Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The problem with Japeth is he cannot contribute in other facets of the game. What I learned when I was playing basketball is that if you are playing bad in offense, then contribute in other factors like defense, screens, or box out. If your not shooting well out side then attack or fish for the foul. Japeth must learn to contribute in other areas. He is tall and high leaper, he can use those gifts in other areas.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by lovejones View Post
      but here's the problem...is there really still something to be untapped?

it could have happened in ateneo under the tutelage of norman black but he left for the us

in his 3 years in the us, his talent was untapped

in his 3 years with smart gilas, his talent was also untapped

now, in the pba, it appears that it's the same story all over again

is there really something to untap here? in my honest opinion, mukhang wala na.

japeth, in my honest evaluation, is a tweener who can't be a 5 because he is too weak. he also can't be a 4 because he can't rebound and body up well. he also can't be a 3 because he doesn't have the slashing and dribbling skills and speed required for the position. he is a jack of several trades but a master of none.

in order for him to have a semblance of a career, japeth needs to specialize and focus on just one position. forget about untapping or actualizing the potential he has - he should just make do with whatever skillset he has.

this means if he can't dribble penetrate, 'wag ng ipilit...if he can't shoot from the trifecta consistently, hwag ng ipilit, etc.
      Japeth's career so far has a semblance with my love life. It's always their fault, not mine, that's why it never worked. (Though i told them: "it's not you, it's me.")

Half-kidding there, but i hope you get the drift
      If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Originally posted by yogaflame View Post
        The problem with Japeth is he cannot contribute in other facets of the game. What I learned when I was playing basketball is that if you are playing bad in offense, then contribute in other factors like defense, screens, or box out. If your not shooting well out side then attack or fish for the foul. Japeth must learn to contribute in other areas. He is tall and high leaper, he can use those gifts in other areas.
        in other words, he should emulate eman monfort.

my goodness

Comment

• Originally posted by lovejones View Post
          in other words, he should emulate eman monfort.

my goodness
          Super lol at this.
          “You don’t have to be a fantastic hero to do certain things – to compete. You can be just an ordinary chap, sufficiently motivated.” - Sir Edmund Hillary

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
            Japeth's career so far has a semblance with my love life. It's always their fault, not mine, that's why it never worked. (Though i told them: "it's not you, it's me.")

Half-kidding there, but i hope you get the drift
            Kaw na ang may love-life DT.

Trans:

You're the man!!!
            “You don’t have to be a fantastic hero to do certain things – to compete. You can be just an ordinary chap, sufficiently motivated.” - Sir Edmund Hillary

Comment

• Originally posted by yogaflame View Post
              The problem with Japeth is he cannot contribute in other facets of the game. What I learned when I was playing basketball is that if you are playing bad in offense, then contribute in other factors like defense, screens, or box out. If your not shooting well out side then attack or fish for the foul. Japeth must learn to contribute in other areas. He is tall and high leaper, he can use those gifts in other areas.
              exactly. he needs to be a role player in a team full loads of scorers. rebounding, defend, set screens. if he does this 3 things then, we'll see playing time for japeth. he needs to toughen up. every team has tough big guys.
              Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                exactly. he needs to be a role player in a team full loads of scorers. rebounding, defend, set screens. if he does this 3 things then, we'll see playing time for japeth. he needs to toughen up. every team has tough big guys.
                That's all he need to do actually. Once he gets past that, his confidence will be on a different plane. It's more mental with him really. Suffice to say, he's just mentally weak that's why he can't be consistent.
                If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

That's all he need to do actually. Once he gets past that, his confidence will be on a different plane. It's more mental with him really. Suffice to say, he's just mentally weak that's why he can't be consistent.
                  Amen. If I see him personally I would recommend myself to be his resident psychologist - after I graduate - I'll just charge him with free tickets every game.

Comment

This toughen up thing job goes to assistant coach norman black. if japeth gets the inside presence of mac baracael who is no fear getting inside then, that's another story.

sigpic

Comment

• i'm going to channel my inner sol mercado here in saying that it's amazing how much japeth is (again) being talked about here...no love for lanete, macapagal, espinas who almost overcame a 25 point deficit? i guess despite brilliant performances by others it's still the (former) gilas players who ibn posters still follow huh...oh and sorry but doesn't japeth have his own thread?

Comment

• Japeth can improve well with Mr. Tim Cone... look at Sonny Thoss now comparing him before.

Or Yeng Giuao would be nice also...

Comment

• Originally posted by driller View Post
                          Japeth can improve well with Mr. Tim Cone... look at Sonny Thoss now comparing him before.

Or Yeng Giuao would be nice also...
                          so the debate will be, who among PBA coaches will improve japeth's game? coach yeng? coach tim? coach chot? coach siot?

sigpic

Comment

• i prefer yeng guiao para madevelop ung super mental toughness at angas
                            if he didnt survive oh well its a failure on japeth's side
                            sigpic
                            the Future!

Latest NBA Trades
                            NBA Boxscores
                            PBA Updates
                            PBA D-Leagues development
                            Boxing Latest Buzz
                            MMA's Head to Head Match up

Comment

• Originally posted by acklium View Post
                              i prefer yeng guiao para madevelop ung super mental toughness at angas
                              if he didnt survive oh well its a failure on japeth's side
                              kerby did learn toughness and angas from coach yeng. well sharma did improve under coach yeng.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by killmebusy View Post
                                i'm going to channel my inner sol mercado here in saying that it's amazing how much japeth is (again) being talked about here...no love for lanete, macapagal, espinas who almost overcame a 25 point deficit? i guess despite brilliant performances by others it's still the (former) gilas players who ibn posters still follow huh...oh and sorry but doesn't japeth have his own thread?
                                Ok..im going to defend Japeth again......I dont know why people keep on criticizing Japeth and putting a lot of blame on him....Alapag played the same minutes as Japeth and he only made 3 points (Japeth made 4 points with 2 rebounds and 2 blocks)...Why dont people criticise Alapag....Larry Fonacier played almost the same minutes as Japeth (Larry made 6 points but no blocks and I think the same number of rebounds as Japeth)....so how come people are not criticising Fonacier....so Japeth made a ho hum performance....big deal.....do people here always expect Japeth to make import-like production???

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information