The Junmar Fajardo Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Allanhboy View Post
    Junmar is not flat footed at all. Even in the early going of the ABL season, I was so surprised to see Junmar with quick footwork inside the paint. He can run, and for a big man I do believe he is as fast as Asi on fastbreak. We all know how Asi can handle the ball with speed down an open court. No, Junmar won't give you the ball handling abilities of Asi but he does have the speed to run down the court and shows better footwork offensively inside the paint than any of our PBA centers these days, including Thoss. Watching him at the beginning of the ABL season up to the finals, I really saw a big improvement on Junmar.

Bobby Parks (his coach) even boasted that Junmar is indeed special as he has not seen such a big Filipino player before who is so agile and strong.
    Junmar can run the break, and does not lumber at all when walking up and down the court, and can even trail a fastbreak. However he might have a problem against good face-up players like say, Marcus Douthit. But if you give him a good entry pass or good post position he will know what to do.
    “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
    -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

• i have seen JF and GS played when they were still in Cebu and they're really agile for a big man like we never seen before. even if talent wise they are still way below from what they are right now, the two would still dominate their respective games. They only clear competition they would have is by playing against each other. They would score double-doubles against each other and that definitely mean they are special and have lots of potential. its a matter of time and training when we see the two would be playing against each other again in the PBA and with each other in the national team

Comment

• Originally posted by mangangalakal View Post
        Junmar can run the break, and does not lumber at all when walking up and down the court, and can even trail a fastbreak. However he might have a problem against good face-up players like say, Marcus Douthit. But if you give him a good entry pass or good post position he will know what to do.
        Junmar has good hands. He does not fumble like our traditional big guys. He knows what to do with the ball and has good instincts to manuever in traffic.

Comment

• all I can say is this boy can play.
          LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
          Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
          THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

• Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Petron vs Ginebra tune-up(4thQ clips) JF at 2:46 mark

Comment

• ^^
              nice move by JF can't wait to see him play in the upcoming PBA seasons

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                Filpballa, how's his lateral quickness or foot work on defense ? man to man. based on his exposure CESAFI he hasn't really had much opportunity to guard guys his own size or quickness man to man. So i'm not expecting him to have this in his game now, but I'm more intereted in his potential if he is naturally not flat footed.
                Allan was correct, He's not the fastest but he reads situations well and he's pretty agile. What I like about Junemar is his awereness that he's big and that he needs to take advantage of it. You've got a guy like Japeth who at 6'9 is working on his perimeter skills and shooting because he want's to play in the NBA. Meaning, he's working on playing the "small forward" position which he's too big for in the Asian level (perfect in Europe and US) hence he struggled in the PBA due to the relatively smaller players in all positions that hindered hsi overall development.

Then you got Junemar who know's he's big and embraced being a true center and worked accordingly to be perhaps the best big man of his generation by working on big man fundamentals . He might be 6'10 but he really plays bigger than his size which is rare for a Filipino bigman. Going back to your question, he's a good positional defender and weakside shot blocker.
                http://theprodigy7.wordpress.com

Comment

• flipballa, actually the measurements of Junmar is comparable to Enes Kanter who btw is a top5 pick in the NBA. Hope he improves a lot, and be a successful big man not only in the PBA, but also in Asian basketball.
                  #parasabayan
                  #GoGilas

Comment

• Originally posted by ricodgame View Post
                    flipballa, actually the measurements of Junmar is comparable to Enes Kanter who btw is a top5 pick in the NBA. Hope he improves a lot, and be a successful big man not only in the PBA, but also in Asian basketball.
                    aside from the similarity of physique, junmar and kanter also has the similarity in their style of game as they seems to be flat footed but they actually have the speed and perimeter game to compliment their inside presence.

JUnmar can also hit those three pointers.
                    We can have no progress without change, whether it be basketball or anything else

Comment

• Originally posted by flipballa7 View Post
                      Allan was correct, He's not the fastest but he reads situations well and he's pretty agile. What I like about Junemar is his awereness that he's big and that he needs to take advantage of it. You've got a guy like Japeth who at 6'9 is working on his perimeter skills and shooting because he want's to play in the NBA. Meaning, he's working on playing the "small forward" position which he's too big for in the Asian level (perfect in Europe and US) hence he struggled in the PBA due to the relatively smaller players in all positions that hindered hsi overall development.

Then you got Junemar who know's he's big and embraced being a true center and worked accordingly to be perhaps the best big man of his generation by working on big man fundamentals . He might be 6'10 but he really plays bigger than his size which is rare for a Filipino bigman. Going back to your question, he's a good positional defender and weakside shot blocker.
                      I wonder if Chot has really assesed Fajardo enough because based on his statement he doesn't believe Fajardo has the necessary quickness “Slaughter and Fajardo have size but they’re not as quick as Japeth and we need quickness at the five spot,” said Reyes
                      NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                      https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                        I wonder if Chot has really assesed Fajardo enough because based on his statement he doesn't believe Fajardo has the necessary quickness “Slaughter and Fajardo have size but they’re not as quick as Japeth and we need quickness at the five spot,” said Reyes
                        It seems that if Japeth plays for the national team..they would want him to play as a center.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonifacio View Post
                          It seems that if Japeth plays for the national team..they would want him to play as a center.
                          Not a traditional center though, i think the idea is to play interchangeble roles with Japeth and Kelly being in the court at the same time whlle Marcus sits.
                          NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                          https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by struggle4ward View Post
                            http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...type=2&theater

Petron vs Ginebra tune-up(4thQ clips) JF at 2:46 mark
                            that was usually one of patrimonio's staple moves... great to see it again, this time done by a 6'10".

Comment

• Product of Ramon Fernandez school of bigs.

Originally posted by manu_bol View Post
                              that was usually one of patrimonio's staple moves... great to see it again, this time done by a 6'10".
                              #parasabayan
                              #GoGilas

Comment

• vs air 21 express

Noli Eala ‏@NoliEala

Junmar finished with 16/12. Still learning. He's got very good mentors -- Danny I, Dorian and @AsiTaulava5.
                                cramming time again

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information