Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anybody stop the American domination in basketball ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anybody stop the American domination in basketball ?

My personal opinion,no one can.
    Eventually someone will
    0%
    No,no one really can
    0%
    Originally posted by Stardusted
    It was not a ref mistake, it was a ref decision.

America has always dominated basketball.. Since it was invented..

They can be beaten once in a while...

In 2012 I give Spain with a more experienced Ricky Rubio and Pau Gasol the biggest chance to do that.. Serbia will have a chance too, although they might be too young even then

But if the USA sends their best players or even their B-team.. (this tournament was their C-team tbh, except Durant) nobody in the world stands half a chance
    THE NBA IS FAKE

Comment

It depends. If they change the size of the ball, push the 3 point line to NBA standards, then the USA would have such an absurd advantage that it wouldn't even be funny.

Comment

Originally posted by UMUT_FB_LAL View Post
        America has always dominated basketball.. Since it was invented..

They can be beaten once in a while...

In 2012 I give Spain with a more experienced Ricky Rubio and Pau Gasol the biggest chance to do that.. Serbia will have a chance too, although they might be too young even then

But if the USA sends their best players or even their B-team.. (this tournament was their C-team tbh, except Durant) nobody in the world stands half a chance
        Sad,but true !

Comment

Brazil almost did...
          Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
          Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
            Brazil almost did...
            Almost is the key word !

Comment

I don't expect us to win all WC and Olympic games in the future. I would like Team USA to be competitive and comprising of the best players complementing one another from hereon as USA Basketball struck gold with these players and I do hope they continue running this great program.

Just no more 2002 Team USA re-deux.
              Sacramento Kings
              HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Originally posted by mark123 View Post
                Almost is the key word !
                So the word domination doesn't make sense in this context
                Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
                  So the word domination doesn't make sense in this context
                  Almost won and won is a big difference ! U can almost win against great team,but u will rarely win.

Comment

Silly thread

Will someone invent a medicine towards stupidity?

Team USA won their first World Championships (the way they won it) since 1994.. Until now, how exactly were they dominant?
                    Sexuality when one reaches their 30s is either mainstream or sick, but no matter what, it isn't pure

Comment

Originally posted by wardjdim View Post
                      Silly thread

Will someone invent a medicine towards stupidity?

Team USA won their first World Championships (the way they won it) since 1994.. Until now, how exactly were they dominant?
                      Until now they were fooling around.Sent 3rd grade players. In WC in Athens there were no Nba players,cause of the lock out ! Other teams had only 1,2 or 3 Nba players. That is the difference. NBA !

Comment

Originally posted by Strida View Post
                        It depends. If they change the size of the ball, push the 3 point line to NBA standards, then the USA would have such an absurd advantage that it wouldn't even be funny.
                        I agree, but making the rules more uniform will help the world as well. And I bet they will adjust sooner rather than later when the new rules are implemented. Honestly I got to the point where I did not mind FIBA rules, Team USA obviously got the hang of it and operated their program according to the style (to the tune of 42-1 in Colangelo era).

But to answer the question, there is one country that can stop USA dominance...USA! j/k..USA can and will be beaten, the key is who will stop USA when they come back angry like in China? It's obviously going to have to be a generation with a superstar (Manu, Gasol) who has a great cast around them, they would have to be well coached and resilient. Even when USA was not World Champions (hey that sounds good, World Champions ) only the biggest of homers would have argued that USA still was not the number one basketball country as far producing a high number of quality players.
                        http://BuckeyeBallers.Blogspot.com

Comment

what is the reason for such a big gap between US and others?
                          NBA or athletic players.

When we look NBA most players are African-American, so it seems more genetic I guess. So I would expect an African country can be successful provided that they have good facilities, and support.

I really wonder if an World all star(Ginobili,Gasol, Nowitzki etc) team can beat dream team? I dont think so.

Comment

Originally posted by mcjordan View Post
                            what is the reason for such a big gap between US and others?
                            NBA or athletic players.

When we look NBA most players are African-American, so it seems more genetic I guess. So I would expect an African country can be successful provided that they have good facilities, and support.

I really wonder if an World all star(Ginobili,Gasol, Nowitzki etc) team can beat dream team? I dont think so.
                            Now that`s an interesting observation ! Would African players be so successful like African-Americans if they had the same conditions ?
                            Europe all-star team could defeat African-American B team,my opinion.

Comment

This is great...

24 countries and just the one country that doesn't give a fuck wins it

+ How exactly would Brazil winning that game change the domination??

The USA would still win the tournament but because Brazil beat them in the groups they'd be the dominant country in the world?? With that one win? That doesn't make sense at all
                              THE NBA IS FAKE

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information