PBA 48th season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post

Yeah, a true stretch-4. As I've said, I think Bryan Santos has a better chance of becoming a Gilas prospect than Justine Arana.
    Arana needs to develop that. Even 5 time mvp 6'10 30 plus Fajardo is sharpening his 3 pt shot. Arana should do too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giannis34GOD View Post
      Another thing that PBA didn’t address is how to find their next “face of the league”… James Yap is nearing his retirement and the league still not find his successor… PBA has to find his successor… they tried Scottie Thompson but he has no “bag” or moves that make him the face… Junmar winning MVPs left and right but he’s a boring guy (like Jokic), he has no personality to be the face.. Romeo could be the next one but his injuries today and his controversy in the past hindered him as the next face.. Abueva is not a “face of the league” material… right now the potential faces are all in abroad… If I were to be ask.. the guy should be the torch bearer of being the next face of the league is Ricci Rivero (or Kobe Paras if he joined PBA).. but Rivero is still raw… he has potential but it need to wait to be that guy… PBA needs to integrate younger generation players by hyping players that are according to their age demographics… that’s one of PBA lacks… no marketing to sell to the younger generation of fans here… Ricci could be the guy if PBA markets him the right way…
      IMO, the league should have multiple faces, ideally one from every team, just as Jaworski, Patrimonio, and Abarrientos were the faces of their respective teams.

Or if they cant find a face, make each team represent a locale in the PH, but thats going into MPBL's territory

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post

Yeah, a true stretch-4. As I've said, I think Bryan Santos has a better chance of becoming a Gilas prospect than Justine Arana.
        i can see him being a 3nD guy, idk if he has the size for the four though maybe he gets better defense

Comment

• Originally posted by paulrenzo View Post

IMO, the league should have multiple faces, ideally one from every team, just as Jaworski, Patrimonio, and Abarrientos were the faces of their respective teams.

Or if they cant find a face, make each team represent a locale in the PH, but thats going into MPBL's territory
          In early 2010s (before farm teams Dyip, Bossing and Northport came to the league), each teams have their faces of their franchise, TNT has Alapag and Castro, San Mig Coffee has Yap and Pingris, SMB has Arwind and Washington (before traded), Powerade has David, Ginebra has Caguioa and Helterbrand, ROS has Lee and Tiu/Chan, Meralco has Cardona, Alaska has Abueva, Baguio and even Barako Bull (alleged farm team that time) also competitive… that was the final glory era of PBA before those farm teams came to the league and of course when Narvasa became the commissioner, and Long Hair became sports director of SMC.. coincidence right? Chito Salud might have some controversies in his term, but he makes the league balanced in his era… independent teams having chance of winning titles in his era, no controversial lopsided trades, make a good decision banning Balkman after his actions, not afraid against big bosses of PBA, especially rumors that SMC will leave the league after Balkman controversy.. he didn’t retaliate his decision to unturn Banning Balkman from the league… and he is the mastermind of hyping Manila Classico that become the one of the biggest rivalries on Philippine sports…

Comment

• SMB just beasting right now. Two of the big factors I think is the addition of Trollano and the come back of Romeo. Getting Trollano gave them a small ball 4 who is deadly from 3, decent on D and has a good all around game. Romeo gives them a second shot creator and rightly putting Enciso as 3rd pg. These two actually have actually helped Mo Tautuaa.a lot. These 3 are beasting it in the 2nd unit. The 2nd unit at times even doubles the lead. The 2nd unit is a 5 out scheme. Though a bit undersized it gives SMB a different look.

Comment

• Comment

• Great battle of the wings between David and Tolentino

Comment

• Arvin Tolentino sinking the game winner in the face of Christian David.

David: 26 pts. 15 reb. 2 stl. 2 blk.

Tolentino; 27 pts. 11 reb. 7 asts. 2 blk.

Rosario: 33 pts. 9 reb. 6 asts.

Comment

• Originally posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
                    Arvin Tolentino sinking the game winner in the face of Christian David.

Wow probably Davids best game. But probably shouldnt have been matched up against Arvin on that play. Although BW might not have any better wing defenders.

Comment

• Originally posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
                      Arvin Tolentino sinking the game winner in the face of Christian David.

Speaking of Rosario, I heard Jutt Sulit say in the commentary that Navarro and Lucero (natural wings) should try to emulate Troy Rosario (who Sulit discribed as having the speed of a wing) if they wanna succeed in the PBA.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post

Speaking of Rosario, I heard Jutt Sulit say in the commentary that Navarro and Lucero (natural wings) should try to emulate Troy Rosario (who Sulit discribed as having the speed of a wing) if they wanna succeed in the PBA.
                        This is funny. Rosario is mobile for a PBA 4 but is not really known to defend the perimeter full time. Lucero was known for his defense in the UAAP. He is post knee injury and gained weight to play in the PBA so it is understandable he is slower. Navarro is also post injury but from what I have seen he is still good laterally. He is one of the reasons we defended Korea well. What are Rosarios credentials? Disappointing us fanboys because he was never developed into a wing?

Comment

• Breakout game for Maagdenberg. Oftana keeping TNT alive.

Comment

• The PBA is really balanced right now. Only SMB and to a lesser extent GSM stands out. The rest are pretty balanced. Any team can defeat any team.

Comment

• it suppose to be a free to watch games on a Labor Day but unfortunately those empty seats are not tv friendly.

unfortunately, Grandpa Com. Wowo Willy, Grandpa Chualay and Sen. Bong whose a regular venue viewers are not(?) on-sight.

my dabarkads from our barangay who happens to be a regular viewers of the league also notice the absence of those Grandpas these past few games errr. maraming games na pala..tsk! tsk! tsk!

the so-called oldest professional pay for play league in Asia should really come up with a delicious mouth-watering recipe to entice the majority of the public to watch the game onsight now it was regularly held in a much smaller and closer to the masa type of a venue.

certain eligibility rules should be revise and a Philippines vs. the competitive World narrative should be re-consider.

PBA should be the trailblazer of basketball innovation here in Asia but unfortunately the B. League are the one whose doing that part.

indeed Grandpa attitude are ain't very cool.

Comment

• Game yesterday. When 1 team (SMB) bought and collect every superstars in the league in pursuit of victory, while another team (BWE) strategically sold their precious players in order to lose the game to get a chance of higher draft picks. Tell me, is there any reason to watch PBA?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information