Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...I am getting a bit worried since there are no bad news this off season, and I am not used to that recently

I got a bit worried hearing that Olimpija was negotiating Christian Dalmau and I thought that was a clear sign Ranniko doesn't intend to sign the contract... 2 more years? exceeded all my expectations, as well as other players Olimpija brought...
    I'll be slowely starting to wonder if someone is messing around if they'd announce Olimpija signed Slokar
    ...at least once in a while Olimpija fans get to hear some good news...

now Olimpija needs a PG and preferably a defensive minded center, and I have no idea how much money there is left for the first (or second) team.
    Mostlikely those 2 players would come from US after the summerleagues end...

any news on Stringer lately?
    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Szewczyk leave Ljubljana

Legea Scafati Basket announced the agreement with Polish Szymon Szewczyk (209-C-82).

Euroleague: 14 games: 7.3ppg, 2.8rpg, 2FGP: 58.8%, 3FGP: 36.8%, FT: 73.3%;
      Adriatic League: 21 games: 6.5ppg, 2.7rpg, FGP: 57.8%, 3PT: 37.5%, FT: 85.2%;
      Slovenian League: 16 games: 6.8ppg, 3.7rpg, 2FGP: 69.2%, 3PT: 31.2%, FT: 66.7%

Comment

Originally posted by PHILIPeurobasket
        Szewczyk leave Ljubljana

Legea Scafati Basket announced the agreement with Polish Szymon Szewczyk (209-C-82).

Euroleague: 14 games: 7.3ppg, 2.8rpg, 2FGP: 58.8%, 3FGP: 36.8%, FT: 73.3%;
        Adriatic League: 21 games: 6.5ppg, 2.7rpg, FGP: 57.8%, 3PT: 37.5%, FT: 85.2%;
        Slovenian League: 16 games: 6.8ppg, 3.7rpg, 2FGP: 69.2%, 3PT: 31.2%, FT: 66.7%
        He left Ljubljana the next day when the season was over.

Comment

Originally posted by elaj
          He left Ljubljana the next day when the season was over.
          yes I know that, he was on target of Anwil Wloclawek. But Today info Elaj is officjal info

Comment

Little update what is going on with Union Olimpija these days:

Sašo Ožbolt's agent Mira Poljo said that he is underpaid and that he should be paid atleast 250.000€ per season. Ožbolt currently has the contract with Olimpija also for next season but he said to the director that he wants to stay in Olimpija but he wants also little bit bigger salary. His agent is saying that she can get him a club in Spain which is prepared to pay 300.000€ per season to Ožbolt. Our director is saying that if she really has the club which is prepared to pay him that kind of salary (he was injured for a whole year!) then this club ofcourse also has the money to buy him out, which will cost them lot of money. Anyway the other option is that Ožbolt gets new contract for 1+1 with little bigger salary and he can go after this season for decent buyout ofcourse.

Our director Tavčar also said that they are looking for four new players, one on PG position and one on C, the other two will be backup (guard and PF/C). They are still negotiating with Uros Slokar (ex-Benetton), and he said that financial they are close to agreement, but Slokar also got an offer from NBA (Toronto Raptors) to get there after the WC (I assume?) to some tryouts and they will see... anyway still opened situation. The player which his name came out to public is Marijonas Petravicius (207, 27, C) ex-Ventspils. He was here to some try-outs (probably medical exam and so on).

Hasan Rizvič has according to our director to big salary for the next two years and they have to reduce it, they have to talk about this also. The director said that Rizvič isn't satisfied with his role in the club, so I think that there could be some problems... I hope they work this out. He is still young - 22 years, has 210cm, and ha(d)s alot of potential.

According to some romours youngsters Sandi Čebular and Dejan Hohler will be loaned to Helios Domžale.

Tavčar also stated that there still is an option to keep Dragiša Drobnjak in the club, but I think that's just backup situation if they don't get any other backup hustler under the rim.
            Last edited by elaj; 07-14-2006, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Ožbolt being underpaid is a fact, it's easy to guess that... BUT, he is still under contract and as you implied to change the contract it would make sense for him to prolongue it... so imo it's a win-win situation, unless of course he would run away with some minor buyout, which I don't believe it would happen anyway...

Dragiša Drobnjak an option... he is cheap, he learned a lot through his euroleague seasons with Olimpija and Krka, and yes I'd keep him, since he might proove damn usefull during some matches. The question is if he'd be satisfied with his minutes... and considering how things are going, I doubt he'd be willing to wait for some long time just toplay in euroleague, while he can definately bulk up his price in a club like Helios for example.

I hope Slokar is on the real ground here. I mean I've only heard superlatives about his IQ, so he better be smart and not leave to Toronto to replacing Garbajosa, Bargnani, Boshmfor those few minutes on court, while he has the potential to get to NBA as a prooven player with much bigger minutes than he'd get in Toronto right now. Due to Bargnani's talent he didn't get the exposure he deserves and for a change he should look only about the minutes he'd get for the next season (or two), he warmed the bench long enough right now...
              Even if he doesn't choose Olimpija, I don't care as long as he doesn't choose Toronto...
              That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

drobnjak is the type of player you don't let free that easily - not in such a team which so much lacked of fighting spirit last season. its not only about how good he is - he's the captain, he's the heart and he's probably the most relaiable player in the team (not too good but usually does his part).
                as for ozbolt - i say, come on man, give us a nice season and you'll be well settelled. repeating his last (healthy season) will worth him some 500k contract, i'd sign him before jasitis and i guess there are at least some teams who think like me. just play an entire season and show you're back from this injury.

Comment

that's the thing with too hasty managers- Mira Poljo than ends up with Antonijevič or Zagorac without a club in the season...

The team really lacked fighting spirit last year, but I am afraid this season with Milič and Zupan we might have too much of it, especially Zupan- he is the best deaf player on the world, and he compensates his shortcomes by enormous fighting spirit... I don't know if I ever wanted any player to succed as much as I want for Zupan, he damn deserves it...

Comment

Originally posted by Matiz
                    I don't know if I ever wanted any player to succed as much as I want for Zupan, he damn deserves it...
                    You are reading my mind!

Comment

According to last news in the media (unconfirmed by the Union Olimpija) the new coach assistants to headcoach Tomo Mahoric will be Bostjan Jakse (physical preparation) and Gasper Okorn (coach assistent). Both were already his assistents at Union Olimpija (2002-2003) and Lietuvos Rytas (2004-2005) (Bostjan Jakse also at Idea-Slask Wroclaw (2004-2005)).
                      Last edited by elaj; 07-16-2006, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by elaj
                        (Bostjan Jakse also at Idea-Slask Wroclaw).
                        Here is I think mistake ...

Comment

Latest News News  How Not to Look Like a Tourist When Traveling in Africa December 23, 2019 ThemeGrill Team News  Beach

Ex-Olimpija head coach Saso Filipovski sign today contract with Polish Turow Zgorzelec ...

Comment

Union Olimpija is currently negotiating with Goran Jurak (203-PF/C-77) ex-Vertical Vision Cantu.

They have also sent an offer for re-signing Dragisa Drobnjak, he will sent them back his answer in upcoming week.

Marijonas Petravicius (207-PF/C-79) has satisfied the Union Olimpija staff on his try-out so they've made him an offer, but according to my sources his agent wants more what Union Olimpija is prepared to pay for him.

The situation with Saso Ozbolt is getting more and more complicated. Ozbolt wants 50% pay rise (he is currently paid around 125.000€ a year, he wants 250.000€), but Union Olimpija doesn't have that kind of money, all what they can afford to pay him is 10% more. They've made him an ultimatum, that he must answer them untill Tuesday if he will stay in Union Olimpija so they can start searching for player on his position.

According to Israeli sources Union Olimpija is also interested in Raviv Limonad (192-PG/SG-84).

Comment

Damn I hope Ozbolt will stay. But I don't think it's fair that Ozbolt wants so much salary raise after Olimpija was paying him whole last season allthough he was injured on NT preparations.

I hope lineup could be sth like that:

PG- Rannikko, Limonad
                              SG- Ozbolt,Lorbek, Cebular
                              SF- Milic, Markoishvili
                              PF- Zupan, Jurkovic, (Jurak)
                              C- Jurak,Petravicius, Rizvic

What do you think it's gonna happen if Ozbolt decide not to sign new contract? Do you think Olimpija will try to sell him at once and earn some € to buy new SG or will keep him this year, but he could go freely next summer.
                              "Rudy Gay is a pretty good young player and yet he might be the only BB player that people feel very uncomfortable wearing his jersey."

Comment

I still have my objections about Milic being listed as a Small Forward, I think that - even with Ozbolt on the roster - you need one more SF, with a good shooting ability...
                                Why you should going out to get a hamburger, if you can get steak at home?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information