No announcement yet.

Average Male Height By Country Updated (official data)Scientific research:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never thought Scandinavian dudes ( Denmark, Sweden, Norway ) are so tall. Pity basketball isn't popular there, so much height is wasted

BTW, it's interesting to check the height distribution of IBN-ers .

Comment

By the way, wikipedia now says that average Lithuanian male height is 1.813 m.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiziken_pinas View Post
        I'm 5'4, 5'6 with shoes.... is that short in your standards guys?
        2in of shoes? wow.
        5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
          2in of shoes? wow.
          He forgot to mention that he likes to play basketball while wearing high heels

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
            He forgot to mention that he likes to play basketball while wearing high heels
            LMAO

Thanks Khalid80,you made my day.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
              2in of shoes? wow.
              I put a silicon pad (dunno what it's called) every time I wear shoes....

That explains the two inches ^_^

Either way though, I'm still short.

Are western girls (esp Turkish,Lebanese girls) taller than me?

Comment

Originally posted by kaiziken_pinas View Post
                I put a silicon pad (dunno what it's called) every time I wear shoes....

That explains the two inches ^_^

Either way though, I'm still short.

Are western girls (esp Turkish,Lebanese girls) taller than me?
                you could find girl in france or italy
                Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Im really surprised to see that the Dutchs are the tallest people in the world.
                  I really thought that the US or Scandinavian would be the tallest. Im dutch and my height is 196 cm, thats 7cm taller than my father. I always used to be the tallest in class, but there were alot of boys with a height of 175cm+ .

Comment

Originally posted by RedSide View Post
                    You're short not because your mom in from Bosnia but because you just are.
                    Well, this is probably true

Also, Herzegovina is IN Bosnia so they're the same people.
                    Wrong, Bosnia and Herzegovina are two different regions... The smaller part in this map is Herzegovina:

In actuality the average Bosnian isn't even close to much smaller than Herzegovinians. The average height all over Bosnia is 6'1"(generally all over the former Yugoslav area), which is the same in Herzegovina.
                    I can only speak about my own experience... In central Bosnia (Sarajevo) this could likely be true, but in northern parts people are smaller...

Most of Bosnia is covered by the Dinaric alps(about 95%).
                    Wrong, it's more like 70%, since the north of Bosnia is located in Panonia... Herzegovina has Neretva valley (this green part on south) but it's mostly located in Dinarid mountains...

Montenegrins wouldn't be that tall, since they have much less alps relative to size compared to the other Yugo countries.
                    Montenegro is almost entirely located on Dinaric Alps, only exception is south-eastern part...

I changed my signature, now it says something completely different!

Comment

Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post
                      i read somwere In France evrey 50 000 male is above 2meters, in Split evrey 50 male is over 2meters, every 3rd male is 190....

basketball is very unfair Sport indeed. those who are taller, who jump higher, who run faster have huge starting advatage......rhere are some short or slow guys playing at high level, but hey just pruve point....

So let's see larger picture and concetrate on PG....Acording to this there are towns in balkans Like Split, Mostar, Podgorica etc...where evry third male has potetial, at least by height, to play basketball...........

That's, imho, a bit of an overstatement. Never been to Pogorica, but throughout coastal towns and later Bosnian ones, being 192cm felt the same as it does in Vilnius or Kaunas - a bit taller than average.

Comment

Originally posted by pablonis View Post
                        That's, imho, a bit of an overstatement. Never been to Pogorica, but throughout coastal towns and later Bosnian ones, being 192cm felt the same as it does in Vilnius or Kaunas - a bit taller than average.
                        in croatia? i am pretty sure that you misplaced italians for local people
                        Last edited by rikhardur; 08-05-2011, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pablonis View Post
                          Same feeling here. I have worked intensively throughout all the former Yugoslavia (except FYROM) so I have been to all mayor cities in the Serbia, Montenegro, BiH, Croatia and Slovenia and I feel smaller in the Netherlands than in ex Yu.

I have heard that story regarding Trebinje, in Hercegovina, Split and Podgorica...

P.S. Checking the net: -as reliable as it might be- Average for the Dinaric Alps region is 178 cm (only men). Average for Sweden 181 cm, average for the Netherlands 183. Average for Spain 175 cm.
                          Last edited by Frosties; 08-05-2011, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frosties View Post
                            Same feeling here. I have worked intensively throughout all the former Yugoslavia (except FYROM) so I have been to all mayor cities in the Serbia, Montenegro, BiH, Croatia and Slovenia and I feel smaller in the Netherlands than in ex Yu.

I have heard that story regarding Trebinje, in Hercegovina, Split and Podgorica...

P.S. Checking the net: -as reliable as it might be- Average for the Dinaric Alps region is 178 cm (only men). Average for Sweden 181 cm, average for the Netherlands 183. Average for Spain 175 cm.
                            source?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height

Comment

Originally posted by euskadi View Post
                              I have read that article and some source of criticism was the fact that it was an a priory selection. It is not a total but a partial view:

^ a b Pineau JC, Delamarche P, Bozinovic S (September 2005). "[Average height of adolescents in the Dinaric Alps"] (in French). C. R. Biol. 328 (9): 841–6. doi:10.1016/j.crvi.2005.07.004. PMID 16168365.. Note: Authors added +1 cm to the height mean of the male sample to compensate unfinished growth.

This will not lead anywhere, believe me...

Comment

Originally posted by Frosties View Post
                                I have read that article and some source of criticism was the fact that it was an a priory selection. It is not a total but a partial view:

^ a b Pineau JC, Delamarche P, Bozinovic S (September 2005). "[Average height of adolescents in the Dinaric Alps"] (in French). C. R. Biol. 328 (9): 841–6. doi:10.1016/j.crvi.2005.07.004. PMID 16168365.. Note: Authors added +1 cm to the height mean of the male sample to compensate unfinished growth.

This will not lead anywhere, believe me...
                                ok. but 178? are you serious?

one example.in last football championship tallest teams are serbia and slovenia, around 185 cm. croatian football team is around 185 cm. in every handball championship croatia is tallest team with biggest number of players taller then 2m. in last waterpolo championship croatian team is tallest. we have tallest tenniser karlovic ( 208cm ). in top 10 tallest tenniser are also cilic (196 ) and before ancic (195 ) ljubicic is 193. same with slovenia, serbia and montenegro

pretty big athletes for one small nation i dont beleve that average people was lot smaler then athletes. i am 188 cm tall and i was always among shorter kids in class

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information