This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pija_Olimp
    Who said he doesn't? But of course he does.
    This boy is smart, he knows he must feed all kind of jounalists and fans with what they want to hear.
    I totally agree. I'm sure Halperin would like to play for Maccabi allready next year. But he knows he couldn't say so in front of slovenian media and Olimpija's fans, when he still has Olimpija's shirt on.
    "Rudy Gay is a pretty good young player and yet he might be the only BB player that people feel very uncomfortable wearing his jersey."

Comment

PG: Ranniko,... , Hohler
      SG: Ožbolt, Lorbek, Čebular
      SF: Markoishvili, ... Milič?
      PF: Jurkovič, Drobnjak
      C: Rizvič,..., Pietras

so far I am more than satisfied the way this team looks like. Hopefully players will be lucky with their health, otherwise with a decent PG and Anagonye type player under the rim this team would have all things most Olimpija's fans want: youth, chance for upseting any team in EL and players that they got used to in previous seasons (Milič, Jurkovič, Ožbolt).

Hohler and Pietras aren't likely to be in the first team or get any significant minutes, but I prefer them to be on bench to Ljubotina or Bozovič type player...

I don't know if I am asking too much, but Slokar maybee?
      Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
      That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by Matiz
        PG: Ranniko,... , Hohler
        SG: Ožbolt, Lorbek, Čebular
        SF: Markoishvili, ... Milič?
        PF: Jurkovič, Drobnjak
        C: Rizvič,..., Pietras
        This frontcourt is awfully weak IMO. Rizvic should be loaned to Helios for one season. Olimpija still needs starter on PF and C.

I like this backourt very much. And if Halperin stays (which is unlikely) they don't have to look for another PG and the PG, SG and SF positions are set (except maybe some young backup SF still needed). So they should throw all money left for a starter PF and C.
        "Rudy Gay is a pretty good young player and yet he might be the only BB player that people feel very uncomfortable wearing his jersey."

Comment

All the romours and all the things said were right. Marko Milič today signed two years contract with Union Olimpija.

Marko Milič said: "I believe Olimpija will have a strong team this year. They convinced me with the programme. Olimpija is again aiming towards the top. They want to achive something in Euroleague. I hope strong basis will be build, because along strong Olimpija I woundn't have any eager to change clubs."

The club also decided to cancel the running contracts with Zmago Sagadin and Sašo Filipovski. The new headcoach of the team will be known untill the end of this week. The official candidats for coaching spot are: Sašo Filipovski, Zmago Sagadin, Aleš Pipan, Zoran Martič and Tomo Mahorič. The club's new president Dag Kralj (which was elected week ago) said that club also needs a Sports director. The main goals for next season are:

- TOP16 of Euroleague
          - Semifinals of GYL
          - Both home titles (cup & championship)

The club budget for first team won't be much bigger then year before, it will be around 1.5mio€ for the first team players (whole budget around 3mio€).
          Last edited by elaj; 06-14-2006, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Milič is back after 7 years...
            I guess he was always the "most wanted" player on Olimpija's fans wishlists, but afterall eventhough he never developed the way people thought he would, he became a club's legend at the age of 19 already.
            with his arrival, my wishlist is empty, I'll be satisfied with every player they bring from now on except Vasco Evtimov... and Jimmy Oliver...

...man... I can't even believe that Olimpija is actually signing aknowledged players (even if under their price )once for a change, ussually I always had a headache before the first game in the season, worrying the collapse that might follow (came true this season afterall) and now there are Jurkovič and Milič both signed in one season...

With Manu, Milič and Ožbolt (healthy) I think we can be pretty sure that backcourt defense is going to rock this season...
            That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Milič is back after 7 years...
              6 I believe.

There are still two players on my wishlist for the next season. But at least one depends on the coach selected.

Comment

6 I believe.

There are still two players on my wishlist for the next season. But at least one depends on the coach selected.
                hmmm...

Pipan- Zupan/Dragič... maybee?
                As far as I know Dragič is between Tau and Real right now, with no intention of anything else, while Zupan's path to Olimpija will imho be the logical next step when his contract with Slovan finishes- we can be pretty sure he won't run away abroad...

Never thought about it before but Olimpija might actually be thinking in this way signing Pipan to get Zupan/Dragič, while I hate the fact Pipan is even mentioned as the potential coach.

...afterall Spanish media in general act as this is already done thing and Dragič is already member of Tau. I'd be glad to get Zupan but not for the price of Pipan coming along...
                Last edited by Joško Poljak Fan; 06-14-2006, 08:04 AM.

Comment

I think there will be Filipovski-coach/Sagadin-GM combo next year. I doubt Mahoric will be back, Pipan still has a contract with Slovan (I hope he stays there and continues developing young players) and Martic is a joke (for now).

Comment

hmmm...

Pipan- Zupan/Dragič... maybee?
                    Never thought about it before but Olimpija might actually be thinking in this way signing Pipan to get Zupan/Dragič, while I hate the fact Pipan is even mentioned as the potential coach.
                    Good thinking. Yes, I mean Miha. Dragić has already started to fly high.
                    But I don't get you: why should Pipan be a factor here?
                    Btw, I don't won't to wait till Zupan's contract is finished. He'd be old and fixed by then. He should come now!

Comment

Good thinking. Yes, I mean Miha. Dragić has already started to fly high.
                      But I don't get you: why should Pipan be a factor here?
                      ...I was thinking you were thinking (complicated already )about Pipan/Rajgelj combo that got some attention in the media lately, presuming Rajgelj would demand position of sports director in UO in order to bring Dragič&Zupan with him... pure guessing, but afterall Rajgelj is supposed to be ambitious, I think Olimpija's management would die to get Dragič and the function of sports director is suddenly mentioned although it was said before Olimpija doesn't need one... and Pipan included as a part of the deal, as a substitute for Sagadin as talent developer.
                      I guess it's just a missunderstanding...

As a fan I'd also like to have Zupan in Olimpija as soon as possible, but i guess the buyout (eventhough it wasn't said to be that big) scares UO management away, since because of his hearing troubles he might have troubles adopting to the new enviroment, and he might not pay off to the club at all having troubles on the next (euroleague) level. Probably management is afraid to invest too much money in him right now... that's why I think he is not in the club already, but as soon he'll get off the contract (2 more years I'm afraid?) he should get signed by Olimpija...

This debate about coaches is worrying.
                      -I think Sagadin HAS been run over by time
                      -I am not sure about Filipovski given a second chance (resentment for not playing with youngsters is still too big)
                      -Martič, no thanx, some more experience could do him good, and apart for juniorcathegories he hasn't really showed much as a coach
                      -Pipan... memories when he should get to top16 with the team Krka had back than are too alive...
                      -Zdovc... assistant maybee
                      -Mahorič, as a lot of people said before, he is always suspiciously fired eventhough he strongly overachieves... something must be wrong

afterall Sagadin/Filipovski combo seems the most certain thing to me, their potential resentment was imo too big of a risk to fire them as the management did...

Comment

I am worrieda about this "tender" they made...if Sagadin and Filipovski are their choice...than it is stupid to disturb them with such behaviour and worsen relationship with them...Pipan can be a choice only if they give Rajgelj a job of sports manager (or it is GM in english?)...Martic - no comment...so Mahoric might be a main candidate.

But you never know what was really the purpose of making a tender...maybe management just wanted to make peace with sponors as unofficially it was quite a lot of rebbelion towards Sagadin as coach (due to the past).

Announcing they will open a job for GM is also strange as (accordingly to DELO) previously they stated Olimpija doesn't need one.

Probably there is some lobbying going on in the background...I know Rajgelj and Sagadin have some support between sponsors...maybe they could not come to an agreement and decided to make a tender to have more information about programs both sides would implement if being chosen...this is purely speculation...but it wouldn't surprise me if it is a battle between Rajgelj and Sagadin backed by different sponsors...first would bring Pipan as coach and second would bring Filipovski as coach...Rajglej is trying for ages to infiltrate in Olimpija...he was a part of it in the past, but not in such important role.

Or if Mahoric somehow took a bypass and agreed with management and this tender is only a cover...it was strange he wasn't available for the press yesterday...same happened when Fric was in talks with him to take over after Pino was sacked...Mahoric is such a politician.

Comment

According to some media, Aleš Pipan (Slovan) has the best chance to take over the Olimpija's banch.

Sašo Ožbolt (one year contract), Manuchar Markoishvili (two years contract), Ivica Jurkovič (two years contract) are definitively staying with Olimpija also for next season. Teemu Rannikko has the clause in his contract that he must decide untill 15.7.2006, whether he will stay in Union Olimpija also for next season or he will left the team. He said he wants to stay, but we will see what kind of decision he will make when the new coach will be known. According to some romours Hasan Rizvič will be loaned, but I doubt about that.

Comment

Rizvič only has 2 more years remaining, if he'd get loaned that would mostlikely mean Olimpija can say farewell to any mentionable buyout, they paid 175.000 € for him so I wouldn't believe that as well...

Prostimet.com says if Pipan and Rajgelj come to Olimpija they will mostlikely bring Dragič and Zupan with them... I could live with that... this rumour is suddenly getting too often, might be just reporters not having enough info's for writing their articles so they make up things...

edit: just saw it on siol.net, Mahorič is the head coach...

Comment

I must say I am very disapointed in Olimpija selecting Mahoric...why?...out of all candidates only he can not convience me that he is capable of long-term planing and team building...would like to see the reaction of Ozbolt, D.Lorbek, Rannikko,etc when they get the news...yes, they are profesionals...but still every one has an opinion of his future boss.

Really deeply disapointed...he is coach for the public, not for the club future.

Might happen I won't be attending EL games after many seasons of supporting Olimpija...I will be in front of TV cursing every decision he makes ...maybe I will attend...just don't know...I am very confused right now.

Comment

I know that a lot of people is questioning his ability to lead the team which he'd build by himself as well as his history of Olimpija and Rytas suspiciously fireing him after overachieving seasons... he is supposed to be a whiner without authority among his players- but result were good... i'm waiting for the assistant- I'd wish Filipovski, since Sagadin won't go that low...

I can't say I'm overwhelmed with joy, but imo if anyone, Mahorič is definately tghe one that deserves a shot with his experience as the assistant of Olimpija for many years and his great performances with Krško, Slask (considering the circumstances) and Rytas... actually he hasn't failed yet, so let's give him a shot, maybee he can surprise/stay on the same level

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information