No announcement yet.

which countries/cities have u been to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some pictures from the beautiful city of Marbella along Costa del Sol, Spain:
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by JGX View Post
      Feb 5 Amsterdam (8 hour layover)
      Feb 5-10 Barcelona
      Feb 10-15 Madrid

Suggestions?
      Well I certainly chose the right time to travel as there are 20+ inches of snow on the ground in DC. Unfortunately I bought a couple of your expensive Spanish soccer tickets and now I have about €3 for food for the rest of the trip.
      Originally posted by Fedfan
      Most ppl get childish when they lose.
      Originally posted by GuTO
      refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

• I never been to any country but planning to go HK Disney, Singapore, US and Italy.
        Mayweather vs. Berto Live | Watch Rugby World Cup Live Online
        Live College Football Games | Santa Cruz vs. Mares Fight

Comment

• Originally posted by adebisi View Post
          Adding Serbia to my list. Beograd. Pionir. Partizan vs. Rytas.
          How did you manage to get a ticket?
          You're one lucky guy I must tell...

Adding Paris, France & Murter and Kornati Islands, Croatia to my list...

Comment

• Originally posted by SunOverHStreet View Post
            How did you manage to get a ticket?
            You're one lucky guy I must tell...

Adding Paris, France & Murter and Kornati Islands, Croatia to my list...
            ~700 DNR per person to security guy, and you are in
            One day the tides will turn
            One day the fields will burn
            One day the seas will churn
            The fury of our maker’s hand

Comment

~700 DNR per person to security guy, and you are in
              I expected something like that... And with only 700rsd to pay, you really had luck!

P.S.
              How it was?

Comment

• Originally posted by SunOverHStreet View Post
                I expected something like that... And with only 700rsd to pay, you really had luck!

P.S.
                How it was?
                Before going to Beograd I was expecting to see the best support European basketball can offer. It was great, noone can argue about that, but I guess my expectations were too high...
                P.S. Smoking in arena? WTF?

Comment

Before going to Beograd I was expecting to see the best support European basketball can offer. It was great, noone can argue about that, but I guess my expectations were too high...
                  P.S. Smoking in arena? WTF?
                  Well, I don't know what were you expecting, but you'll hardly see it anywhere else...

BTW, why not smoking? I'm ex-smoker, but I don't find it to be that annoying... Maybe it's unacceptable for strangers (EU citizens), but we still didn't feel strong and non-flexible regulations that EU demonstrates. And believe me, smoking is not the problem, the problem is that there are 2000 people more (and you being one of them) in the gym every time. There is no ventilation system that can handle such amount of people in Pionir.

Comment

• 11.20 - 11.28 Portugal. Faro - Lisboa - Porto. Can not wait

Comment

• Visited Japan in the summer. Most techologically advanced country I've been to. Mind-blowing innovations and standard. English not so widespread. People are incredibly disciplined and polite and that's what you enjoy as a tourist. Some of the very questionable aspects of society you'll probably only really understand when you live there. I'd call some of it almost schizophrenic.

Tokyo - Amazing transportation system, architecture, surprisingly clean air (compared to other East Asian metropolis'), safety. Not enough green though. Big place, but quite possible to get around due to transportation network. Japan in general is quite something, Tokyo usually the place to start.

Hiroshima - Went there by Shinkansen, that high-speed train, simply incredible. Those trains leave every 10 minutes from Tokyo southwestwards. Of course, they also use 747s, not smaller planes like we're used to here in Europe, for domestic flights. Primarily went there to see "ground zero", where they built a big memorial museum. Impressive, haunting experience. The bomb destroyed lives, sctructure, but also much much more there. Still it's kind of incredible that there's such a lively city now, just 65 years after the bomb.

Hokkaido is the most northern of the Japanese Islands, controversially discussed Kuril Islands (Russia) next door. Climate is almost comparable to British Columbia, wildlife is spectacular. Vast contrast if you're coming from the big cities.

Comment

• Definitely wanna visit Japan one day. For some inexplicable reason they like Turks and many of my friends went there on invitation. Maybe they like everybody I don't know.

I guess i had a list somewhere in the beginning, but let me refresh that:

Hungary: Lived in Szeged for a bit more than two years. Feels like home. Visited almost every town. Budapest and Szeged are favorites, not surprisingly.

The USA: Spent three months in Tulsa, OK on two different occasions. Visited Houston, NYC. I can live in this spacious country. Future bookmark.

Russia: Stayed in Tyumen (Siberia) for two and half months. Much better than expected. Yeah, real cold. Moscow for one day only, but it doesn't really count.

Germany: Cologne, Aachen, Dusseldorf, Hannover

Poland: Wrcolaw and Lodz during Eurobasket2009, met Adebisi there. Later Wroclaw again, Milicz and Katowice. Wroclaw is great, Lodz is terrible, wanna visit Warsaw one day.

Czech Republic: Prague, Olomouc, Ostrava. Actually went to many little towns for business reasons but it was only field and hotel.

The Netherlands: Maastricht, Amsterdam

England: London. Really impressed.

Romania: Ploiesti. Ugly industrial town, millions of stray dogs. Never wanna visit again, but probably will have to.

France: Paris. Forgot to mention initially, but had very good memories. Stayed in Val d'Europe for two weeks, just next to Disneyland.

Returned from the Serbia border once, simply to protest the arrogant policeman, who had a problem with Turkish passports definitely. No, it was before the world cup game.
                        Last edited by Levenspiel; 11-26-2010, 07:08 AM.
                        5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                          Definitely wanna visit Japan one day. For some inexplicable reason they like Turks and many of my friends went there on invitation. Maybe they like everybody I don't know.

I guess i had a list somewhere in the beginning, but let me refresh that:

Hungary: Lived in Szeged for a bit more than two years. Feels like home. Visited almost every town. Budapest and Szeged are favorites, not surprisingly.

The USA: Spent three months in Tulsa, OK on two different occasions. Visited Houston, NYC. I can live in this spacious country. Future bookmark.

Russia: Stayed in Tyumen (Siberia) for two and half months. Much better than expected. Yeah, real cold. Moscow for one day only, but it doesn't really count.

Germany: Cologne, Aachen, Dusseldorf, Hannover

Poland: Wrcolaw and Lodz during Eurobasket2009, met Adebisi there. Later Wroclaw again, Milicz and Katowice. Wroclaw is great, Lodz is terrible, wanna visit Warsaw one day.

Czech Republic: Prague, Olomouc, Ostrava. Actually went to many little towns for business reasons but it was only field and hotel.

The Netherlands: Maastricht, Amsterdam

England: London. Really impressed.

Romania: Ploiesti. Ugly industrial town, millions of stray dogs. Never wanna visit again, but probably will have to.

Returned from the Serbia border once, simply to protest the arrogant policeman, who had a problem with Turkish passports definitely. No, it was before the world cup game.
                          So where are your whereabouts these days?

As for me I can add Izmir to the list of cities I visited in Turkey. I know Istanbul pretty well so when I was there for the WC I cared more about going to the games than sight seeing

Comment

• Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                            Definitely wanna visit Japan one day. For some inexplicable reason they like Turks and many of my friends went there on invitation. Maybe they like everybody I don't know.
                            Well, I heard they like Germans as well. In part due to well-known clichés (hard-working, efficient, etc.) that kind of mark them as similar people, in part because it is an "old ally". World War II hasn't really been reviewed and understood as it should have been, it seems. A topic you rather not talk about.

Definitely worth a visit though.

Comment

• Hong-Kong: Once

New York City: Once, did not stay for too long.

New Jersey: Pit stop

Maybe next year: Monte Carlo, Monaco
                              Last edited by CKR13; 11-26-2010, 01:06 AM.
                              Sacramento Kings
                              HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

• Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
                                New Jersey: Pit stop
                                James Fenimore Cooper, Walt Whitman, or Clara Barton?

I went to Copenhagen and Berlin in May, enjoyed both but have been sadly usa-bound since then.

Originally posted by Levenspiel
                                The USA: Spent three months in Tulsa, OK on two different occasions.
                                Was the second time voluntary? Oil Industry?
                                Originally posted by Fedfan
                                Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                                Originally posted by GuTO
                                refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information