Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
    Reyes, Parks and Troy were odd choices by Tab but made sense later on.
    Ryan Reyes to
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Really in the context of having Kai and AJ, even if Ottana is shorter than Almazan and Erram, he will actually be a better compliment and useful player (due to his skills) alongside the twin players as a 4, than the two unskilled and slower PFs, it is still skill set rather than 3 inches taller at the expense of speed and skill set
      NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
        At first, i am not that sold with Oftana being a wing but when i watch his games, i was amazed on how he has a good defensive instinct both in the perimeter and in the interior. This instinct is what i am looking for when we say quality and versatile wing.

I also agree with you sir jamskie. I like Oftana's patience in offense.
        If only Kobe P. has Oftana's attitude, Kobe would be a significantly better player than he is right now. Attitude really matters a lot.

I would trade off a certain degree of Kobe's athleticism for an improved attitude.
        "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
          Really in the context of having Kai and AJ, even if Ottana is shorter than Almazan and Erram, he will actually be a better compliment and useful player (due to his skills) alongside the twin players as a 4, than the two unskilled and slower PFs, it is still skill set rather than 3 inches taller at the expense of speed and skill set
          Almazan and Erram are not even PF, they are actually Centers sized as International PF... Our only legit PF skillwise though still undersize is Troy and maybe Isaac Go if he slims down... At one inch difference, there is nothing that Troy than Oftana cant down... SAME with Kobe, aside from perimeter shooting, the rest i think Kobe is better than Troy(slashing, Defense, even rebounding and playmaking)..

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
            Almazan and Erram are not even PF, they are actually Centers sized as International PF... Our only legit PF skillwise though still undersize is Troy and maybe Isaac Go if he slims down... At one inch difference, there is nothing that Troy than Oftana cant down... SAME with Kobe, aside from perimeter shooting, the rest i think Kobe is better than Troy(slashing, Defense, even rebounding and playmaking)..
            For all intent of purposes Japeth is a FIBA center as well not a PF.
            No Isaac Go, while people label him a PF or stretch 4, in actual play he has practically never played PF

But I agree by default Troy is litterally are only legit FIBA 4.
            The scarcity at 4 is really the reason why there are even conversations that Brownlee or Kobe would be considered as 4s for Gilas (it would not be the case if they were Chinese or Iranians). It is what it is

Comment

• Seriously now..you guys want 6'5" guys like Oftana and Kobe paras to be our FIBA level 4?? They will be eaten alive and we'll be in a rude awakening if people here continue to pursue these two as power forwards on the FIBA World and Asian level!

Just here nalang against in Asia, we are already undersized and being outplayed and outhustled against the other teams PF (4)! Heck even 6,4" Troy had serious matchup problems against these players!

Example of top Asian Team 4s:

IRAN Michael Rostampour 6,9"

Originally posted by PeeZones
              Kai is a top ten lottery pick come draft day and the best team for him is the spurs...Kai is way more skilled OFFENSIVELY than duncan, yao, aldridge, kp. etc..Kai is way better offensively than Porzingis by a mile...Kareem isnt really way far than Kai..decent bball IQ for both MJ and Kobe but Kai belongs to the highly skilled and high IQ players...I see talent clearly and they cant.

Comment

• Seriously now..you guys want 6'5" guys like Oftana and Kobe paras to be our FIBA level 4?? They will be eaten alive and we'll be in a rude awakening if people here continue to pursue these two as power forwards on the FIBA World and Asian level!

Just here nalang against in Asia, we are already undersized and being outplayed and outhustled against the other teams PF (4)! Heck even 6,4" Troy had serious matchup problems against these players!

IRAN Arman Zangeneh 6,9"

Kai is a top ten lottery pick come draft day and the best team for him is the spurs...Kai is way more skilled OFFENSIVELY than duncan, yao, aldridge, kp. etc..Kai is way better offensively than Porzingis by a mile...Kareem isnt really way far than Kai..decent bball IQ for both MJ and Kobe but Kai belongs to the highly skilled and high IQ players...I see talent clearly and they cant.

Comment

CHINA Abudushalamu Abudurexiti 6'8"

Comment

CHINA yi jianlian 6;11"

Comment

Kazakhstan Alexandr Zhigulin 6'8"

Comment

LEBANON Ezzeddine Karim Raphael 6'8"

Last edited by geohunk; 10-04-2020, 04:51 AM.

Comment

S.KOREA Jeong Hyo-geun 6'8"

Comment

• And oftana haven’t played single game in fiba international to test wether he could actually play 4spot. Ncaa Performance is not just the basis and yet somebody already compared him better with the guy who had failed US ncaa stint.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mapuakid View Post
                              And oftana haven’t played single game in fiba international to test wether he could actually play 4spot. Ncaa Performance is not just the basis and yet somebody already compared him better with the guy who had failed US ncaa stint.
                              Yun nanga ehhh...and jeez don't get me started if ever we go up against Australia again with their monster frontline, even without NBA players!

AUSTRALIA Jock Landale 6'10"

Comment

N.ZEALAND Tohi Smith Milner 6'9"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information