Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBA 48th season

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PBA 48th season

    A 2 conference season for 23-24 season of PBA..

    AFC Defending champs San Miguel Beermen
    Commisioners Cup Defending champs BGSM
    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

    sigpic

  • #2
    Originally posted by IPC View Post
    The PBA had an offensive explosion this Governors' Cup: https://basketball.realgm.com/intern...tals/ortg/desc

    9 teams reached 110 and above, and the top 2 offensive teams (Ginebra at 119.9 and TNT at 119.1) reached the finals. Finally, a tournament where teams have good offenses, after PBA offenses have suffered for so long.
    ​Hopefully this trend keeps up in the following season. Challenge the defenses to defend better.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by IPC View Post

      ​Hopefully this trend keeps up in the following season. Challenge the defenses to defend better.
      Just want to ask, why 110 is the baseline. Where it is base on? Is this the baseline before the pandemic?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by zairex View Post
        Just want to ask, why 110 is the baseline. Where it is base on? Is this the baseline before the pandemic?
        110's my baseline because that's the average NBA offensive rating these days. I dunno yet with the other Asian leagues, but I assume that they could be close to that range in the past few seasons. Didn't find the time to compute for other years

        I did make a few comparisons in the 2021-22 season to the NBA, Euroleague, CBA, KBL, and B.League. Notice that the average ORTG in the KBL, CBA, and B.League had an average ORTG of 110+.

        Originally posted by IPC View Post
        I also compared the average PBA offensive rating to the offensive ratings in the NBA, Euroleague, KBL, B.League, and CBA.

        Here's what I found:

        NBA: 112.0 (best 116.7, worst 104.5; 19 teams above average)
        Euroleague: 111.9 (best 118.2, worst 105.1; 9 teams above average)
        KBL: 111.1 (best 115.6, worst 102.2; 5 teams above average)
        B.League: 110.2 (best 120.4, worst 96.9; 10 teams above average)
        CBA: 110.3 (best 120.1, worst 97.2; 13 teams above average)
        PBA Governors’ Cup: 106.3 (best 114.5, worst 99.8; 5 teams above average)
        PBA Philippine Cup: 99.0 (best 105.6, worst 90.2; 8 teams above average)

        Levels of competition aside, looks like that the offensive ratings in the B.League, KBL, and CBA are closer to the NBA's and Euroleague's than the PBA's is to the Asian leagues'. I think with that in mind, PBA offenses have a lot to improve on.
        Also, before the pandemic, I hardly found a PBA offense touching 110. Highest was usually in the 105 range. That's kinda low in the NBA, and probably middling in FIBA. Stats are here: https://basketball.realgm.com/intern...tals/ortg/desc

        Comment


        • #5
          When is FIBA Worlds? Sea Games? PBA next season?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
            When is FIBA Worlds? Sea Games? PBA next season?
            SEA Games basketball is May 9-16. World Cup's August 25-September 10. PBA season is on October, after the Asian Games.

            Comment


            • #7
              Wow so long without basketball.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
                Wow so long without basketball.
                there’s the mpbl and psl, and the ligang labas streamed at fb/youtube for your local basketball fix

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                  A 2 conference season for 23-24 season of PBA..

                  AFC Defending champs San Miguel Beermen
                  Commisioners Cup Defending champs BGSM
                  Hopefully the two conferences are both import-reinforced (option to hire up to 2), and without a height limit. It will help the teams competing in the EASL (which starts at the same time as the PBA), so they will already have chemistry.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by IPC View Post

                    110's my baseline because that's the average NBA offensive rating these days. I dunno yet with the other Asian leagues, but I assume that they could be close to that range in the past few seasons. Didn't find the time to compute for other years

                    I did make a few comparisons in the 2021-22 season to the NBA, Euroleague, CBA, KBL, and B.League. Notice that the average ORTG in the KBL, CBA, and B.League had an average ORTG of 110+.



                    Also, before the pandemic, I hardly found a PBA offense touching 110. Highest was usually in the 105 range. That's kinda low in the NBA, and probably middling in FIBA. Stats are here: https://basketball.realgm.com/intern...tals/ortg/desc
                    Check 2018 - 2019, there are 4 teams of Govs Cup with 110 ORtg and above with pace adjusted

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by zairex View Post
                      Check 2018 - 2019, there are 4 teams of Govs Cup with 110 ORtg and above with pace adjusted

                      https://basketball.realgm.com/intern...ce_adjustment=
                      That was a pretty great conference. Might that have continued momentum had the pandemic not set in?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        No PBA till October so top draft prospect Cedric Barefield signs in the BAL

                        Sedrick Barefield’s next journey will take him to Guinea. The 6-foot-2 Filipino-American guard will reinforce Seydou Legacy Athl?tique Club (SLAC) in the ongoing 2023 Basketball Africa League Season. ? Tingnan ang post na ito sa Instagram ? Isang post na ibinahagi ni SLAC (@slac_warriors) SLAC, who is in the Nile Conference along with Al Ahly, […]


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          PBA pre-season on tour kicks off May 21




                          All is set for this novel event showcasing the 12 PBA teams, with their regular players, free agents and rookie aspirants, in various venues in Metro Manila and nearby provinces while the regular season is on hold to give way to Gilas Pilipinas' participation in the Southeast Asian Games, the FIBA World Cup and the Asian Games.

                          The ball clubs will play 11 games each in a series of exhibition matches where the league experiments proposed new game rules.

                          The games will be played Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays, with out-of-town sorties slated on Saturdays. The games will be shown over One Sports on Cignal TV.

                          "Hinto ang regular games pero ilalaro natin itong mga larong ito para ipakita pa rin natin ang mga players and teams natin sa fans. Kasamang mapapanood nila ang mga possible rookies sa parating na PBA season," said PBA commissioner Willie Marcial.

                          The teams will be allowed to list 17 players with 16 to play per game.

                          "Pwede ang rookie aspirants, but they can only play for one team in this PBA on Tour series. Hindi pwedeng patalon-talon o palipat-lipat," said Marcial.


                          Regular venue is the Ynares Sports Arena in Pasig, but the PBA on Tour will be seen as far as Dumaguete City in the Visayas. The series will also have stops in Bulacan, Batangas and Quezon as it also hops over to university gyms like UST and Olivarez College.​

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
                            PBA pre-season on tour kicks off May 21




                            All is set for this novel event showcasing the 12 PBA teams, with their regular players, free agents and rookie aspirants, in various venues in Metro Manila and nearby provinces while the regular season is on hold to give way to Gilas Pilipinas' participation in the Southeast Asian Games, the FIBA World Cup and the Asian Games.

                            The ball clubs will play 11 games each in a series of exhibition matches where the league experiments proposed new game rules.

                            The games will be played Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays, with out-of-town sorties slated on Saturdays. The games will be shown over One Sports on Cignal TV.

                            "Hinto ang regular games pero ilalaro natin itong mga larong ito para ipakita pa rin natin ang mga players and teams natin sa fans. Kasamang mapapanood nila ang mga possible rookies sa parating na PBA season," said PBA commissioner Willie Marcial.

                            The teams will be allowed to list 17 players with 16 to play per game.

                            "Pwede ang rookie aspirants, but they can only play for one team in this PBA on Tour series. Hindi pwedeng patalon-talon o palipat-lipat," said Marcial.


                            Regular venue is the Ynares Sports Arena in Pasig, but the PBA on Tour will be seen as far as Dumaguete City in the Visayas. The series will also have stops in Bulacan, Batangas and Quezon as it also hops over to university gyms like UST and Olivarez College.
                            Hope this event succeeds. If it does, the PBA can regularly do it, and then afford to have only 2 conferences. Hopefully, it's feasible enough financially.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              PBA Commissioner Willie Marcial threw the book at 10 players who recently participated in various ga



                              Magnolia's Jio Jalalon drew the stiffest penalty of P100,000 for his second offense. Jalalon has already earlier been fined and suspended by his ballclub.

                              Rain or Shine's (ROS) Beau Belga and NLEX's JR Quinahan, who were both with Jalalon in the fight-marred game in Catmon, Cebu were fined P50,000 each plus an additional P20,000 each for their involvement in the melee.

                              Belga and teammate Rey Nambatac were also already earlier been sanctioned by the ROS management.

                              Nambatac, Jhonard Clarito (ROS), Vic Manuel (SMB), Allyn Bulanadi (SMB), Alec Stockton (Converge), Barkley Ebona (Converge) and Arwin Santos (NorthPort) were fined P50,000 apiece.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information