Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBA Trades, Releases, Sign-ups, Rumours (vol. II)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dreamwalker View Post
    News Article about Brgy. Ginebra Kings former import (?) August 21, 2010 Denham Brown, the Toronto native scored a game high 22 points as Canada's SMNT beats Serbia 62-58 on day two of the Acropolis Eurobank tournament in Greece.

Is he the only Canadian who ever played in the PBA..?
    7'0 Jim Zoet

Stewart Granger
    LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
    Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
    THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by b3lowzro View Post
      there was this guy named Masaia or Masaya (can't remember) who played briefly for San Miguel and for the Seaba champs Harbour Center, he said he was former Canadian NT member but i doubt it 'cause there was a game he was held scoreless and average less than 4 points.
      Vidal Massiah.
      Keep running, big boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by kerouac82 View Post
        Vidal Massiah.
        He's Canadian-Guyanese who is a former captain ball of the Canadian Men's National team.

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
        THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

• Air21 will trade one of their 1st round picks since the maximum a team can pick in the 1st round is only 3.

Comment

• OT: sir Nardy, was this like your 6th avatar change for the week.not that I'm complaining though . but I admit the Ehra one was my favorite

Comment

• not really hoops related, but nevertheless, jimmy alapag and lj moreno's laguna beach wedding

from the photographer's photoblog site

Comment

• Alaska Aces, fresh from winning the 2010 Fiesta Conference, has agreed in principle to give swingman Cyrus Baguio a three-year contract-extension deal worth P12.6 million -- the maximum amount allowed under league rules.

Over at B-MEG Derby Ace, Paul Artadi and Jonathan Fernandez were signed to new two-year pacts.

source: http://teampilipinas.info/2010/08/me...r-passion.html
                #parasabayan
                #GoGilas

Comment

• Hoop official’s dark plans
                  First Posted 11:29:00 28/08/2010

TWO DAYS after the coach of a popular PBA team called to make an inquiry, I was still trying to figure out what prompted him to make the call.

I seldom communicate with this coach and the call was wholly unexpected. He wanted to confirm reports that an unpopular basketball leader had been relieved of his important job.

“I figure you’re the best person to ask since you’re updated on these matters,” he said.

The coach also wanted to confirm if the man was sacked because of his failure to liquidate a staggering amount of P25 million to which he had access.

“I understand that this is the primary reason he was sacked. His inability to get along with people he is working with and others whom he is dealing with, was only secondary.”

Will he face criminal charges? Will his superiors get him jailed if he is unable to account for the amount he has gotten his hands on? The coach wanted to know.

I told the coach I was in no position to confirm if the basketball head is indeed jobless at the moment, although the buzz is all over town. I said I was inclined to believe that he is, since he was reported to have recently visited the office of a powerful top executive of a business conglomerate who has stakes in the PBA.

The controversial sports leader, who has always claimed to be a close friend and associate of that executive, almost always got what he wanted from the executive.

If ever he gets through to the powerful business executive, the speculation is that he would ask for either one of two positions currently being occupied by competent, loyal, career men, who have worked for the conglomerate for decades.

That’s what the basketball head told the staff of the executive.
                  He said it would be easy to convince the top executive that he is a worthier choice for the position of any of the two men he wants to replace.

Unfortunately for the (former?) basketball head, he failed to get an audience with the top executive when he visited. But through his secretary, he has set another meeting soon and this has caused much agitation among those who fear that he may be joining their ranks. Even people in the PBA office who heard of the visit share the same apprehension.

Everyone is hoping and praying he does not get the appointment with the top brass he is seeking.

Although nobody wants to deal, much less work, with him, the man is still in good standing with the top executive, who seems to have a soft spot for him.

“So who’s interested to know the status of this man?” It was my turn to question the coach.

“Is there anybody eyeing the position he vacated or will be vacating?”

“Not really. I just needed to determine if this man was telling the truth. He is spreading word that he will be in charge of the company’s basketball operations. If he’s telling the truth, the man currently holding that position is bound to lose his job. Nobody wants this so called cage leader to be in the company,” said the coach.

The man’s dark plans have reached the ears of the company’s basketball officials whose jobs he covets.

“I don’t think what he’s spreading is true. That’s just his strategy, pinagkakalat niya na in na siya,” said the official.

“Now if he truly believes that he’s in, maybe it’s time for him to see a psychiatrist. He’s nuts!”

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                  THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

• chismax galore!

Comment

• Saw on forum but yung nag post personally kilala ni Jonas.

Jonas will be traded in exchange for Paul Artadi.. That's their plan.. They just need a conduit team..
                      Crouching Tiger-1 Beastly-0

My Dream Gilas

PG- Nate Robinson 5''8(Grand parent is a Filipino)
                      SG- Chris Lutz 6''4
                      SF- Arwind Santos 6''6
                      PF- Japeth Aguilar 6''10
                      C- Javale McGee 7''1

Comment

• Originally posted by beastly View Post
                        saw on forum but yung nag post personally kilala ni jonas.

Jonas will be traded in exchange for paul artadi.. That's their plan.. they just need a conduit team..
                        paging air 21! Paging air 21! :d

Comment

• so is this Eala ? i can't think of any other official

Originally posted by nardy View Post

Hoop official’s dark plans

TWO DAYS after the coach of a popular PBA team called to make an inquiry, I was still trying to figure out what prompted him to make the call.

I seldom communicate with this coach and the call was wholly unexpected. He wanted to confirm reports that an unpopular basketball leader had been relieved of his important job.

“I figure you’re the best person to ask since you’re updated on these matters,” he said.

The coach also wanted to confirm if the man was sacked because of his failure to liquidate a staggering amount of P25 million to which he had access.

“I understand that this is the primary reason he was sacked. His inability to get along with people he is working with and others whom he is dealing with, was only secondary.”

Will he face criminal charges? Will his superiors get him jailed if he is unable to account for the amount he has gotten his hands on? The coach wanted to know.

I told the coach I was in no position to confirm if the basketball head is indeed jobless at the moment, although the buzz is all over town. I said I was inclined to believe that he is, since he was reported to have recently visited the office of a powerful top executive of a business conglomerate who has stakes in the PBA.

The controversial sports leader, who has always claimed to be a close friend and associate of that executive, almost always got what he wanted from the executive.

If ever he gets through to the powerful business executive, the speculation is that he would ask for either one of two positions currently being occupied by competent, loyal, career men, who have worked for the conglomerate for decades.

That’s what the basketball head told the staff of the executive.
                          He said it would be easy to convince the top executive that he is a worthier choice for the position of any of the two men he wants to replace.

Unfortunately for the (former?) basketball head, he failed to get an audience with the top executive when he visited. But through his secretary, he has set another meeting soon and this has caused much agitation among those who fear that he may be joining their ranks. Even people in the PBA office who heard of the visit share the same apprehension.

Everyone is hoping and praying he does not get the appointment with the top brass he is seeking.

Although nobody wants to deal, much less work, with him, the man is still in good standing with the top executive, who seems to have a soft spot for him.

“So who’s interested to know the status of this man?” It was my turn to question the coach.

“Is there anybody eyeing the position he vacated or will be vacating?”

“Not really. I just needed to determine if this man was telling the truth. He is spreading word that he will be in charge of the company’s basketball operations. If he’s telling the truth, the man currently holding that position is bound to lose his job. Nobody wants this so called cage leader to be in the company,” said the coach.

The man’s dark plans have reached the ears of the company’s basketball officials whose jobs he covets.

“I don’t think what he’s spreading is true. That’s just his strategy, pinagkakalat niya na in na siya,” said the official.

“Now if he truly believes that he’s in, maybe it’s time for him to see a psychiatrist. He’s nuts!”
                          =========================================
                          Anyone who wants to replace a coach because his dwarf team keeps losing against bigger teams is wishing for a miracle and should get a magician. A more practical solution is to get reinforcements unless one is content to wait a few more years in the hope that the dwarf players will grow wings and fly over their defenders. PBA reinforcements will not guarantee a championship, but it will guarantee close losses which is enough to make me happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by nardy View Post

Hoop official’s dark plans
                            isa ba siya sa tatlong itlog? hmmm

Okay i'll stop speculating.

Comment

• would the company game ko... ito ito ang game

trans: the once theme song of the conglomerate
                              To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                              1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• PBA DRAFT NOTES AND CLUES
                                by Snow Badua on Sunday, August 29, 2010 at 10:37pm

1.) A SOURCE TOLD ME THAT AIR 21 INTENTIONALLY SWITCHED THE DRAFT POSITIONS OF RABEH AND NONOY TO SHOW AL-HUSSSINI A LESSON OF HUMILITY--- AND TO THE SURPRISE OF SOME OBSERVERS… THE FORMER ATENEO CAGER WAS OVERHEARD SAYING… “IT’S NOT RIGHT, IT WAS UNFAIR!”

2.) FORMER AIR 21 GOVERNOR LITO ALVAREZ GAVE HIS SUCESSOR JOHAN RAMOS SOME HANDS ON TRAINING--- AS THE AFFABLE CUSTOMS CHIEF TAUGHT HIM THE “TRICKS OF THE TRADE”--- NOTE”: TWICE TRADED WITH COKE

3.) GINEBRA WILL PLAY SOME EXHIBITION GAMES IN GUAM LATER THIS WEEK--- THIS IS PART OF THEIR PREPARATIONS--- EVERY PLAYER (WITH U-S VISA) WILL JOIN THE TRIP--- EXCEPT MENK AND HATFILED WHO ARE BOTH IN THE U-S.

4.) GINEBRA WILL RETURN TO TRAINING TOMORROW AT 9 AM--- TAKE NOTE: MAJORITY OF THE PLAYERS ARE STILL WITHOUT A CONTRACT.

5.) DERBY ACE LLAMADOS HAS ALREADY SIGNED 4 OF THEIR 7 PLAYERS WITH EXPIRED CONTRACTS… ROGER YAP, PAUL ARTADI, JONATHAN FERNANDEZ AND RAFI REAVIES.

6.) 2 GUARDS WHO WERE DRAFTED WILL EVENTUALLY BE TRADED TO A TEAM MENTORED BY THEIR FORMER COACH.

7.) THE MASS MOVEMENT OF PLAYERS INVOLVING NOT LESS THAN 6 AND INCLUDES ATLEAST 3 TEAMS SHOULD BE EXPECTED IN THE FEW DAYS.

8.) 2 PLAYERS KNOWN FOR THEIR INTENSE ON AND OFF COURT PARTNERSHIP MIGHT JUST PART WAYS BEFORE THE NEXT SEASON BEGINS. IT WILL SHOCK MOST OF THEIR FANS AS THE TWO HAS TURNED FROM BEST OF FRIENDS TO WORST FIENDS.

9.) THE CONFLICT OF THESE PLAYERS WHICH WILL LEAD TO A SURPRISE TRADE, MEANTIME, WILL REVOKE THE TRADE OF THEIR TEAM’S ANOTHER MARQUEE PLAYER. NOTE: THIS CAGER HAS LONG BEEN PART OF TRADE RUMORS.

10.) MERALCO COACH RYAN GREGORIO IS NOT YET HAPPY WITH HIS LINE-UP... HE WANTS IMPROVE HIS LINE-UP MORE.

11.) WHILE I AM WRITING THIS--- SEAN TNHONY AND RENREN RITUALO HAVE BEEN INFORMED TO PRACTICE WITH THE POWERADE TIGERS STARTING AUGUST 30, 2010

12.) ADD'L INFO TO NUMBER 8: THIS TRADE IS STILL A POSSIBILITY THOUGH... BUT ONE OF THE PROTAGONISTS IS ALREADY INSISTING THAT EIGHTER ONE OF THEM SHOULD BE SHIPPED TO ANOTHER TEAM.

13.)I TALKED TO LARRY FONACIER MOMENTS AFTER HE WAS TRADED AND HE WAS SO SHOCKED THAT HE PROMISED TO BRING HIS CHAMPIONSHIP LUCK TO TALK N TEXT.

14.) SCHEDULE OF RESUMPTION OF TEAM PRACTICES... (FOR SECURITY PURPOSES, I AM NOT YET GIVING YOU THE TIME SCHEDULE)

A.) BMEG DERBY ACE - WILL BEGIN SEPT. 1 RONAX GYM ORTIGAS

B.) RAIN OR SHINE - AUGUST 30 NEGA NORTH GREENHILLS

C.) BARAKO ENERGY - AUGUST 31 SAN JUAN ARENA

D.) MERALCO - AUGUST 31 YNARES PASIG

E.) ALASKA - SEPTEMBER 20 REYES GYM

F.) SAN MIGUEL BEERMEN - SEPTEMBER 15 ACROPOLIS

G.) GINEBRA - AUGUST 30 GREEN MEADOWS

H.) AIR 21- AUGUST 31 REYES GYM

I.) TALK N TEXT - SEPTEMBER 6 MORO LORENZO GYM

J.) POWERADE -(ALREADY STARTED LAST THURSDAY) MORO LORENZO GYM
                                ""failure is not the end but just the beginning of a victorious journey..just keep on dreaming and we will be back on the olympics''''

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information