Tallest players ever by country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
    I know about the story behind him, but he played for your NT and he was raised in Greece.
    I hear ya, but he still remains a georgian in my eyes
    He came in greece when he was 14 or 15 as a swimmer, so he was hardly raised in greece either
    He just "studied" basketball (not an A+ student as you may recall ) in greece.

The only mistake was that he played for our NT..... our eyes paid already a painful price for that mistake

How much more you think we have to be punished for that?

Comment

Bumping up this thread: Freddy Asprilla (6'10") of Colombia. After stints at Florida International, Miami-Dade JC, and Kansas State, he now plays for Canisius College.
      Keep running, big boy.

Comment

Originally posted by kerouac82 View Post
        Bumping up this thread: Freddy Asprilla (6'10") of Colombia. After stints at Florida International, Miami-Dade JC, and Kansas State, he now plays for Canisius College.
        I remember an even taller Colombian player: Álvaro Teherán, a 7’1’’ (2.15) center, second-round draft pick in 1991 by the Philadelphia 76ers. He never played an NBA game but he spent some time with ACB teams (Malaga, Fuenlabrada).

Comment

Thanks for the input guys.
          Added Álvaro Teherán for Colombia at 2.16m (sources here, here and here).
          Thanks JRS
          Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
          Artificial Nature

Comment

Egypt

former ahli player amro abdellah 225 cm and smouha"s player hammad fathelbab 223 cm

Comment

Originally posted by soliman View Post
              Egypt

former ahli player amro abdellah 225 cm and smouha"s player hammad fathelbab 223 cm
              Got any links to both of them soliman? Couldn't find anything
              Artificial Nature

Comment

Added Edy Walter Tavares for Cape Verde.
                Artificial Nature

Comment

Indonesia, Suparwono. 242 cm

Comment

Originally posted by Hardy View Post
                    Indonesia, Suparwono. 242 cm
                    We discussed him in the previous pages. He didn't play any sort of organised basketball.
                    Artificial Nature

Comment

Adonal Foyle, from Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, was a 2.08 center with a 12-years NBA career. I’ve no idea, however, if he was the tallest Vincentian player ever (he’s the only one I know).

Comment

Originally posted by JRS Bonnet View Post
                        Adonal Foyle, from Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, was a 2.08 center with a 12-years NBA career. I’ve no idea, however, if he was the tallest Vincentian player ever (he’s the only one I know).
                        Added
                        Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by Fearless View Post
                          Patrick Ewing is listed as 7 feet (2,13 metres) on wiki, and I believe he counts as a Jamaican
                          Roy Hibbert is taller
                          Like Weird Al? You'll love Bobio: http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...obiolover&aq=f

Comment

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
                            Roy Hibbert is taller
                            Quite right Added him.
                            Artificial Nature

Comment

madmax

Friends, do anyone has the complete list of tallest players by country or we at least put in top 100 tallest basketball players. I believe there is more of them. unknown wonders. like for example a serbian at 7'6, has a youtube clip and he is not vranes.

Comment

Originally posted by jepoy View Post
                                Friends, do anyone has the complete list of tallest players by country or we at least put in top 100 tallest basketball players. I believe there is more of them. unknown wonders. like for example a serbian at 7'6, has a youtube clip and he is not vranes.
                                The question is if he has played bbll at a somewhat high level, otherwise shouldn't be i the list.

BTW i see there's no chilean yet, not sure if there was any taller but Patricio Briones (2.12) is the only one i can remember.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information