No announcement yet.

Sacramento Kings Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're slipping, CKR13. I figured you'd be all over this one when news broke.

Rudy Gay signs 3 yr, $40 million contract extension with Kings that begins next season. Option to opt out in the summer of 2017.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHBB View Post
      You're slipping, CKR13. I figured you'd be all over this one when news broke.

Rudy Gay signs 3 yr, $40 million contract extension with Kings that begins next season. Option to opt out in the summer of 2017.
      Yeah, but thanks for the update. Man I have to commend you for being hardcore with the Sixers.

Last season, we couldn't have won those limited games without Gay. Cousins can't do it alone and which is why we need Gay.
      Sacramento Kings
      HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

• Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
        Yeah, but thanks for the update. Man I have to commend you for being hardcore with the Sixers.

Last season, we couldn't have won those limited games without Gay. Cousins can't do it alone and which is why we need Gay.
        Haha at this point they're really starting to test my patience. I'm getting tired of watching Wroten's ballhogging. It's starting to remind me of the Iverson/Lou Williams days where games are only close or the Sixers need to comeback simply because there's a guy hogging the ball who's driving with or shooting the ball every team possession yet only has 20 or less points at the end of most games.

Yeah that's how I view it too. They needed a pure scorer who can shoot a bit to complement DMC's play down low. Tyreke was never going to work because he's never been a great perimeter shooter. Oddly enough, most of the players coming out of the Philly area these days (mostly since the biggest players are all wings or 4s) can't shoot the 3 very well either. What they can do is score in all kinds of crazy ways thanks to playing on all of those weirdly shaped basketball hoops. Now what they need is McLemore to develop into a legitimate scorer off the ball who can consistently play good defense and to add a shot blocker. I still question the pick of Stauskas over Vonleh.

Comment

Haha at this point they're really starting to test my patience. I'm getting tired of watching Wroten's ballhogging. It's starting to remind me of the Iverson/Lou Williams days where games are only close or the Sixers need to comeback simply because there's a guy hogging the ball who's driving with or shooting the ball every team possession yet only has 20 or less points at the end of most games.

Yeah that's how I view it too. They needed a pure scorer who can shoot a bit to complement DMC's play down low. Tyreke was never going to work because he's never been a great perimeter shooter. Oddly enough, most of the players coming out of the Philly area these days (mostly since the biggest players are all wings or 4s) can't shoot the 3 very well either. What they can do is score in all kinds of crazy ways thanks to playing on all of those weirdly shaped basketball hoops. Now what they need is McLemore to develop into a legitimate scorer off the ball who can consistently play good defense and to add a shot blocker. I still question the pick of Stauskas over Vonleh.
          Good thing about the Sixers is that they will have a lot of flexibility in the off-season and I like their approach of nurturing young players to transition into something special. Sixers are far away from the pressures of signing an overpaid veteran and I like Sam Hinke's approach of advance statistics as evaluation of a player's aptitude, that deviates from the often misleading points per game they put up as a basis for salary negotiations. Sixers will have a lot of flexibility moving forward, carefully evaluating players, making additions and parting ways with players that don't work out.

As for the Kings, it took us seven years to move forward with a bit of buoyancy in the west. Tyreke just as you said won't be able to play with Cousins. Rudy Gay was our answer to the SF position after years of experimenting with a revolving door names of Nocioni, Greene, Salmons, Johnson and Williams.

Same with the shooting guard position where Tyreke Evans put up some up and down numbers and the volume shooting of Marcus Thornton. McLemore I think can still grow as he learns to navigate without the ball in our read and react offense.
          Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Kings winning against a Bulls team without Derrick Rose and Pau Gasol tonight. Darren Collison finished his first double double with the team and a rare Derrick Williams sighting that helped us float for a bit in the 2nd quarter.

Williams is much more useful as a stretch four rather than a three as he lacks the shooting and wingman like skills. Omri Casspi was also a spark off the bench as his gritty defense and attacking mentality helped boost us.
            Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Demarcus Cousins named player of the week after a 2-0 week.
              Sacramento Kings

Comment

Demarcus Cousins named player of the week after a 2-0 week.
                I love boogie's game. He and Anthony Davis will battle it out as the two best big men for a decade.
                Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

• Originally posted by usagre View Post
                  I love boogie's game. He and Anthony Davis will battle it out as the two best big men for a decade.
                  I love the games of both. I hope to see them suit up in Rio 2016.
                  Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Kings winning tonight against the Pelicans. Somewhat of a bounce back game on the last time Kings let it slip. After Mike Malone was ejected in the 1st half, Kings rallied around the Demarcus Cousins. Omri Casspi was brilliant in the 4th.
                    Sacramento Kings

Comment

Kings winning against a Bulls team without Derrick Rose and Pau Gasol tonight. Darren Collison finished his first double double with the team and a rare Derrick Williams sighting that helped us float for a bit in the 2nd quarter.

Williams is much more useful as a stretch four rather than a three as he lacks the shooting and wingman like skills. Omri Casspi was also a spark off the bench as his gritty defense and attacking mentality helped boost us.
                      He was one of those guys who was always going to have to work really hard in order to be a wing given his body build. He put in the work towards the end of high school and into college but I think once he got drafted he got too comfortable. He's going to have a lot of trouble finding a spot in the future as a 4 given all of the legitimate big men that keep coming into the league. It's a shame because he'd be a great fit in Minnesota this season or even LA.

What's the deal with the arena by the way? I bet they end up referring to it as the "house that DMC built" haha

Comment

He was one of those guys who was always going to have to work really hard in order to be a wing given his body build. He put in the work towards the end of high school and into college but I think once he got drafted he got too comfortable. He's going to have a lot of trouble finding a spot in the future as a 4 given all of the legitimate big men that keep coming into the league. It's a shame because he'd be a great fit in Minnesota this season or even LA.

What's the deal with the arena by the way? I bet they end up referring to it as the "house that DMC built" haha
                        About the arena, construction is in full swing with the digging and foundation of the structure.
                        Sacramento Kings

Comment

About the arena, construction is in full swing with the digging and foundation of the structure.
                          Good to hear. What you guys are doing is impressive, building the arena within the area of a partially demolished indoor mall, and provides a blueprint for what the Sixers could do at the Gallery at Market East in Center City if they wanted to build a downtown arena in the future.

Come to think about it, I wouldn't mind seeing Derrick Williams on the Sixers. We need a stretch four type like him, and you know Brett Brown would get him in the best shape of his life. You guys need a shooter, too, so a guy like Hollis Thompson would be a great guy to bring off the bench, especially since you don't have any legitimate wing players other than Rudy. We'd probably have to throw in Brandon Davies just to give you some depth and another big body off the bench, but I think that trade would be great for both sides. The best part is all three players are expiring contracts so neither team would have to take on future salary. I'm not sure if the Sixers would do that though, since they seem to be pretty high on Hollis Thompson.

Comment

Good to hear. What you guys are doing is impressive, building the arena within the area of a partially demolished indoor mall, and provides a blueprint for what the Sixers could do at the Gallery at Market East in Center City if they wanted to build a downtown arena in the future.

Come to think about it, I wouldn't mind seeing Derrick Williams on the Sixers. We need a stretch four type like him, and you know Brett Brown would get him in the best shape of his life. You guys need a shooter, too, so a guy like Hollis Thompson would be a great guy to bring off the bench, especially since you don't have any legitimate wing players other than Rudy. We'd probably have to throw in Brandon Davies just to give you some depth and another big body off the bench, but I think that trade would be great for both sides. The best part is all three players are expiring contracts so neither team would have to take on future salary. I'm not sure if the Sixers would do that though, since they seem to be pretty high on Hollis Thompson.
                            Sounds like a good trade there. This may sound weird but I'd like us to have Tony Wroten for Derrick Williams. Wroten can still be taken in to a team play environment while Williams can grow with a developing environment like the Sixers. I'd love for Williams to regain his college form and early Minnesota form where he had that confidence to shoot.
                            Sacramento Kings

Comment

Sounds like a good trade there. This may sound weird but I'd like us to have Tony Wroten for Derrick Williams. Wroten can still be taken in to a team play environment while Williams can grow with a developing environment like the Sixers. I'd love for Williams to regain his college form and early Minnesota form where he had that confidence to shoot.
                              Haha man you'd have to give up more than that for Wroten. He's been very inefficient at times this season but he's got crazy potential and he's putting up numbers and improving his shooting and finishing at the rim. He's a player you have to discipline and set very hard lines and ground rules with but if you do he'll be your team's best scorer, even off the bench. You'd have to give up at least a second rounder on top of Derrick Williams, and even then I'm not sure the Sixers would do it. Sixers fans would NOT be happy either haha

That's exactly the way I see a trade for Williams, too. I think getting in the best shape he can be in and getting a real chance to play consistently and score consistently would revive his career and maybe help him blossom into the guy he seemed like he could be coming out of college. The Sixers need a guy like that until Saric comes over, and they need to find some minutes for KJ McDaniels and Jerami Grant when he gets healthy, so getting rid of Hollis Thompson makes sense as much as I'd hate to see him go. I want to see them trade Wroten too, but they'll need to get something real back for him. I wonder if the Sixers and Kings could do a 3 team trade with the Lakers where Derrick Williams and Wes Johnson go to the Sixers and LA gets Hollis Thompson, Sacramento gets Tony Wroten, and some extra parts and draft picks are exchanged. I think that would benefit all three teams.

Comment

Haha man you'd have to give up more than that for Wroten. He's been very inefficient at times this season but he's got crazy potential and he's putting up numbers and improving his shooting and finishing at the rim. He's a player you have to discipline and set very hard lines and ground rules with but if you do he'll be your team's best scorer, even off the bench. You'd have to give up at least a second rounder on top of Derrick Williams, and even then I'm not sure the Sixers would do it. Sixers fans would NOT be happy either haha

That's exactly the way I see a trade for Williams, too. I think getting in the best shape he can be in and getting a real chance to play consistently and score consistently would revive his career and maybe help him blossom into the guy he seemed like he could be coming out of college. The Sixers need a guy like that until Saric comes over, and they need to find some minutes for KJ McDaniels and Jerami Grant when he gets healthy, so getting rid of Hollis Thompson makes sense as much as I'd hate to see him go. I want to see them trade Wroten too, but they'll need to get something real back for him. I wonder if the Sixers and Kings could do a 3 team trade with the Lakers where Derrick Williams and Wes Johnson go to the Sixers and LA gets Hollis Thompson, Sacramento gets Tony Wroten, and some extra parts and draft picks are exchanged. I think that would benefit all three teams.
                                Good points. Maybe we can give up a couple of draft picks to help the 76ers along the way as our draft picks are not as prized going forward when we are trying to be a playoff bubble team. For the Kings now, it's about adding quality pieces to make it all fit.
                                Sacramento Kings

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information