2012-2013 PBA Philippine Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by el scorcho View Post
    I'm guessing Gary David will demand a trade and Global will ask the team to take Rabeh with him..wink,wink MVP teams..
    guess what he woul not fit for meralco but with tnt for nt purposes
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Originally posted by reamily View Post
      guess what he woul not fit for meralco but with tnt for nt purposes
      Yeah, the invite to the NT is step 1 of the MVP recruitment machine..but it doesn't always work..

David would fit Meralco if he was traded for Cardona..and Bolts just lost Asi..no center..they might be desperate enough.

Comment

Only bright spot for global port was lingganay and mandani. Miller though scoring much is a blackhole in the offense still. Vic manuel was lost. Too cocky and slow offense and defense.

Comment

Originally posted by eric_gordon View Post
          Only bright spot for global port was lingganay and mandani. Miller though scoring much is a blackhole in the offense still. Vic manuel was lost. Too cocky and slow offense and defense.
          Knowing a mikee romero owned team.. Milller played with lots of guts played thru his role even Vanlandingham.. their defense as a groub must show up. Mark Yee and Vic Manuel were outplayed heavily by Jensen and Ellis and it does not help when you have a big man named rabeh
          To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
          1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Originally posted by ricodgame View Post
            Yessir! Gonna watch live! sana sa MOA Arena nalang. But it's ok.
            It will be cebuano vs cebuano.proktoy vs abay.
            Why worry when you can Pray...

Comment

Games on Wednesday (Araneta Coliseum):

First game:

vs.

Which means it's not a bad idea to go home late in this game day because the opener sucks anyway.

But Second Game is a can't-miss affair:

vs

Obviously, all eyes will be on Fajardo and Tiu's PBA debut.
              If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

I think I just saw GSM executing some dribble drive offense last night as part of their playbook.

Nice young core for GSM. Let's see how they'll fare against the bigger teams.

Comment

Believe it or not, I'm actually looking forward to catching the first game between the Express and the Energy Cola. Two reasons:

1. Barako's unusual lineup which appears to be ragtag and unthought of. They have one of the biggest lineups actually with the 6'9 Pennisi, the 6'5 Villanueva, the 6'7 Cervantes, the 6'8 Ballesteros, the 6'4 Anthony, the 6'5 Kramer, the 6'5 Marcelo, and the 6'7 Seigle, the 6'3 Najorda and the 6'3 Co. That's 10 players standing at 6'3 and above. And you have the 6'0 Tubid, and 5 point guards (???) in Celino Cruz, Josh Urbiztondo, Lester Alvarez, Emman Monfort and Roger Yap.

To be honest, I don't know how Coach Baculi would be able to balance this totally imbalanced lineup. He may actually consider having Yap at #1, Tubid at #2, Seigle at #3, Anthony at #4 and Pennisi at #5. But they would be fun to watch as Tubid is expected to carry the offensive brunt for this team.

2. Air 21's rejuvenated lineup. Well, not exactly championship-worthy but they'll be fun to watch compared to last year. In fairness to AAA (Lito Alvarez), he did tinker with this lineup immensely and was amply rewarded with a roster that can compete for at least a quarterfinals seat. How far they'll go from there, we'll take it game by game. But they have a promising team with an expected resurgence from Noy Baclao, a more offensive-minded Canaleta, a rejuvenated John Wilson and a blue chipper in Taha.

How they'll do in the first game (a match between two sister teams governed by two Alvarezes, albeit unrelated) may be a portent of things to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
                    Believe it or not, I'm actually looking forward to catching the first game between the Express and the Energy Cola. Two reasons:

1. Barako's unusual lineup which appears to be ragtag and unthought of. They have one of the biggest lineups actually with the 6'9 Pennisi, the 6'5 Villanueva, the 6'7 Cervantes, the 6'8 Ballesteros, the 6'4 Anthony, the 6'5 Kramer, the 6'5 Marcelo, and the 6'7 Seigle, the 6'3 Najorda and the 6'3 Co. That's 10 players standing at 6'3 and above. And you have the 6'0 Tubid, and 5 point guards (???) in Celino Cruz, Josh Urbiztondo, Lester Alvarez, Emman Monfort and Roger Yap.

To be honest, I don't know how Coach Baculi would be able to balance this totally imbalanced lineup. He may actually consider having Yap at #1, Tubid at #2, Seigle at #3, Anthony at #4 and Pennisi at #5. But they would be fun to watch as Tubid is expected to carry the offensive brunt for this team.

2. Air 21's rejuvenated lineup. Well, not exactly championship-worthy but they'll be fun to watch compared to last year. In fairness to AAA (Lito Alvarez), he did tinker with this lineup immensely and was amply rewarded with a roster that can compete for at least a quarterfinals seat. How far they'll go from there, we'll take it game by game. But they have a promising team with an expected resurgence from Noy Baclao, a more offensive-minded Canaleta, a rejuvenated John Wilson and a blue chipper in Taha.

How they'll do in the first game (a match between two sister teams governed by two Alvarezes, albeit unrelated) may be a portent of things to come.
                    Play better first and we'll watch later. For now, both are considered "scrub" teams and will be treated as such. Guilty before being proven innocent yes, but hey we are spoiled basketball fans and we won't waste 2 hours of our lives watching two lotto teams slug it out for the #1 pick

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
                      Play better first and we'll watch later. For now, both are considered "scrub" teams and will be treated as such. Guilty before being proven innocent yes, but hey we are spoiled basketball fans and we won't waste 2 hours of our lives watching two lotto teams slug it out for the #1 pick
                      You picky, hard-to-please SOB!

To each his own actually. But yeah, I'm in unison with you regarding the 2nd game. A Petron-ROS game will always be a spectacle to watch, with or without Junmar and Chris. ROS has always been an entertaining team to watch since Yeng took over while Petron, with a newly-souped up lineup, should be interesting to preview as to how far they're capable of going deep into the playoffs as we expect them to do.

Too bad there are injuries on both sides - Lassiter with Petron and Lee for ROS. But it would be mighty entertaining.

As for the first game, scrubs or not, they'd be fun really to watch. They will work hard in proving otherwise - Air 21 in particular would be interesting to watch if they try to start using the vaunted Pumaren fullcourt defense.

Comment

Games on Wednesday (Araneta Coliseum):

First game:

vs.

Which means it's not a bad idea to go home late in this game day because the opener sucks anyway.

But Second Game is a can't-miss affair:

vs

Obviously, all eyes will be on Fajardo and Tiu's PBA debut.
                        i'll bet this one's will be close. ROS and PBB.

it will be nice if BGK's first game against ROS. Chris Tiu's debut against BGK.

anyways.. We'll see how Fajardo will fare against the beefy bigs of coach yeng.

Barako bull for sure will win against Air21.
                        Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                          i'll bet this one's will be close. ROS and PBB.

it will be nice if BGK's first game against ROS. Chris Tiu's debut against BGK.

anyways.. We'll see how Fajardo will fare against the beefy bigs of coach yeng.

Barako bull for sure will win against Air21.
                          i almost forgot about that Pretty sure Yeng will make this one... a debut to remember. On that note, i predict a ROS victory with Fajardo bleeding for points all night long. #antijinx

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Originally posted by eric_gordon View Post
                            Opening jitters perhaps for Deuctchman and Manuel. Mandani is impressive. Speedy guard. Trade Miller. GP will be better team w/o him.
                            Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                              Opening jitters perhaps for Deuctchman and Manuel. Mandani is impressive. Speedy guard. Trade Miller. GP will be better team w/o him.
                              But but... Miller is a valuable asset!

In getting that #1 pick for Global. (Do they even have that pick, i lost track already.)

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

But but... Miller is a valuable asset!

In getting that #1 pick for Global. (Do they even have that pick, i lost track already.)
                                i thought its GD?
                                We can have no progress without change, whether it be basketball or anything else

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information