                      Vienna: Feb 1-Feb 7

Tips? Afraid that four days in Munich is all my liver can handle these days. Better not schedule that physical for later in February.
                      Is it time for your bi-annual alcohol binging trip already ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
                        Is it time for your bi-annual alcohol binging trip already ?
                        I wish! In reality I will spend most of the day wandering around castles and churches and having awkward interactions with German-speakers and then most of the beer will have to go into a tub for soaking my sore feet instead of into my mouth.

In preparation I will be watching this video daily:

Comment

I wish! In reality I will spend most of the day wandering around castles and churches and having awkward interactions with German-speakers and then most of the beer will have to go into a tub for soaking my sore feet instead of into my mouth.

In preparation I will be watching this video daily:
                          What a bunch of alcoholics

Never knew beer had any medicinal purposes
                          I will tell you this though... Once I heard that if you place beer on your body the hair tends to be become more blond.... Well I tried it and stayed under the sun for a few hrs and what do you know... I had like a severe sunburn as the beer apparently made it much more worse so now I smelled like beer and was burnt like a charcoal... I did have some lighter hair color though

Comment

• Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
                            So you witnessed the strike
                            I was told by front office that I can have some problems due to the strike, but... everything was more or less ok. Only metro in Lisboa was not working at that time. Great trip anyway. I'm always excited going to Portugal.
                            One day the tides will turn
                            One day the fields will burn
                            One day the seas will churn
                            The fury of our maker’s hand

Comment

• Visiting CMI for the first time in a few years (although I flew through BMI)...so cold...

Comment

Visiting CMI for the first time in a few years (although I flew through BMI)...so cold...
                                Carmelites of Mary Immaculate? I too have a deep fear of all these religious fanatics.

Hey Robbe! It's awesome that you got the chance to visit Japan!
                                How long did you stay there in total? Did you go by yourself or were you with a bunch of other people?
                                Didn't you find it to be too expensive?.... I heard from someone that a bottle of small water costs something like 5 euros in a supermarket in Tokyo but I don't know if he was exaggerating or not.
                                Not alone ... although it's probably more interesting travelling alone regarding conversations etc.

5 Euros may be exaggerated, but it is expensive.

What I really miss is the food. Delicious (although obviously not everyone would agree) and incredibly healthy.

Most baffling? Their toilets.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information