Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Serbia can dominate European basketball once again ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by penzias View Post
    reaching the QF is going to be really hard and getting a medal for Serbia almost impossible.
    Thats what they said about this EC also. Never underestimate Serbia when it comes to basketball. Duda will (probably) make a great team for WC,and with some star players we can be even more competitive than Spain.
    Originally posted by Stardusted
    It was not a ref mistake, it was a ref decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Genjuro View Post
      They do have a superstar prospect IMO: Nenad Miljenovic.

However, superstar prospects don't guarantee you anything, as I exposed. And still, to have those Euro-friendly players that are the core of their NT is a huge advantage for a country like Serbia.

Anyway, I don't consider Zubcic any superstar prospect. Honestly speaking, I'm extremely skeptical about his chances of becoming a star player. I like better Mario Delas or Toni Prostran. They don't have nearly as much potential but I think they have a better mental set in order to maximize it.
      And we could have one more in this generation if our federation will be able to add Dusan Bogdanovic (C 1993 Serbian born in Vukovar (Croatia) same as Macvan) who currently plays for the junior team of Real Madrid.

I also hope that Djekic will turn into a very good player under Dusko Vujosevic in Partizan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morente View Post
        Spain has been able to develop an incredible team in a country where basketball is unfortunately too much behind football, and you see the top teams with problems to fill the courts even we have one of the best basketball leagues in Europe.
        If Spanish teams have problems filling their courts, just imagine everybody else. The ACB attendance average almost doubles the next national league (Italian Lega) and it's better than the Euroleague's.

Comment

• Originally posted by mark123 View Post
          Yugoslavia,SCG has more gold medals than Spain has finals SSSR also.
          Dude you´re obsessed with Spain. Tell me what your country got in ANY sport in the last 15 years and then compare it with Spain.

Why that obsession with Spain? did a spaniard steal your girlfriend or something? first discrediting Gasol with that stupid comment from Reggie Evans that you posted in every single thread, then the Spanish basketball team and now spanish sport
          there are much greater teams than Spanish when it comes to basketball (or any sport for that matter) throughout the European history.

Comment

• Remember the luck Spain had in the last WC. Easily could have ended up 4th. Maybe this time they wont be so lucky. Cheers for the effort they put up in the Olympic finals against the Dream Redeem Team. But 10 out of 10 they wouldnt win one game against DT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wu-Tang View Post
              Firstly, to answer the thread question: Maybe. Plenty of variables need to quadrate for such an outcome to become reality, but i wouldn't dare writing the option off.

Secondly, I had been most pleased were your assumptions eventually to come true, but if you don't mind, due to which factors do you base such an optimistic statement? I believe it is even questionable whether Milicic will average more than 20mpg in NYK.
              Milicic already shown that he can be very dominant in international competition(Japan 06). If Ivkovic can bring him to the earth he can be very valuable to us especially on defensive end.As for Milicic status in NY I think it can't be worse than one in Memphis. And remember Donnie Walsh also brought Jermain Oneal from Portland to Indiana and he became All Star player. I don't expect Darko to be the all star player but I think he's going to have solid season under D'Antoni, they saw something in him.
              UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Useless View Post
                Dude you´re obsessed with Spain. Tell me what your country got in ANY sport in the last 15 years and then compare it with Spain.
                Well we got world title at waterpolo by defeating Spain in the finals Europen silver medal at waterpolo,european gold medal at waterpolo,World league title at waterpolo,Olympic bronze medal at waterpolo (congrats US u were unbelieveble in the semis)... What did Spain get in the waterpolo ??? Silver medal at volleyball World league against Brazil. What did Spain do at volleyball EC ? And so on and so on...

Comment

• Originally posted by penzias View Post
                  Borderline superstar.
                  Let's face it, there are not superstars in Euroleague anymore, as soon as one player show some flashes of greatness he jumps to the other side of the Atlantic.

Haven't seen Miljenovic yet, i'll give him a chance.
                  Let's be honest only true Spanish superstar is Pau Gasol.I mean he's a mega superstar.Without him there would be no Spanish dominationThat was proven in the early stage of Eurobasket in Poland.

Comment

• Besides it was Spain that had always cried about results over the years. Oh yugoslavia won World,European,olympic title again,thats not fair
                    Your players flop at every sport its amazing.They should all get the Oscars.
                    Basketball,football,volleyball,waterpollo,handball ... Oh he looked at me funny,referee take him out. Ridiculous !
                    Besides i cheered for u against Argentina in the WC just because u r from Europe. It could have gone either way !

Comment

Remember the luck Spain had in the last WC.
                      That was not luck. Spain was a worthy champion. the spaniards won every game they played in that championship. The semifinal was a hard game, but Spain played good defense and defeated argentina who was the olympic champion.

Spains title in Japan was fully deserved because spain did not lose a game. In Indianapolis Yugoslavia was not as dominant as Spain was in Japan 2006. And in Indianapolis´s final Argentina was robbed. Facts.

Comment

Well we got world title at waterpolo by defeating Spain in the finals Europen silver medal at waterpolo,european gold medal at waterpolo,World league title at waterpolo,Olympic bronze medal at waterpolo (congrats US u were unbelieveble in the semis)... What did Spain get in the waterpolo ??? Silver medal at volleyball World league against Brazil. What did Spain do at volleyball EC ? And so on and so on...
                        Waterpolo xDD?
                        Just in world championship, two golds, three silvers
                        Olympic games, a silver and a gold

In volleyball they were european champions in 2007

Please stop embarassing yourself, you just CANT compare serbian sport with spanish sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by Genjuro View Post
                          If Spanish teams have problems filling their courts, just imagine everybody else. The ACB attendance average almost doubles the next national league (Italian Lega) and it's better than the Euroleague's.
                          KK Partizan doesnt have problem filling up our court.We hold the Euroleague record for attendance at one Euroleague game.

Comment

Why that obsession with Spain? did a spaniard steal your girlfriend or something? first discrediting Gasol with that stupid comment from Reggie Evans that you posted in every single thread, then the Spanish basketball team and now spanish sport
                            I want to say something to Mark123, you are spamming here on this forum since you joined it. Don't underestimate others, because others have feelings and knowledge, so you making a mess out of this thread.

And for you Useless, you my friend are not even aware of your ignorance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Point_Guard View Post
                              That was not luck. Spain was a worthy champion. the spaniards won every game they played in that championship. The semifinal was a hard game, but Spain played good defense and defeated argentina who was the olympic champion.

Spains title in Japan was fully deserved because spain did not lose a game. In Indianapolis Yugoslavia was not as dominant as Spain was in Japan 2006. And in Indianapolis´s final Argentina was robbed. Facts.
                              It was little bit of luck because Greeks knocked off USA.But well deserved.

Comment

Waterpolo xDD?
                                Just in world championship, two golds, three silvers
                                Olympic games, a silver and a gold

In volleyball they were european champions in 2007

Please stop embarassing yourself, you just CANT compare serbian sport with spanish sport.
                                Take a look at all those shiny medals:

Dont make me laugh please ! U r hillarious !

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information