Filipino Players in Foreign Leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
    So, KBL players are high-earners too: https://tiebreakertimes.com.ph/tbt/a...-in-kbl/254146

SJ, the lowest-earning Filipino, is earning P605M/month. The lowest-earning Asian import, for Goyang, is earning P276M/month. Pay's pretty big.

Unfortunately, the KBL has only 10 teams, and currently, only Suwon KT has cap room to sign an Asian import, and they want to get a guard.
    lastimosa or dave ildefonso. if lastimosa, koreans will certainly love him..
    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• So far the best NBA player comparison for me for Kai Sotto is Jarrett Allen.

Draft - Kai 2022 undrafted Allen 2017 22nd overall

Height - Kai 7'2" Allen 6'9" the afro hair makes him looked really taller than his listed height

Shot Blocking - Allen is a little better and looks quicker and faster with better timing on shot blocking

Dribbling - Kai seems better in this area. Allen dribbles like really high and awkward.

Shooting - Kai have the ability to knock down 3 points especially on catch and shoot with or without defender contesting his shots. Allen only made three points because of no

more shot clock time. While both have similar strengths on perimeter shooting inside the arc.

Low post and dunker's spot - Allen is better on this one. Very athletic and strong even with his slender frame. He manages to force his way into the rim and have more success

than Kai.

Lob threat
      - Clearly Allen is better on this one also. He's an easy target by cavs guards - mitchell, garland and levert. While Mitch can easily pass lob to Kai his other teammates

has lower success rate when passing lobs to him. I think DJ and Dech had average results. We can put the blame to guards but based on my observation Allen is

a better lob target than Kai at this moment.

Stamina - Allen looks slow and Kai looks slower. I guess these bigs are just pacing themselves whenever they run or sprint the floor. Pushing and shoving well drain your energy

more than guards do but for this one Allen has the edge over Kai since Allen usually plays in the crunch time and have not shown fatigue in every games.

Pick and roll offense - Allen is better on this one again. He has better positioning and receivest the

ball well than Kai. Kai sometimes really has a bad angle maybe because

NBL usually has a crowded lane because of smaller three point line. I'm not

sure haha or something else.

Pick and roll defender - Both usually are drop down defender. While Kai has shown the ability to

defend the shaded lane and also decent enough contesting shots in the

perimeter on guards. Allen is still the better on this one just because he looks

really good out there a testament on cavs 2nd best on defensive rating. I

guess his other defensive duo of Mobley complements really well what Allen's

mistake sometime. It's like a double lock door that the opponent need to

surpass to get to the rim of shoot at the rim haha while Kai is just Kai because

DJ really is a defensive liability when Kai is paired with him. Kai and Rob has

a better defensive rating based on my observation only haha I have no stats

to present.

Overall I say Allen is better for now but Kai can be like him in terms of what Allen brings to his team Cavaliers. Maybe 2 years Kai can even surpass Jarrett Allen tiwala lang haha

as long as wasser makes all the right decision for Kai's career and Kai never stops to improve his game.
      Last edited by coach cj; 11-04-2022, 01:13 AM.

Comment

• Today if Magic wins over Warriors, would be crazy haha

Bigs on the rise

Kai is big

So I'm rooting for this tall teams in the NBA.

On Kai's recent game, I'm happy with his performance. Did not force anything, he was in the flow of the offense and defense.

Looks good on the court, it's just that he had an off night and shots were not falling for him.

Comment

• Bigs are on the rise but it has to be skilled bigs that can at least handle a pick and roll

Comment

• Just sharing Japan's 26-man line up for the World Cup 2022 this month in Qatar are mostly playing abroad.

The point is in other countries their best players sometimes may not be playing in their local leagues.
            This a different sport but it also applies in basketball like how some European and SA countries pick their national team players.

SBP and PBA should take note.
            Last edited by fadzki; 11-04-2022, 01:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fadzki View Post

Just sharing Japan's 26-man line up for the World Cup 2022 this month in Qatar are mostly playing abroad.
              And J-League is one of the premier football leagues in Asia.
              Attack
              defend
              Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
                Bigs are on the rise but it has to be skilled bigs that can at least handle a pick and roll
                The truth is Tako Fall was signed by just being tall out there even though he barely moves on the court haha

Yes, I agree tall players need to be skilled to stay relevant in the NBA.

But at least with the recent rise of bigs will only make it much easier for taller players to be entertained and have a serious consideration

by NBA teams unlike before when there was still euphoria for small balls because of GSW dynasty.

Remember what coach Brian Shaw told Kai Sotto back then, "it is a guards game" haha that was all Kai needed to hear

to retract or changed his mind playing for GLEAGUE Ignite.

I think wasser also handles Evan Mobley so Kai is really on the right place right now.

Good NBA environment for bigs and good NBA agent for Kai.

Sipag nalang Kai so NBA teams will come looking for you haha

Thankfully,
                Last edited by coach cj; 11-04-2022, 02:41 AM.

Comment

• Taiwan pro team part ways with Ricci Rivero. And the season has not even started. They must have not like what they saw in the preseason

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
                    Taiwan pro team part ways with Ricci Rivero. And the season has not even started. They must have not like what they saw in the preseason

That was fast, article said that Rivero got injured around that period. I hope he got cut for basketball reasons and not for walwal or fuccboi reasons like in his dlsu days

Comment

• Spin.ph and Snow Badua talks about Kai Sotto on what he needs to improve. Stresses that its unfair to put the blame on CJ Brutton and discrimination on being Asian. Instead put the work in getting stronger. Appeals to fans not to get ahead on the NBA stint. Because Kai is clearly not an NBA material at this point.

38K views, 814 likes, 18 loves, 285 comments, 32 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from SPIN.ph: Spin.ph contributor Snow Badua talks about how Kai Sotto can further earn the faith of Adelaide coach CJ...

Comment

• Originally posted by CoJ View Post
                        https://www.spin.ph/basketball/ricci...RL58kYlgOsne00

That was fast, article said that Rivero got injured around that period. I hope he got cut for basketball reasons and not for walwal or fuccboi reasons like in his dlsu days
                        Is he even interested in becoming a pro baller?

His actions for the last three years have shown him being more interested in an OnlyFans career.

Comment

• Originally posted by sroth3839 View Post
                          Is he even interested in becoming a pro baller?

His actions for the last three years have shown him being more interested in an OnlyFans career.
                          this, he seems too busy about his brand/image/showbiz career rather than basketball, and he regressed so much already, worse case scenario for him is either indy film career ala coco martin prior 2010 or yeah, AVO/onlyfans track.

At this rate I doubt he'll last long even in the PBA

Comment

• Originally posted by gideon
                            I find your comparison of Kai Sotto to NBA All Star Jarrett Allen quite laughable. Obviously Kai is not even in the same calibre to one of the NBA premier bigs and perennial all star.

The Takco Fall comparison is much more realistic.

Both Tacko and Kai are undrafted players. Kai like Tacko will most likely will get a chance to play in the G-League at some stage in his career.

Kai is about 4-5 inches shorter than big Tacko and giving up a lot of weight, but is more mobile and slightly more skilled. Both have severe problems with lateral movement and stamina issues.

But I think it is much more realistic to compare Kai to Undrafted players than drafted players, NBA all stars and all time greats lol.
                            I made the comparison between Kai and Allen because I think Kai's upside maybe more or less of Jarrett

not because Kai is better than Jarrett as of the moment. If only Kai will focus on his strength etc he will achieve it even better than Jarrett.

Kai and Jarrett has the same body built, slender type. They also move slow or the way I see them on the floor maybe just pacing their games.

They are both good on one thing and that is shot blocking. Also whatever Jarrett already has right now is very much achievable by Kai.

Pero if you insist that I compare Kai to TAcko so that this will be the player he will try to surpass or achieve that is the real laughable here haha

Gets niyo ba point ko boss?

Please don't insult my opinion as I have not attack any person in this thread. I respect all your opinion, you should respect mine.

So we can have a better discussion here an educated one no to trash talking please.
                            Last edited by coach cj; 11-04-2022, 08:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoJ View Post
                              this, he seems too busy about his brand/image/showbiz career rather than basketball, and he regressed so much already, worse case scenario for him is either indy film career ala coco martin prior 2010 or yeah, AVO/onlyfans track.

At this rate I doubt he'll last long even in the PBA

A team with a 40 game season cuts a player in the preaseason - long term injury, red flag issues, or may ibang contract na gusto i-pursue from either parties.

Comment

• Originally posted by gideon
                                If you honestly think Kai has greater upside to Jarrett Allen don't you think at least one NBA team would of drafted him just based on this upside?

Jarrett Allen was a one and done college player and was a first round pick 22nd overall. He was also in all major NBA mock drafts and attended the NBA draft combine.

Kai was not even invited to the Gleague Combine let alone the NBA Draft combine, not even in the top 100 of major mock drafts and unsurprisingly went UNDRAFTED.

It's a shame that NBA teams don't share your optimism and confidence in Kai Sotto's upside otherwise he would probably be playing in a different league right now instead of struggling to get minutes in the NBL.
                                If you honestly believe in everything what the NBA teams say based on the upside and potential then

why this happened all over again many times in NBA history? https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...ts-nba-history
                                Last edited by coach cj; 11-04-2022, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information