No announcement yet.

The Junmar Fajardo Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junmar Fajardo never showed much of his potential during FIBA Asia. He was having hard time adjusting to physicality, which was quite lesser degree (FIBA) compared to the PBA. But given much opportunity to play internationally the kid will soon develop and could be competitive comes 2014 FIBA World.

Comment

• Originally posted by olazabal View Post
      Junmar Fajardo never showed much of his potential during FIBA Asia. He was having hard time adjusting to physicality, which was quite lesser degree (FIBA) compared to the PBA. But given much opportunity to play internationally the kid will soon develop and could be competitive comes 2014 FIBA World.
      In short, he sucked during the recent FIBA Asia. He was the most useless player in the group and had little or no contribution at all. Still, experience playing/practicing at this level should go long ways. The good news is that he's still young and will have multiple chances to show his worth. The other good news is that even after being much-maligned, Aguilar rose to the occasion and actually dropped the tag as a mental midget in this FIBA Asia becoming a very serviceable big man. Can Fajardo do the same?

Just like when most people burned Japeth Aguilar for sucking (and most were hyping him because of his massive potential) it's time that we call out Fajardo and his performance. As a Petron fan, do understand that we experienced this with Samigue Eman; a tall guy who WAS supposed to make waves in the PBA. With a FIBA Asia title (sort of) and experience under his belt, hype of Fajardo dominating/becoming a star in the PBA is simply the right expectation.

Will the giant come up short? We'll see in the next conference or two.
      If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• He languished under Olsen Racela's system but showed improvement in the second conference where he showed he could hold his own against imports as tall as or taller than him. Someone mentioned cross training in dance or martial arts to help in his footwork, which I think is a good idea. Slaughter took up fencing as crosstraining and used to work out with the Ateneo Fencing Team.

Comment

• Have him train with the Azkals so he would learn how to play defense without using his hands. Also to pick up some flopping skills hehe

Comment

• haha, so is it official that japeth got a passing grade now in fiba competitions ?? is it fajardo's time to undergo merciless hazing ?

To Junemar !

We dont want this kind of kraken:

we want this kind of kraken released !

Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post

Just like when most people burned Japeth Aguilar for sucking (and most were hyping him because of his massive potential) it's time that we call out Fajardo and his performance. As a Petron fan, do understand that we experienced this with Samigue Eman; a tall guy who WAS supposed to make waves in the PBA. With a FIBA Asia title (sort of) and experience under his belt, hype of Fajardo dominating/becoming a star in the PBA is simply the right expectation.

Will the giant come up short? We'll see in the next conference or two.
            =========================================
            Anyone who wants to replace a coach because his dwarf team keeps losing against bigger teams is wishing for a miracle and should get a magician. A more practical solution is to get reinforcements unless one is content to wait a few more years in the hope that the dwarf players will grow wings and fly over their defenders. PBA reinforcements will not guarantee a championship, but it will guarantee close losses which is enough to make me happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by pachador View Post
              haha, so is it official that japeth got a passing grade now in fiba competitions ?? is it fajardo's time to undergo merciless hazing ?
              And i have a more personal, selfish reason: i need to Kraken to be unleashed so he can save Petron

On

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• there was one play where junemar sprint to the middle, sealed his opponent, got fouled before the entry pass.

This is what he should do everytime. This is what Shaq always preach. Run and seal. Either you get an easy basket, get fouled, suck in the D and open up the shooters. Ping always does this to open up the shooters but he won't get fouled or score this way since he's undersized.

I actually saw some good signs in the Iran game. He just need more experience and get back his confidence

Comment

• still has a lot of room for improvement. Junmar has better defense than Japeth but Japeth has better offense than Junmar.Maybe they could learn a thing or two from each other.
                  "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by trig View Post
                    there was one play where junemar sprint to the middle, sealed his opponent, got fouled before the entry pass.

This is what he should do everytime. This is what Shaq always preach. Run and seal. Either you get an easy basket, get fouled, suck in the D and open up the shooters. Ping always does this to open up the shooters but he won't get fouled or score this way since he's undersized.

I actually saw some good signs in the Iran game. He just need more experience and get back his confidence
                    And his skill set (on offense) was never a good fit with Chot's DDO. He's not as polished on the post as Marcus so it's understandable that Chot wasn't going to him exclusively. What we've seen is that he's very mobile for a big man, and very strong too. Yes, he needs more confidence and more experience. i hope Petron gives him 40 minutes a night, use him in the post consistently so that we know if he can further improve.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Junemar lacks REFINEMENT. He excels at the individual one on one game, but doesn't really have much experience or skills yet for a proper National team level team game. All he knows right now is receiving that ball in the paint with his back to the basket.

He needs to learn how to position better on defense, and on offense (while facing the basket). And he needs to develop that ability to CATCH QUICK HAND OFF PASSES and go strong to the basket. He needs to improve his outside shooting, and his passing to open spot up shooters or cutting players.

Still so much work to do, but he deserves to be in the national team for training. No choice, wala ng iba, e. He needs to develop better BASKETBALL IQ. But there is hope: If Aguilar can do it, how much more with Junemar.

Frankly, in HINDSIGHT, Belga would've likely done better than him in this tournament. Belga is strong and has bulk, and very experienced defensively. Plus he has a 3 point shot, and can pass off well to teammates.

Work in Progress muna si Fadyardo, hopefully he will deliver as expected in a couple of years time ...
                      Philippine Football News on Facebook

rhk111's Military and Arms Page

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                        yes. fajardo and slaughter will polish their post up and jump shots during the lithuania training since they will be up against those tall european players. im sure those weaknesses will be addressed there.
                        How long they will stay in lithuania to polish their low post ability? Who do we think is more comfortable playing with their back at the basket, fajardo or slaughter. According to a US college coach who is a low post training expert..coaches should identify which player is more adapt or more comfortable to low post play. He must not be the tallest player (example: alvin patrimonio known for his finesse in the pba and charles barkley known for his power in the nba). How to develop our big men low post ability? Accordingly, footwork is most important which means great mobility or what we called pivot moves. So do we think our coaches or trainers can teach our local big guys fajardo and slaughter of some fundamentals in low post to become potent centers someday.
                        “I think our point guards are small,” “Not to say that our point guards are not good, but I believe that we need bigger point guards.”
                        - SBP President Manny V. Pangilinan

Wanted: Philippine version of Jordan's talented backcourt tandem of 6'5" Sam Daghlas & 6'4" Rashem Wright

Comment

• Junmar was indeed a disappointment. Goes to show that it's not actually height per se that matters. Even Ping who had a lot of doubters before the tournament hassled bigger opponents better. His performance against Korea was his best performance

Meanwhile Junmar was the only player not in the scoresheet against Japan. Belga could have gotten the slot. Even the skinnier Japeth did a good job esp against Japan and SoKor

Comment

• If Fajardo and Slaughter develops their jumping ability, there would be less problems. I am not saying that they should jump like Kelly Williams, Marc Pingris and Japeth Aguilar. They should simply develop their body in reacting to the situation. A simple tap or tip in will be good. The kindd of jump you make while you are doing a jump rope exercise is what this 2 bigs need. From what I have been observing in Philippines bigmen, Only Ranidel DeOcampo is able to do such jump. Gabe Norwood also does this jump but he is not a bigman. Even Japeth sometimes needs bwelo most of the time. Most bigmen in the Philippines needs bwelo and have poor timing. Worst of all, looks very heavy. Where have you seen a Philippine bigman jump more than twice in succession? On their second jump it is already much slower and lower. They should develop coordination and footwork. Enough with the shaq-like movements it is immaterial to Philippine basketball. And filipino coaches are into mobile bigs. If you are slow, you affect your team and worse you rot in the bench.

Before you put on those muscles and strength stuff
                            develop your footwork, coordination, and you will be mobile and you can run.
                            You will be a tool for your team not a big arse liability and weakness at some instance for your team.
                            Darling it's better
                            Down where it's wetter
                            Take it from me.

- Sebastian, The Little Mermaid

Comment

• Originally posted by Toks View Post
                              Junmar was indeed a disappointment. Goes to show that it's not actually height per se that matters. Even Ping who had a lot of doubters before the tournament hassled bigger opponents better. His performance against Korea was his best performance

Meanwhile Junmar was the only player not in the scoresheet against Japan. Belga could have gotten the slot. Even the skinnier Japeth did a good job esp against Japan and SoKor
                              Fajardo just doesnt fit the system.
                              First he is way too slow. And he is not the guy for a team that Gilas was. He is more suited to play in a team that has plays designed to be followed religiously that utilizes the bigman. Even Douthit was not spectacular if not for his rebounding and defense.
                              Darling it's better
                              Down where it's wetter
                              Take it from me.

- Sebastian, The Little Mermaid

Comment

• fajardo doesn't fit the DDO of chot... and so does slaughter.

to some extent, even marcus was struggling... i feel if marcus was not there, chot would've chosen a naturalized player with a different skill set

the best big man of chot was taulava.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information