The Junmar Fajardo Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by trig View Post
    Diaw was to fat and too experience. Junemar shouldve tried posting up lauvergne instead
    if only he tried too..
    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
      hindi nga gumalaw si diaw from that bangga from Fajardo.

Trans: Diaw's stone wall defense on post is too experience for his part. He face a lot in NBA and in FIBA competition.
      You're wrong. Gumalaw si Fajardo during his post up, papunta nga lang sa three-point area.

(Same realization we had when Barea were toying with our players last Worlds, iba talaga kapag NBA player kahit role player pa sila dun )
      If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Junmar is superb in PBA because he use his advantages a lot (strength & height) but in international level, this advantages is useless, his lack of quickness specially around the basket on both end of the floor make him minimal contributor

Comment

• his presence and reliving of Blatche alone was big for us but come on Junmar...he almost never looked at the basket and when he did receive the ball its like its either his hands was filled with margarine or he is trying desperately to get rid of the ball after catching it.
          Idol ko na po ulit si Marcio Lassiter

Comment

• Originally posted by trig View Post
            I think he has the footwork. He just lack experience and confidence at this level. He should've been given a chance to post up during tune ups.

Before that post up vs Diaw, Tab was talking to JF giving specific instructions. My guess is he was asked to attack diaw and try and draw a foul. If you notice, that was the only play where he did't consider passing the ball
            By footwork I mean can he move like a Blake Griffin on the court? He lacks the footwork and the quickness as well at the international level. If you pit him against an old Tim Dnncan. Duncan would beat him down the court all the time. I noticed that he does not run back on defense after watching their best of 5 series against Ginebra.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marlon View Post
              Junmar is superb in PBA because he use his advantages a lot (strength & height) but in international level, this advantages is useless, his lack of quickness specially around the basket on both end of the floor make him minimal contributor

That's what I'm saying correct ka dyan sir.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marlon View Post
                Junmar is superb in PBA because he use his advantages a lot (strength & height) but in international level, this advantages is useless, his lack of quickness specially around the basket on both end of the floor make him minimal contributor
                But for a poster here, Junmar is already a "quality international big man"

Define "quality international big man"?
                "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Junmar actually was a presence offensively vs NZ ( which has an undersize front court - fotu and Vukona)- I don't see any other local in the Phil that could provide that same inside offensive presence but Junmar. , the problem is you can't play Junmar and Blatche together for long stretches together because both are not good and mobile enough defenders. I think if Gilas had a mobile defensive oriented import big, we could use Junmar more. and honestly that would be a presence opposing Int'l teams would have to deal with. Having said that I really don't see Junmar playing more than 30 minutes internationally. (he's more like a 20-25 min guy) , if he plays more than that teams will really take advantage of his weaknesses (speed and activity )
                  NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                  https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• @analyzed

Yes, you're correct, Junmar scored well in that game. But not without some trade-off. Junmar wasn't mobile enough to defend Kiwi center Fotu in the perimeter.
                    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Hoping that there will be opportunities for JunMar. He's running out of competition in the PBA.

Comment

• Junemar is used in playing with smaller than him defender.so when it comes on taller than him ,he seems having a hard time the problem can be solve by:
                        1.He must play outside our country more to get used playing with taller players (specially in US).
                        2.He must develop his physical strength through eating protein rich food,like nuts and broccoli.
                        Do you want to save big bucks for a T-shirt👕?Hurry up for our Online Store Promo,Our Volt Design T-shirt has Some Old Stocks T-shirts that are selling for 49 Pesos plus 79 pesos Shipping fee nationwide.🛵COD within Metro Manila is available,Pay 79 pesos shipping fee first on Provincial COD.Order Now!!🥰
                        Buy here👉https://www.pinoyhoopz.com/promo.html

Comment

• I think with the availability of Blatche, we will now see more playing time for this 3 time MVP

Comment

• There will never be another Junemar Fajardo.

Comment

• there will be another player who will play like him in the near future.

Comment

• Originally posted by all_about View Post
                                There will never be another Junemar Fajardo.
                                sana sabay magpakasal sila japhet, greg, at junemar sa kanilang mga gf very soon para ensured ang future ng gilas big men dahil sa continuous supply at sabay din boys ang kanilang mga first borns he he

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information