Going to Ljubljana !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to Ljubljana !!!

I´m going there from 18-27 if everything goes ok, i´d like to know what is worth to visit over there, because i wont have much spare time once im there so i just want to know which things i cant miss.

Museums, monuments, buildings, parks... it doesnt matter

Thanks guys

Originally posted by Useless View Post
    I´m going there from 18-27 if everything goes ok, i´d like to know what is worth to visit over there, because i wont have much spare time once im there so i just want to know which things i cant miss.

Museums, monuments, buildings, parks... it doesnt matter

Thanks guys
    be prepared to pay vinjete slovenians will explain
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Travel Cost

i haven't been there but I guess you need an extra pocket money. Better to have excess rather than limited..
      Learn how to increase vertical jump
      Vertical Program
      Jump higher basketball

Comment

Money is not a problem in my case, but im curious to know what is a vinjete

I just want to know what is a must see cause i wont have much spare time there, but thank you guys

Comment

I've heard from friends that have visited that it is beautiful. Have fun, don't be useless.

Stuart
          http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
          http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
          http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

Does only Ljubljana counts or do you want to see some other Slovenian sightseeings?

I suggest you to see the page:
            Uradno spletno mesto Ljubljane in regije Osrednja Slovenija, z informacijami o znamenitostih, prireditvah, rezervacijah hotelov, ogledih, izletih ...

Comment

Thanks Stane, useful webpage !!!!!!

Only Ljubljana counts because i have to work over there I´ve been reading lately a lot about Slovenia and its a shame that i wont be able to visit more places, anyway, im sure iit wont be the last time ill visit that beautiful country

Comment

Here you go dude i answered the same question to a poster on a nother forum, he also wanted to know where to find Slovenian cooking and shopping in Ljubljana:

Originally posted by Question
                To all the Slovenian posters on here, I have a question that's sort of off topic

I heard Slovenia was a very nice country. How would an American enjoy vacationing in cities like Piran and Ljubljana?

I'm trying to think of countries to visit and Slovenia seems like an interesting place so can you tell me about...

-Attractions
                -Shopping
                -Dining
                -Interesting cities to visit

and anything else?

Thank you
                Originally posted by answer
                Well funny you should ask this right now. Some distant relatives from the US just came to visit a week ago. The initially planed to stay in Slovenia only 2 days so to say hallo to everyone and then head to Croatia to one of the islands.
                But after they came to Ljubljana they fell in love with the place and stayed 5 days but then really had to leave, yet they say next time they come it will be for longer.
                I personally think that Slovenia is great for a week as far as attractions go, nights at Ljubljanica thats the old part of town are simply great, and then you have 1 day for Bled one day for Bohinj 1 day for Piran and Portoroz, 1 day for Postojna and 1 day for Kranjska Gora, those i would say are the main places i would want to visite. However if had a bit more time i would also want to visite Bovec for sure. Venice and Vienna are only around 4h drive tops, Verona around 5 so there is that.
                http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages ... 132?ref=ts
                A nice page on FB about Slovenia with great photos and descriptions.

Dining in Ljubljana should be great there are tone of restaurants to choose from with all kinds of food
                and the average price per person with drinks should be around 10€.
                Originally posted by question
                Alright I'll research all of these, thanks for the list

Ljubljanica
                Bled
                Bohinj
                Piran
                Portoroz
                Bovec
                Postojna
                Kranjska Gora

I have two more questions, what are some traditional Slovenian types of cuisine and where are the upscale shopping districts located at throughout Slovenia?
                Originally posted by answer
                Well here are a few restaurants of the top of my head that serve i would say some traditional Slovenian meals. They are all located in the center of Ljubljana. The sites are in English so don't worry:
                the best one but the most expensive: http://www.privodniku.si/ENG/index.html

Restaurant Sokol (Gostilna Sokol) opened in 1870. Serving Slovenian indigenous cuisine. Eagel (name of restaurant) has become a tourist attraction, and it is also dedicated in its catering. We serve various domestic delicacies, starting with a glass of domestic spirit.

The upscale shopping is also available in Ljubljan's city center in and around it. The biggest shopping centers however are BTC and Rudnik(Supernova) there are a lot of stores there, but can get a bit too crowded...

Also some tidbits about Slovenia which i suppose i would enjoy if i were a tourist here: the people are very nice, almost everybody speaks English very well and Ljubljana is the safes capital in the world.
                A study was also done and 30 cellphones were deliberately placed in public places in 30 or was is 50 world capitals. Then they noted how many were found and returned to the police, Ljubljana returned 29 out of 30 and ranked first on the list.
                My homage to The heroes:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFlzU14Ivs

Comment

I'll be in Ljubljana probably in November. Any suggestions, good club or pub, good place to eat or some great fast-food stand?
                  I need some real suggestions, not from some tourist propaganda web sights.
                  Is there any good kafana?

Comment

I read a review of train travel Venice to Ljubljana - a 4hr journey - is it possible to do this in the reverse? ie Ljubljana to Venice without going via Austria. Do you have suggestion to party in the city centre? and what about dinner? shall we book a table or is it possible to find a table withouth booking? we are looking for a simple dinner, nothing important.
                    holiday accommodation melbourne

Comment

I will suggest you some place of Ljubljana party and dinner.
                      -Bachus
                      -Cutty Sark
                      -Global
                      -Guinness Pub
                      -Klub K4
                      -Jazz Club Gajo
                      -Klub K4
                      -Le Petit Cafe
                      -Lepa Zoga
                      -Macek
                      -Orto Bar
                      -Patrick's
                      -Piwnica Kratochwill
                      -Raggamuffin
                      -Raggamuffin
                      -Skeleton Bar
                      -Slamic KavaCaj.
                      Sharm El Sheikh holidays

Comment

I heard that Ljubljana has a wonderful water treatment plant that you can tour.
                        "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

be sure not to miss a hot dog day in lepa zoga - hot dogs (w frankfurts or sausages) are served every WEDNESDAY in the morning (they're usually out of hot dogs before 2 in the afternoon so be sure to come early).
                          also it's a sport bar, so you can go there and watch a game of your favorite team.

also lepa zoga is very close to park tivoli, which is a nice place to walk around and of course, hala tivoli is just nearby so you can catch union olimpija practicing in the morning.

when it comes to fast food, my favourite fast food is AJDA and it can be found either on the opposite side of the train/bus station or couple of blocks down to the direction of centre of the town (presernov trg) on the left side of slovenska cesta (if you walk by the slovenska cesta from the train station). you can also find great sandwiches at smith's, which is a couple of minutes away from ajda and usually closes at 2 or 3 in the afternoon.

last but not least, the best bosnian food in town is served in stepanjsko naselje, the name of the place is 10 u pol (deset u pol). if you don't feel like taking a bus or a cab from the center of the town (i'd say it's a 5-6 € trip by cab) you can go to harambasa, which also serves bosnian food. it's located in trnovo, very close (behind) the university of architecture. it's owned by a very famous slovenian-bosnian sport therapeutist.

almost forgot, the best pizza in ljubljana is imo served in garaza, which is in rudnik, on the left side of dolenjska cesta. not far away from the center (also maybe not a walking distance), but just like 10 u pol, worth it! you can search for it on the facebook.

as for the restaurants and reservations - it depends, some of the fancier places might require a reservation, but i think it's mostly on weekends. but you shouldn't have a problem finding a table in a nice place even during the weekends.

kafana - the centre of ljubljana (which you will find is very small) is full of those, although it's mostly fancy-stylish places full of posh people which i normally despise. you can look for the bar cezar, which is close to the train station just by the stock exchange building. a fine place to have a couple of drinks (too many). there are more like it, you just need to walk around a bit and find one you like.

partying - i'd say ljubljana is not a very good party town but anyway; it also depends of what kind of stuff you're into. go to TOP for cocktails and cheesy house/commercial music and i think you can also have a dinner there. club bachus is similar to top only worse and same goes for kms (klub mariborskih studentov). there's only one proper club in ljubljana, it's called K4 and you can go there to listen mostly electronica. also there are pubs/bars like orto bar, cutty sark and so on.
                          i'd say the go-to zone just to go out and have a couple of drinks would be the area around ljubljanica river, starting at the market and follow the river upstream. lots of places to sit and have fun.

benjaminn - visiting venice from ljubljana is not a problem, it takes a 2-3 hours by car and you don't have to go through austria. i don't know about other forms of transport; maybe train is an option but i normally don't recommend it because i have bad experience with trains in slovenia.

let me know if you guys need any specific information concerning the fast food /asian/takeaway joints.

oh yeah, and if you wanted to go play some ball, it could be arranged too. let me know.
                          Last edited by iznogud; 09-07-2010, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information