Rookie of the Year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rookie of the Year?

With arguably one of the best rookie classes ever, who will it be this year?
    Rose, Bulls
    0%
    Beasley, Heat
    0%
    Oden, Blazers
    0%
    Gasol, Grizzlies
    0%
    Bayless, Blazers
    0%
    Love, Wolves
    0%
    Greene, Kings
    0%
    Gordon, Clippers
    0%
    Fernandez, Blazers
    0%
    Speights, 76ers
    0%
    Randolph, Warriors
    0%
    Westbrook, Thunder
    0%
    Mayo, Grizzlies
    0%
    Augustine, Bobcats
    0%
    Someone else
    0%
    aim low, score high

I voted for Oden, but I'm honestly not so sure. He's been away from basketball for so long...Fernandez could be great as well.
    "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

A guy named Derick Rose that is Windy city's PG for years to come. Hinrich's days are numbered and he needs a new team anyway; MAVS.

Comment

I voted for Beasley.

Comment

There are many great candidates for this years' Rookie of the Year.
          I personally chose Derick Rose.
          It will be close between Rose, Beasley, and Oden imo.
          Rudy will be a great player but I'm not sure if he will have a direct impact from his first season in the NBA.
          I also really hope that Haddadi plays well in his rookie season and proves to everyone that the level of Asian Basketball is up to the level and that there are great players from Asia other than Yao Ming.

Comment

Originally posted by LordOfLeyte
            A guy named Derick Rose that is Windy city's PG for years to come. Hinrich's days are numbered and he needs a new team anyway; MAVS.
            actually you are right, mavs are the perfect fit for kirk, his body type and skill set are almost the same as jason kidd but he lacks jason's athleticism, street smarts and gary payton's feistyness.

Comment

i voted for beasley, theres goin to be some tough competition for this award but beasley is probably gooin to have a bigger role for his team this year than any other rookie

Comment

A close call between Michael Beasley and Derrick Rose but I would pick Rose over Beasley. Beasley had Dwyane Wade and Shawn Marion to share the limelight with in Miami, not a good pair to be with if you're aiming to win the ROY plum.
                For latest PBA news and updates, check

http://pbanews.blogspot.com/

Comment

Oden.

TURN-AROUND.

Comment

Fernandez, but, well... It's nothing rational here...
                    I don't know teams enough to make a real good pick.
                    It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Rudy!

Comment

ROY is often given to the player with better stats even if he is in a losing team so i vote for Mayo.
                      In the Blazers i'd pick Oden ahead of Rudy.
                      Originally posted by FIBA Europe Basket
                      You are a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by penzias
                        ROY is often given to the player with better stats even if he is in a losing team so i vote for Mayo.
                        That's usually the case, yes. It's very easy for a good rookie on a bad team to get big statistics. Think Kevin Durant. He's going to be a good player, but on a better team, he wouldn't have had such great numbers. I guess that's pretty obvious.
                        In the Blazers i'd pick Oden ahead of Rudy.
                        Either way, the Blazers have the best rookie prospects with Oden and Rudy. They're really lucky.
                        "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Originally posted by mvblair
                          Either way, the Blazers have the best rookie prospects with Oden and Rudy. They're really lucky.
                          Another rookie Bayless was the MVP of the Vegas Summer League.
                          aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball

yeah, I think he's a sleeper for the ROY award... he played very well in the summer league.

the Blazers landed a pair of very talented rookies this year, and having Oden improves their frontcourt. I think Portland is putting up a team which can compete now and contend in the future.
                            "Numbers are funny. They can measure you. Time you. Analyze you all they want. But they all knew what really matters – It's how you play the game."

- One Tree Hill

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball
                              Good point! You're right.

I still think the Blazers are too young to make a big impact in the NBA. I'm not even sure they'll make the play-offs.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information