6. Serbia

7. Brazil

8. Argentina

9. Croatia

10. Nigeria

11. Venezuela

12. China

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ummer-olympics
    Read it. Looks like a total moron wrote it. Lets count each team number of NBA players and voila, there you have the realative strength of the team

Comment

• Australia is awful lol
      UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Srle View Post
        Australia is awful lol
        I agree. I don't understand why everyone always overrates them.
        They never do anything in these tournaments.
        Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

• Originally posted by vuxsa View Post
          Read it. Looks like a total moron wrote it. Lets count each team number of NBA players and voila, there you have the realative strength of the team
          That sums it up alright.

Comment

• Originally posted by usagre View Post
            The thing is they only play series with New Zealand to qualify for big tournaments. Of course in few years they could be in the upper echelon with Simmons,Exum and some of their other talented players, but right now they are not that good, average at best.
            UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
              Yeah just seen it. As soon as I saw Sabonis and Jankunas in same tier with Bogdanovic and Teodosic, I stopped reading. Also using NBA2K ratings to rate players, that is just

I thought about this. If i put Teodosic with NBA stars in one tier, that would be unfair, because he is not playing together. Also he is weak in defence. He is playing with europeans. This is lower level. Then i got to include Rodriguez, Heurtel, Bogdanovic and probably more players in to one tier. So why are they not playing in NBA? So i gave only two points for all european stars. I think, Sabonis and Jankunas, they are good players and they do belong to the one tier. Sabonis 2k17 rate is 72, 2k15 Jankunas - 72-74 (15.5 EFF in 2015/2016 Euroleague season), Teodosic - 76 (17.7 EFF), Bogdanovic (12.5 EFF), Bjelica - 72. If i put Sabonis and Jankunas in to lower tier, this would mean they the same level as players from south America or Australia, playing in local weaker leagues. Sabonis is playing great, also like Hernangomez or Abrines (NBA carrers). They are worth to be together in european star level. Well, im trying to be objective for all national teams. what to do with Kalnietis? He has only 1.5 points, but he provide good playing for Lithuania and that is worth more points, but my counts are based on statistics, except high level NBA players. He is lower level than Teodosic. If i gave 1.5 for Kalnietis and 2.5 points for teodosic, that would be realy unfair. And Maciulis with 1.5 points and 54 Eff in game against Georgia.

NBA stars are more worthy than Europeans stars, but many NBA players does not mean that this roster will be better than team with just one NBA player. Check Serbia with 20 points and just 1 NBA player and check Brazil with 5 NBA players and only 18 points. Another thing, i use 2K ratings just to be sure i put NBA players in to right tiers. For instance, Calderon plays 28 min per game, but he has only 72-73 2K rating. Nicola Jokic plays only 20 min per game, but he has 77 2K rating. Jokic is realy better level than veteran Calderon. So i gave 2.5 points for Jokic, and 2 points for Calderon.
              Last edited by IronUnion; 07-30-2016, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronUnion View Post
                I thought about this. If i put Teodosic with NBA stars in one tier, that would be unfair, because he is not playing together. Also he is weak in defence. He is playing with europeans. This is lower level. Then i got to include Rodriguez, Heurtel, Bogdanovic and probably more players in to one tier. So why are they not playing in NBA? So i gave only two points for all european stars. I think, Sabonis and Jankunas, they are good players and they do belong to the one tier. Sabonis 2k17 rate is 72, 2k15 Jankunas - 72-74 (15.5 EFF in 2015/2016 Euroleague season), Teodosic - 76 (17.7 EFF), Bogdanovic (12.5 EFF), Bjelica - 72. If i put Sabonis and Jankunas in to lower tier, this would mean they the same level as players from south America or Australia, playing in local weaker leagues. Sabonis is playing great, also like Hernangomez or Abrines (NBA carrers). They are worth to be together in european star level. Well, im trying to be objective for all national teams. what to do with Kalnietis? He has only 1.5 points, but he provide good playing for Lithuania and that is worth more points, but my counts are based on statistics, except high level NBA players. He is lower level than Teodosic. If i gave 1.5 for Kalnietis and 2.5 points for teodosic, that would be realy unfair. And Maciulis with 1.5 points and 54 Eff in game against Georgia.

NBA stars are more worthy than Europeans stars, but many NBA players does not mean that this roster will be better than team with just one NBA player. Check Serbia with 20 points and just 1 NBA player and check Brazil with 5 NBA players and only 18 points. Another thing, i use 2K ratings just to be sure i put NBA players in to right tiers. For instance, Calderon plays 28 min per game, but he has only 72-73 2K rating. Nicola Jokic plays only 20 min per game, but he has 77 2K rating. Jokic is realy better level than veteran Calderon. So i gave 2.5 points for Jokic, and 2 points for Calderon.
                Teodosic doesn't want to play in NBA unless it's his choice and under his terms. He has refused NBA offers for last 5 years. Every year they want him. Bogdanovic is going next year to Sacramento. Smart to hold out for bigger contract and not to play in Phoenix in that backfield.

Using video game rating is ridiculous. Also being in NBA is not always the right representation of current skill level of a player. Sabonis is a player WITH ZERO SERIOUS basketball games in the professional waters. He was given a rating based on what? His play at Gonzaga? This is just laughable. Also I repeat, ranking teams based only on player quality, rather then how they play together is not the way to go.

We can agree on a tier system for players something like this:

Tier 1 - NBA All-Pro Megastars (Top 6-7 players in NBA like Durant, Curry, LeBron, Westbrook etc...)
                Tier 2 - NBA All-Stars (rest of NBA all star level players)
                Tier 3 - Quality NBA Starters + Euroleague superstars
                Tier 4 - NBA Role Players + Euroleague all stars
                Tier 5 - NBA Scrubs and Rookies + Euroleague Starters + Youngsters/High Upside guys
                Tier 6 - The rest

Something like that, and then rank players not based on their 2k ratings, or retarded things like PER. Think about their real quality, how they are suited for FIBA play, system they play in, coaches etc. etc. Then rank the teams. Teodosic cannot be mentioned in the same sentence with Sabonis or Jankunas, maybe some years down the line we can talk about it. Now, it's laughable.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
                  Teodosic doesn't want to play in NBA unless it's his choice and under his terms. He has refused NBA offers for last 5 years. Every year they want him. Bogdanovic is going next year to Sacramento. Smart to hold out for bigger contract and not to play in Phoenix in that backfield.

Using video game rating is ridiculous. Also being in NBA is not always the right representation of current skill level of a player. Sabonis is a player WITH ZERO SERIOUS basketball games in the professional waters. He was given a rating based on what? His play at Gonzaga? This is just laughable. Also I repeat, ranking teams based only on player quality, rather then how they play together is not the way to go.

We can agree on a tier system for players something like this:

Tier 1 - NBA All-Pro Megastars (Top 6-7 players in NBA like Durant, Curry, LeBron, Westbrook etc...)
                  Tier 2 - NBA All-Stars (rest of NBA all star level players)
                  Tier 3 - Quality NBA Starters + Euroleague superstars
                  Tier 4 - NBA Role Players + Euroleague all stars
                  Tier 5 - NBA Scrubs and Rookies + Euroleague Starters + Youngsters/High Upside guys
                  Tier 6 - The rest

Something like that, and then rank players not based on their 2k ratings, or retarded things like PER. Think about their real quality, how they are suited for FIBA play, system they play in, coaches etc. etc. Then rank the teams. Teodosic cannot be mentioned in the same sentence with Sabonis or Jankunas, maybe some years down the line we can talk about it. Now, it's laughable.
                  Thanks. I will remake that in one week. If this is closer to the reality, but i cannot overvalue european stars, because USA will crush europeans by 20-40 points

Comment

• Why Teodosić ranking higher than the Kalnietis? Kalnietis all mutual duels won against Teodosić, even more in the last official tournament Kalnietis statistics are better.

Comment

• Originally posted by G&B View Post
                      Why Teodosić ranking higher than the Kalnietis? Kalnietis all mutual duels won against Teodosić, even more in the last official tournament Kalnietis statistics are better.
                      You are joking, right?
                      "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

• Now I even don't know what's worse. G&B with his rankings and similar stuff or people still reacting to it

Comment

• Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                          Now I even don't know what's worse. G&B with his rankings and similar stuff or people still reacting to it
                          Ou common, G&B is what? 12? 14? How clever was you at that age? Wait 10 more years and he will be rational young man. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wVCK-CV5do

Comment

• Originally posted by usagre View Post
                            I still would not sleep on the Boomers. Ingles was missing from the NT for a while but is back and of course Bogut just came back. Do I need to mention Delly?
                            Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
                            2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
                            Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

Comment

• I feel the Boomers will do what they always do, just make the knock out stage and put up a respectable fight against what ever 1st seed comes out of the other group. The only good thing for them is that they're guaranteed not to play the US in that knockout game for once.
                              Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

• Australia is capable of beating every team other than the USA. The problem is they are also probably capable of losing to every team in the tournament (although they'd beat China, Venezuela and Nigeria most times that they play them). They are also unlikely to consistently beat good teams, which you have to do if you want to medal. Hopefully Simmons, Exum, Maker, etc. will eventually lift the team to a new level.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information