Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warehouse worker destroys LeBron...

at H-O-R-S-E...

Shown here at some trick shot challenge sponsored by Cub Cadet — your number one stop for premium outdoor power equipment — smiles David Kalb, a warehouse worker from La Habra, California and LeBron James, a four-time NBA All-Star and Olympic gold medalist. I assume you know who's who.

Kalb, left (you're welcome), won an online contest — thanks to this ridiculous shot — to play H-O-R-S-E against LeBron at Venice Beach yesterday. Like an '07 Spurs team, Kalb destroyed The King.

"Kalb's bag of trick shots including one where he bounced the ball very high in the lane, raced around the goal post, caught the ball as it came down, and tossed it in the basket. James missed his try, and after losing the first game, declared best two-of-three. Each made, among other shots, left-handed free throws, but Kalb went on to win the second game as well.

After he missed his final shot, James tossed the ball away in mock anger."

Marcel at SLAM thinks this beach exhibition is precisely why stars no longer want to take part in All-Star Saturday night festivities like the dunk contest or H-O-R-S-E, which the NBA is contemplating adding: "LeBron loses to a nobody in September and it makes national headlines; just imagine what he'd have to go through if he lost with millions of eyeballs tuning in."

Yeah, that, and H-O-R-S-E sucks to watch.

Video of the uninspiring contest, after the jump right here.

LeHype?! LeBrick?! LeChoke?!

Ball don`t lie, definitely!
    sigpic
    ACB league
    Scola & Ginobili 4 life
    TAU & Lakers supporter
    need4sheed.com

Amusing, but means nothing.

HORSE and basketball are two different things. Some guy can learn a few trick shots and take out any NBA player. Just like there are guys that can beat NBA players at slam dunk contests, but that doesn't mean they can ball.

That or the Cavs will be dropping the King for some warehouse worker.

Comment

Originally posted by Czarkazem13
      Amusing, but means nothing.

HORSE and basketball are two different things. Some guy can learn a few trick shots and take out any NBA player. Just like there are guys that can beat NBA players at slam dunk contests, but that doesn't mean they can ball.

That or the Cavs will be dropping the King for some warehouse worker.

I agree, and even Daniel Gibson can beat LeBron in a Game of Horse. It doesn't guarantee that Gibson is going to be the Cavaliers Best Player.

Pete Maravich was also good at Horse, but his team was one of the worst team in the NBA in the 1970's, and he never lead an NBA team in the NBA Finals.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebron23
        I agree, and even Daniel Gibson can beat LeBron in a Game of Horse. It doesn't guarantee that Gibson is going to be the Cavaliers Best Player.

Pete Maravich was also good at Horse, but his team was one of the worst team in the NBA in the 1970's, and he never lead an NBA team in the NBA Finals.
        Yeah, but to be fair to Pistol Pete, he was one of the greatest b-ballers of all time. If you are familiar with the NFL, he kinda' reminds me of the NBA's version of Archie Manning (father of Eli and Peyton). He was great but always on lousy teams.

Comment

Well, anyway, I saw that on youtube, it was very nice to watch! that guy had some good imagination!
          Last edited by damelo; 09-11-2008, 12:39 PM.
          It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Rudy!

Comment

Originally posted by damelo
            Well, anyway, I saw that on youtube, it was very nice to watch? that guy had some good imagination!
            Yeah, I thought his moves were very creative, very fun (except for his standard three-point shots, which LBJ also missed). Obviously this guy is not as good a ball player as James, but he's great at what he does. H-O-R-S-E is a fun basketball game, isn't it? Congratulations to David Kalb for winning!
            "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

That guy could make a lot of money with his skills. Unfortunately, teams and companies are more willing to invest in a real basketball star than a showman.
              For latest PBA news and updates, check

http://pbanews.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information