This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Demetrios I. Soter View Post
    Fletcher Magee averaged 43.5% from 3point line (hole career) and he can shoot without dribbling. A thing Kilpatrick could not do.
    But you always don’t know how transferable US College performance to Euroleague level is, it´s always the big guess but to replace Lojeski as second/third SG it would be worth the risk as if you be lucky you have a damn good shooter.
    I would prefer not so many risks for next saison.
    I somehow don’t await Pappas back and in a form that he will have influence on the game after so long. When should he be healthy?
    I think you agree with me that we need a strong SG or better Combo Guard as I don’t believe Lekavicius will stay and a starting five Center in addition to transfers like Fletcher and Strelnieks if our ambitions are to reach the final 4. We should be realistic; without such transfers the chances are very small. Hope for better times as I said if Pitino stays, I think we have some chances for good transfers.
    pitino said that he wants a bigger budget if he is to stay,cause he wants to win the euroleague,not just try to reach the f4.
    lekavicius will not stay. he will probably go back to zalgiris. strelnieks would be a good choice to replace him,already rumours he has agreed with the team,but its logical nothing to be official just yet until season and his contract with olympiakos expires at june 30th. i would not be happy if he comes for starting sg. we need american that can create score for himself and drive to the basket. pappas will come back around the start of the next season. i guess he might even catch up with preseason. but his injury is serious,he has suffered again (the other leg) and he needs time. so keeping langford would be ok cause he wont be so expensive and we know what to expect.

of course we need a big guy. gist earns 900K/year. i think his prime has passed and the team needs to move forward and get a good center.mickey is good,black is good,davies is good. all these guys might cost 1.2-1.5/year. last season we gave more to gist+lasme+payne. gist could stay with half of the money he earns now as a tweener at 4-5 and maybe keep vougioukas too. if we dont keep gist we need another tweener and i would go for another more expensive guy without keeping vougioukas. daniel theiss is the ideal but i dont think it would be possible to bring him back from the nba

Comment

• Originally posted by saras View Post
      pitino said that he wants a bigger budget if he is to stay,cause he wants to win the euroleague,not just try to reach the f4.
      lekavicius will not stay. he will probably go back to zalgiris. strelnieks would be a good choice to replace him,already rumours he has agreed with the team,but its logical nothing to be official just yet until season and his contract with olympiakos expires at june 30th. i would not be happy if he comes for starting sg. we need american that can create score for himself and drive to the basket. pappas will come back around the start of the next season. i guess he might even catch up with preseason. but his injury is serious,he has suffered again (the other leg) and he needs time. so keeping langford would be ok cause he wont be so expensive and we know what to expect.

of course we need a big guy. gist earns 900K/year. i think his prime has passed and the team needs to move forward and get a good center.mickey is good,black is good,davies is good. all these guys might cost 1.2-1.5/year. last season we gave more to gist+lasme+payne. gist could stay with half of the money he earns now as a tweener at 4-5 and maybe keep vougioukas too. if we dont keep gist we need another tweener and i would go for another more expensive guy without keeping vougioukas. daniel theiss is the ideal but i dont think it would be possible to bring him back from the nba
      Yes, I also heard that in the last press conference, if he stays, he wants to build for winning the euroleague. But the last word to achieve that has DPG, because without a budget increase you should not even talk about the ambition to reach the F4. Everything can happen in sports, but the declaration of having ambitions for the finals can only be announced through more budget, if you have player material that can do this realistically compared to Fener, Real, CSKA, your team should be better as all the other 12 teams to say that. It will be interesting to see what happens because now it`s a special time for Pana as they probably found a coach after Obradovic who can accomplish something great again. Somehow I doubt that Pitino stays for a longer time when his whole family is in the USA.

Here is an article that states the following Transfer Constellation of Pana:
      Sloukas, Brandon Davies, Adrien Moerman, Vladimir Micov

keep Langford and Thomas
      plus: another ace

source
      Έβδομη στη σειρά χρονιά που ο άλλοτε κυρίαρχος της Ευρώπης Παναθηναϊκός θα δει το Final Four από την τηλεόραση. Σίγουρα δεν φταίει μόνο ο Ανάδρομος Ερμής...
      Last edited by Demetrios I. Soter; 04-27-2019, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• Lekavičius IN Žalgiris 98%. There are even rumours about 3 year contract that's already signed. Žalgiris is also interested in Goss situation, because even if he has 2 more years on his contract, OLY faced big financial problems. There are information, that Žalgiris signed one foreigner bigman, and the only name, that has seen sun light is Landale. Maybe he will replace Kavaliauskas. We are trying to sign Kuzminskas, but they say, that he has other options for 1M ?! How... Who can pay that to Kuz?

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information