Sacramento Kings Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
    Posts just seem to rack up when you're tasked to maintain the NBA section up to date. It's been my pleasure updating it while running my online marketing campaigns at night. Though I have a day job like everyone else,
    Oh, are you an affiliate? What kind of offers do you run? LOL I'm in online marketing too (mostly lead-gen and direct response).

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
    I'm a forum addict. It ranges from basketball to organic farming.
    LOL I don't know why, but that just made me crack up.
    sigpic

Comment

• I am happy with Jimmer Fredette's scoring in most of the Summer League games, scoring around 20 points a couple times, and even garnering 30 points in a single game once. I don't like his low shooting percentage's though, especially in the three-point area... Thomas Robinson was also solid in the Summer league. Like you guys, Robinson looked shorter than 6'9'' to me, but his speed, agility, and overall driving-to-the-basket abilities were all pleasant surprises to me these past five games. I would like to go iwith this lineup in the 2012-13 season...

PG: Thomas
      SG: Evans
      SF: ???
      PF: Robinson
      C: Cousins

Bench:

PG: Aaron Brooks (*)/Jimmer Fredette (*)
      SG: Marcus Thornton (***)/Francisco Garcia
      SF: John Salmons
      PF: Chuck Hayes/Travis Outlaw/James Johnson
      C: Jason Thompson (*)

* = key bench player ..... * = our sixth man
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DonPugfâché View Post
        Oh, are you an affiliate? What kind of offers do you run? LOL I'm in online marketing too (mostly lead-gen and direct response).

LOL I don't know why, but that just made me crack up.
        As for me, I run our PPC campaigns on Google as well as Adsense.
        Sacramento Kings
        HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosnian 23 View Post
          I am happy with Jimmer Fredette's scoring in most of the Summer League games, scoring around 20 points a couple times, and even garnering 30 points in a single game once. I don't like his low shooting percentage's though, especially in the three-point area... Thomas Robinson was also solid in the Summer league. Like you guys, Robinson looked shorter than 6'9'' to me, but his speed, agility, and overall driving-to-the-basket abilities were all pleasant surprises to me these past five games. I would like to go iwith this lineup in the 2012-13 season...

PG: Thomas
          SG: Evans
          SF: ???
          PF: Robinson
          C: Cousins

Bench:

PG: Aaron Brooks (*)/Jimmer Fredette (*)
          SG: Marcus Thornton (***)/Francisco Garcia
          SF: John Salmons
          PF: Chuck Hayes/Travis Outlaw/James Johnson
          C: Jason Thompson (*)

* = key bench player ..... * = our sixth man
          Yes, Fredette has been shooting more hence, his lowered percentage. The opposing team is just daring him to shoot while the players matched up against him are being extra physical. I would like Fredette to pay more attention on setting up his teammates, but he is very fit for training camp.

I think our starting lineup for the season will be:

Cousins
          Thompson
          Evans
          Thornton
          Thomas

I am not expecting Robinson to start right away, as he still has to learn what the NBA is about. Currently, our lineup is as follows:

C - Cousins / Hayes
          PF - Thompson / Robinson / Johnson
          SF - Evans / Salmons / Outlaw / Honeycutt
          SG - Thornton / Garcia
          PG - Thomas / Fredette / Brooks

A 14 man squad currently. Next season, Honeycutt will see time with the D-League as he is missing essential experience in the summer league.
          Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Imagine for the 2013-14 NBA Season where the Kings will have sponsors in our jerseys:

In such setup, big market teams and winning teams will have the most success in jersey sponsorship. Last time I checked we had a Spa & Wellness chain that endorses the Kings.
            Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
              As for me, I run our PPC campaigns on Google as well as Adsense.
              Out of all the different campaign channels (ie email, banners, etc) I always thought PPC/Search to be the hardest by far... so props to you!

OK back to basketball haha
              sigpic

Comment

• The Sacramento Kings will sport Alternate Jerseys for the 2012-2013 NBA Season according to A Royal Pain.
                Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Thomas Robinson #0
                  Aaron Brooks #3
                  Tyler Honeycutt #9
                  James Johnson #52
                  Last edited by CKR13; 07-24-2012, 07:07 AM.
                  Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Sactown Royalty predicts a starting lineup of:

PG - Thomas
                    SG - Tyreke
                    SF - Johnson?
                    PF - JT
                    C - DMC

I think the most TALENTED 5 would be to have Tyreke, Thomas, and MT starting... but as far as rotation and roles go, I agree that we're better off having either Tyreke or MT coming off the bench (assuming IT is locked in as the starting PG).

a) With Tyreke starting, he gets to play SG, where he's a lot more effective than at SF ... and Marcus gets to be the undisputed go-to guy playing with the 2nd unit, where he can do what he does best, with free reign: score.

b) If you start Thornton, then you have much better spacing for the bigs due to his shooting ability ... and Tyreke gets to play combo SG/PG with the 2nd unit, a role he seems to flourish in (ie his rookie year, and last year for the ~20 games he started at the position under Smart). Plus, you have the benefit of having Jimmer to spot up on those Tyreke penetrate & kick-outs.

http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2012/7...3-49?ref=yahoo
                    sigpic

Comment

• Those are indeed intriguing scenarios about the rotation. But I think Thornton nor Evans will be unhappy being off the bench.
                      Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Yeah, probably not. But I think you could sell it as an opportunity to to be the go-to guy. And you could still give them both starter minutes ~35ppg that way
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DonPugfâché View Post
                          Yeah, probably not. But I think you could sell it as an opportunity to to be the go-to guy. And you could still give them both starter minutes ~35ppg that way
                          I like Keith Smart's philosophy for designated starters and back-ups: "It's not a competition, but a partnership.". Smart preached that last season. Thomas and Fredette certainly responded. At some point, Evans and Terrence Williams found it beneficial as well wherein both men understood what is to be done. If ever we designate Thornton and Evans at the shooting guard spot, I hope they develop that co-existence.

It did not work out for Jason Thompson and JJ Hickson as the latter was unhappy from the very start.
                          Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Sacramento Kings 2012-2013 NBA Regular Season Schedule

We have a very manageable schedule. The most pressing matter that needs to be improved is overall team defense. If we continue to give up the second most points in the NBA from last season, we won't get many wins even with a favorable schedule.
                            Sacramento Kings

Comment

• I am glad we have gotten the Bulls as our opener, they will be missing Derrick Rose on October 31, so we have a much better chance of winning then let's say, if we played them in March-later. It will be nice facing off against the golden State Warriors to have our home opener, should be a nice Northern California rivalry game, there. I am just disappointed that we aren't on any nationally tlevised games, except NBA TV (which should not count as national TV, since you have to pay to watch it for some cable providers). Yet the Washington Wizards, a team that was worse than us last season, gets a game on ESPN... sigh...

Btw, I like our alternate's for this year, it will represent our history.

And also, if it was up to me to choose a sponsor for the 2013-14 season, then I would have to choose for the Kings carry the Carl's Jr. logo on their jerseys.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Our guys have been working out in a mini-summer camp that was prompted by Isaiah Thomas Jr. Tyreke Evans, Marcus Thornton, Jimmer Fredette, Aaron Brooks, Travis Outlaw, Tyler Honeycutt, DeMarcus Cousins, Jason Thompson and Thomas Robinson are working out together.

This essentially builds chemistry this early.
                                Sacramento Kings

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information