Serbian NT 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
    In order to call me out, you need to quote me first. I have no idea when you are referring to me, so please, quote me first. And today is the first time you quoted me, get your facts straight. Your claims? Those are silly, emotional outbursts, I can’t argue with that. Go back and read my posts about Marjanović case, I said everything that needed to be said about that.

I almost forgot, can you please elaborate when was that other time I spread „bullshit“ and „misinformation“? Everything I write here about NT is based on the words of our coaching stuff (basically, when you hear any member of our coaching staff talking about our NT or in this case about Marjanović, be sure that it reflects the state of mind of our players about that particular matter), players and basketball media around NT. You get to know funny things if you can read between the lines. And please, did I attack you as a person and gave you a valid ground to accuse me of Ad Hominem. I don't think so, I only said you are too young and inexperienced to understand some things. That is not Ad Hominem. What are your arguments? I will gladly answer them all.

And yes, Đorđević did hold an interim meeting. And no, I'm not going to reveal my source. Let's just say it's a journalist close to NT. I'm not an insider, I just got to know this particular thing almost accidentally.
    Calling me young and inexperienced is an attack on me instead of my argument, considering that my age is completely irrelevant to it. Also calling me out on reading Informer is another case of the same thing. If you really need to know, I have read their article yesterday while trying to find sources of your claims from yesterday about a reality check and "Nevertheless, our coach called Marjanović (just like he called Milutinov even though he declined invitation) to be there when we get together, which means he gave him a chance to show dedication and stick with the team. At least Milutinov came, but Marjanović didn't even bother to come and say „hi“ to his teammates.", which is the part I was asking about, without quoting admittedly, didn't think it was needed because no one else has brought this up before.

Having nameless sources and reading between the lines was your grounds upon which you have told our American friend here that he doesn't have a clear insight into our NT, and have tried to educate him based on information no one has reported on other than terrible sensationalists, when in truth no one has this insight and what everyone does here is reading between the lines. I mean, sure, maybe you DO have this close source, but how can you expect others to react to this clam? This is what made me react strongly to your post. You have also laughed at everyone here expressing negative opinion about what Djordjevic is doing, again based on imaginary sources, and have basically accused us of having some hidden agenda of hating on Djordjevic from pure malice and desire for division.

In case you haven't read all of our arguments, let me sum it up. We see Boban as a really nice guy, not just the nicest and most honest basketball player we have ever seen but also as one of nicest people you can ever see in general. If you have ever met someone like that then you would understand exactly how did it come to this, his fear and last minute decision to back out. On the other hand we have Djordjevic, guy who's initial reaction to Boban's decision was as if he has just found out that Boban was the one who killed JFK, which has quickly led to a proper witch hunt in some media and accusation of Boban as a traitor of the worst kind. So instead of being a coach and trying to help Boban and help the team atmosphere, he has continued to evade questions and act offended, further fueling the bad atmosphere. Then we also know the history of Djordjevic and his principles and the way he has been treating some players in the past.
    Long story short, we see Boban as a nice guy being punished for his honesty and last minute decision to make sure he has taken care of his family despite big desire to be with the team, by a holier-than-thou hypocrite who is doing a piss poor coaching job. Of course maybe we are wrong, maybe Boban has a secret agenda to sabotage the NT because he has a grudge with Djordjevic for inviting injured Krstic and useless Katic instead of him, you never know.
    I do believe that it has been repeated more than once that everyone respects what Djordjevic has done for our basketball as a player, but that shouldn't mean turning a blind eye to his coaching shortcomings. I don't know if there is a need to list those too, starting with bad player selection in 2014 all the way to Lithuania game last year. Of course these are just opinions, but its the opinions several of us here share, several of us who like to debate about basketball, be it our own team or a rival one, rather than attack people in emotional outbursts. There are definitely cases of that too, but you are barking at the wrong tree.

I have read a comment once, guy was so pissed about Djordjevic that he has said he will root against our team and hope we don't even make it past OQT. Perhaps I would feel the same now if Djordjevic didn't make that statement today and showed he does have some understanding, which is something he should have done from the very start.

With this I am definitely done on the topic and have no intention to argue about it further, my initial reaction, as already said above, was primarily to prevent unofficial info from spreading around, which was so far primarily used to divide the public on the matter.

Comment

• Batum signed a new contract a few days before Bobi, anyway he went to manila but didn't play.
      France has to play against canada to qualify, so it was something like 60-40% while Srbija was much stronger than all the other teams in Beograd (I had no doubt about their qualification, I mean they didn't need that much Bobi to get qualified)
      are we sure that other NT players don't want Bobi ? why ? because they fear that they can be left home (so selfish argument) or because of the supposed chemistry ?
      REspect to the winning ones in Beograd, but OG are another tournament, a harder one, so I'm still disappointed not to see the best players available and see Srbjia decreasing his chance of a medal. Imho a coach must call the best players, then it's his job to let them play togheter. imho it's even easier for great player to learn how to play togheter rather than for medium or dumb player, great players speaks the same language on the court.

Comment

• Boban loss is a great loss for Serbia's weak front line, but Dzordzevich is a man with a eggs and as a former player and as a coach whose word is decisive

Comment

• Boban can't be a loss because last time he played for the NT was in 2011, looking forward to new Jokic era of our NT
          UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Srle View Post
            Boban can't be a loss because last time he played for the NT was in 2011, looking forward to new Jokic era of our NT
            Jokic as a good player and it is your future if it continues do progress, but the Olympics games now. His good will play against such teams as China, Venezuela, but what's next? it is still green as our D.Sabonis.

Comment

• Originally posted by G&B View Post
              Jokic as a good player and it is your future if it continues do progress, but the Olympics games now. His good will play against such teams as China, Venezuela, but what's next? it is still green as our D.Sabonis.
              While I do agree Jokic is still young and probably won't be able to handle some serious centers at the Olympics, he does have some good experience from the NBA and did manage to outplay Valanciunas in one of their duels, so he isn't green as D. Dabonis.

Comment

• Nemanja Bjelica won't play at the Olympic Games.

Comment

• Bircevic for MVP. Hahahhahahaha. Fucking shit, as always.

This is why u need to be a flexible coach. Karma strikes, as always. Jelovac could've been an asset.

Comment

• This is it, no medal for us.

Fucking NBA.

Comment

• Huge blow indeed, we're missing one of the very few game-changers we actually have (Teo and to a point Bogdan being the rest). No Jelovac could fix this. Bobi would mean in this situation to take a load of front court, but let's not go there again.
                      Doesn't actually mean we can't win a medal, but the chances drop significantly.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
                        Bircevic for MVP. Hahahhahahaha. Fucking shit, as always.

This is why u need to be a flexible coach. Karma strikes, as always. Jelovac could've been an asset.
                        Bircevic is awful player.

I hope that Macvan will be ready. But even with him, without Bjelica our chances for medal are less for ~ 40%

Comment

• We are definitely out as far as hunting for the medal is concerned . Hopefully team will play good ball at tournament , they proved in the preparation period and at the tournament in Belgrade that they can , feel bad for Bjelica, this was his dream .

Comment

• At least it will be a pivotal point in Djordjevic's NT coaching career. He either produces miracle or everyone would judge him for his pre-tournament decisions. Doubt that any man would stand that for to long.

Comment

• Marjanovic can't play at PF, this have nothing to do with his roster decisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Srle View Post
                                Marjanovic can't play at PF, this have nothing to do with his roster decisions.
                                but jokic can go down to pf and marjanovic can play c
                                Republic of CRVENA ZVEZDA

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information