Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like to congratulate China on organising themselves probably the weakest group + the weakest path towards the further rounds in world cup history, yet still failing to reach the second round and like that wouldn’t be enough, not even making the olympics from the arguably easiest region to make it there. Job well done. #worldgotgame

Comment

• Japan (0-5). Good thing, that they are hosting next years Olympics.

Comment

• We had a lot of negative (some positives) records in that World Cup.

1. Italy's 10th place is the worst in ten appearances.
        2. Greece 11st place is the worst also, though we had been 11th at Turkey's World Cup.
        3. China 24th place was the worst place, in home soil, too.
        4. Lithuania failed to reach quarterfinals for the first time in five appearances.
        5. Russia for the first time in four appearances, failed to reach quarters too.
        6. Poland had one participation in 5th place 52 years ago. This is the second appearance and they reached again the final phase.
        7. Spain reaches quarterfinals for sixth time in a row.
        8. USA always reaches quarterfinals.

Comment

• I just hope we can have a good final this time which there's finally a good chance with US not at its strongest this year. Something like today Australia v. France
          Lithuania

Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
          FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
          FIBA EuroBasket : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

Comment

• Poland, Argentina and the Czech Republic are not quarterfinal caliber teams. All three are obviously there because of favorable circumstances. I don’t give any one of the three a realistic chance to advance and more likely that they all lose big in the quarters.
            Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

• Originally posted by usagre View Post
              Poland, Argentina and the Czech Republic are not quarterfinal caliber teams. All three are obviously there because of favorable circumstances. I don’t give any one of the three a realistic chance to advance and more likely that they all lose big in the quarters.
              I didn't think CR would advance out of the first round. The fact that they came this far is a amazing.

Comment

Poland, Argentina and the Czech Republic are not quarterfinal caliber teams. All three are obviously there because of favorable circumstances. I don’t give any one of the three a realistic chance to advance and more likely that they all lose big in the quarters.
                --- Poland, Czech, Argentina
                +++ Greece, Italy, Lithuania

but hey, what can you do, when you (Poland) meet China, Venesuela, Coite d Ivore, Russia and Argentina in your way
                or you (Argentina) play against Russia, Nigeria, Korea, Venesuela, Poland.

Czechs might actually be called this WC's dark horse with respect, because they managed to beat some decent teams, but obviously not the deadly ones (Turkey, Japan, Brasil)

Comment

• Anyone watching Spanish series Money Heist (La Casa de Papel)? Reminds me of International Basketball. Everyone wants the robbers to win, and USA is the bank.

Comment

Yes, you're right... ARG is a semifinal caliber team... At least...
                    Last edited by juli_rc; 09-10-2019, 02:07 PM.

Comment

• Wow Serbia is out Now if only France can do the job v. USA there would be no clear favourite anymore .
                      Lithuania

Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
                      FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
                      FIBA EuroBasket : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

Comment

• USA vs Serbia classification game and Argentina vs Czech Republic final are both still on the table.
                        Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

• LTU, GRE, SRB all out. This forum will be a ghost town in no time...

Comment

• Originally posted by christodoulou76 View Post
                            LTU, GRE, SRB all out. This forum will be a ghost town in no time...
                            In a possible USA defeat, this forum will look like a funeral... with a couple of spanish to be the guys to give condolenses..

Comment

• Originally posted by Valexander View Post
                              In a possible USA defeat, this forum will look like a funeral... with a couple of spanish to be the guys to give condolenses..
                              I have my box of tissues ready.

Comment

• Who could have imagined that the 5-8 classification games would be used to determine the 2nd automatic qualifier from Europe rather than the one from the Americas? In other words, none of us predicted that only one European team would qualify to semifinals. Let's see if FRA can defy the odds tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information