No announcement yet.

Sacramento Kings Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the Kings just signed Aaron Brooks. I figure he'll be a mentor, with Thomas remaining the starter and Brooks getting significant time as well.

But what does this mean for Jimmer? I'm thinking he becomes a backup combo guard. Maybe also means Tyreke will NOT be playing PG at all this year?

Anyway don't get me wrong, Brooks is a solid player who adds depth at PG ... but I don't think he's ever really been a true/distributing PG either. His best year was in Houston, and even then he only put up ~5 apg and a below average asst:TO ratio. I'll take whatever talent we can get though!
    sigpic

Comment

• I see Aaron Brooks teaching a thing or two on Fredette and Thomas. Though he never struck me as a distributing point guard, as I saw him over the years as a volume shooter instead. So it was Brooks all along whom the Kings were reported to be on the market for a shooter.

I still think that Fredette will be backing up Thomas on point guard duties wherein Brooks can pitch in as a third stringer role. I shudder at the thought of fielding Cousins, Robinson, Evans, Thornton and Brooks on the floor, not much ball to go around frankly.

At the moment, I am still wondering on what James Johnson's role will be.
      Sacramento Kings
      HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

• There are rumors swirling that Jimmer Fredette's future is in doubt with the signing of Aaron Brooks. The way I see it, Fredette still has a future with the team and I see Aaron Brooks not a long term solution but for a try-out phase wherein I am expecting Brooks being given a role like that of Luther Head back in the 2010-2011 campaign.
        Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
          I see Aaron Brooks teaching a thing or two on Fredette and Thomas. Though he never struck me as a distributing point guard, as I saw him over the years as a volume shooter instead. So it was Brooks all along whom the Kings were reported to be on the market for a shooter.

I still think that Fredette will be backing up Thomas on point guard duties wherein Brooks can pitch in as a third stringer role. I shudder at the thought of fielding Cousins, Robinson, Evans, Thornton and Brooks on the floor, not much ball to go around frankly.

At the moment, I am still wondering on what James Johnson's role will be.
          You bring up something that sums up how I feel about these acquisitions over the past couple years. We're bringing it DEPTH for sure... but often not guys who would be able to pencil in as clear starters. Sure, guys like Salmons and Brooks could be solid role-players/pieces on very good teams, but on a team like ours, their incremental impact doesn't mean as much (unless they happen to be GREAT at a specific area of need) because we need playmakers and creators, more-so than mediocre/back-up guys who would normally play 10-15 mpg if they were on a good team. It's great having the kind of depth where you have 3 guys capable of being 2nd stringers/part time starters for a given position, but I'd much rather have 1 guy who's clearly a starter/potential all-star player. We're not getting that with guys like Brooks and Johnson though.
          sigpic

Comment

• On a related note, I'm hearing talk about Jimmer being traded, possibly to the Suns. I could see Jimmer fitting in there, but I'm no sure what we'd get in return... maybe Morris? Anyway, just rumors so far, so we'll have to wait and see...
            sigpic

Comment

• I'm reading rumors about Fredette as well. Some quarters state that the Kings are showcasing Fredette in the summer league to gauge interest from other NBA teams.
              Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Been watching the summer league games and i like how mitchell and Lee have been playing, i think Robinson will get in form after more games. Jimmer actually didnt have me cursing his name in the last 3 quarters against houston, he still needs to learn how to pass the ball.
                In order to serve yourself, you must serve others

Comment

• Jimmer Fredette is embracing the scoring mentality. He started the summer league looking like a point guard, but now he's same old Jimmer.
                  Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Former Sacramento Kings star Chris Webber has as a positive impression about Demarcus Cousins and Thomas Robinson.

Webber encouraged by his youthful, former Kings team
                    Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Thomas Robinson with 15 points and 16 rebounds. Jimmer Fredette top scored with 19 points to lead the Sacramento Kings over the Boston Celtics 91-82 in the Las Vegas Summer League.
                      Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Is it just me, or does Thomas Robinson look a little smaller than the 6-9/245 he's listed as? He looks a tad shorter than that, and a little leaner ... he actually looks more like a combo forward or a tweener SF/PF when he's out there. He's quicker and more agile/fluid than I expected (his body movement looks like he could even play & defend SF at times), but also not quite the banger/bruiser I expected him to be down low.
                        sigpic

Comment

• I think Robinson is a shade smaller than 6'9. Kings loves to pad heights like that of Cousins that go between 6'10 to 6'11 at times. In watching Robinson, he is more of a stretch four wherein I saw a lot of face-up drives all the way to the basket. I do like his turn-around shot when going shoulder shimmy against a post defender.

At one point, I saw Robinson assume the triple threat in the three point line top dome, beat his defender and layed it in for the layup. But the plus side is his mobility wherein he can play SF for us if Keith Smart chooses, (think Travis Outlaw). Robinson does have a knack on getting those long balled rebounds so that's a plus on how our offense is structured.
                          Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Good point... I think his slight lack of height + the way he likes to face up and drive so much from 18+ feet (and how he seems comfortable and fluid doing it) as you mentioned that makes me see him as sort of a combo forward, or as you put it, a "stretch 4." If he can develop a good midrange J, I could actually see him being a real offensive threat somewhat in the mold of Bosh/Amare. I was actually surprised when I saw the college stats and it showed him to be a poor mid-range shooter, as his form doesn't look bad. And his pull-up J is pretty fluid too. So I think he'll have better luck than Tyreke as far as improving his shot because his technique is relatively sound.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Btw @CKR13 ... how the heck do you have 12,000+ posts?!?!?! Haha you must be on here A LOT
                              sigpic

Comment

• Posts just seem to rack up when you're tasked to maintain the NBA section up to date. It's been my pleasure updating it while running my online marketing campaigns at night. Though I have a day job like everyone else, I still manage to squeeze in some time for forums as I'm a forum addict. It ranges from basketball to organic farming.

Moving on, the Pacific Division has gotten tougher in just three weeks.

Los Angeles Lakers
                                They added Steve Nash and Antawn Jamison with their re-tooling.

Los Angeles Clippers
                                Lamar Odom, Grant Hill, Jamal Crawford and Chauncey Billups makes the Clippers even more formidable.

Phoenix Suns
                                We can beat them but they just got younger in the wings as Goran Dragic is back alongside the addition of Michael Beasley.

Golden State Warriors
                                This is the team that has been re-tooling since last February's trade deadline. Andrew Bogut will be healthy and that adds major size. This draft, they got Harrison Barnes alongside other front-court pieces. They will be a better half-court team due to Jarret Jack being in town.
                                Sacramento Kings

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information