Lithuanian National Team for WC2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

News regarding three possible major players of the team:

Kaukėnas refused to play for national team due to personal reasons (wants to spend more time with his family)

Macijauskas may be in the need of surgery on his tarsus.

And finally today Lietuvos Rytas announced, that Jasikevičius made a decision not to participate, because of his wedding.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimonas
      once again - green glases.
      Ginevicius isn't predictible as well, and notice - Delininkaitis isn't PG, he is SG.
      I don't care about the glasses, I find Ginevicius more acceptable. he has a colder head, imho. though I agree that Delininkaitis may have improved. we'll see who's who during the summer. and Delininkaitis is a combo guard at best, imho.. besides, Ginevicius has a good hand from three as well, but he tends not to waste his shots like Delininkaitis often does. we'll see.. I would like the best players to play for us..ideally none of them would be on the final roster (my personal opinion), but all those refusals mean that at least one probably will.
      stop russia

Comment

I want to explain - Delininkaitis is not PG and u can't compare his play in LRytas and Ginevicius' play in Zalgiris. they played in different positions, they had different tasks to do.
        what Ginevicius is able to do in PG position we saw very well - he is not Lithuania NT level playmaker. but I do not understand how can u decide is Delininkaitis better or worse if u didn't see him playing..

Comment

what Ginevicius is able to do in PG position we saw very well - he is not Lithuania NT level playmaker.
          I think he did OK in EC'05. He's not Saras, just like all other PG's outside NBA, But he's not reason why NT was 5th year ago or Zalgiris lost everything
          The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Originally posted by LuDux
            I think he did OK in EC'05. He's not Saras, just like all other PG's outside NBA, But he's not reason why NT was 5th year ago or Zalgiris lost everything
            Putting all PGs of the world into two groups - "Saras" and "everyone else" is not a solid argument (not to mention you're overrating Saras quite a bit , but that's outside the discussion). There are PGs outside of the NBA that aren't named Saras and still they are 10 times the player Ginevicius is (and arguably are not worse than Saras aswell).
            Yes, he shouldn't be the scapegoat, but that's simply because he is not important enough to be. He's just a waste of space on the National Team roster (and a so-so bench player in a mediocre club).
            He doesn't bring anything special to the table, except his flopping antics.
            Siskauskas (despite not being used to this position) is a better half-court PG than Ginevicius - that has been proved many times already; and is much better than him in all aspects of the game. For some fast paced game opportunities you still need someone else anyway. So what's the deal?
            Hell, I'd pick Gustluay over Vidas any day. At least he would bring something special to the team. For the same reason I'd pick Delininkaitis. Those are players that can push the tempo, create some positive chaos when the offense is stalling. Or give a chance to Maceina, who can really take it all the way to the hoop and finish (something that our NT hadn't had from PG for years now) or dish, he flourishes in open court too. Doesn't have a good shot, but that's the last thing we need imo, there are plenty of guys in other positions who can shoot (and sadly can't do much else). Pakamanis is there as a possible choice too. Seibutis is versatile and quick enough to take some PG duties as well.
            All these players are younger, each coming out of good individual seasons (as compared to yet another year of nothing-ness for Vidas) and look like they could become something special IF given a chance (except Gustas, who's been given plenty of opportunities already, but still we shouldn't dismiss the possibility that he will finally "get it" someday). All of the mentioned guys are better athletes, better ballhandlers, and actually better or comparable shooters (except Maceina at the moment) - since making an open three was mentioned as one of Ginevicius' advantages.
            It all depends on whether we choose to give them that chance now, or pick the sad clown again and keep repeating with serious face that there aren't better options available than this proven career bench player.
            Last edited by MC Plough; 06-04-2006, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Just numbers

shooting in EL player/team (2p,3p,1p)
              Ginev 52/49 38/34 75/72
              Delin 40/48 27/34 71/65

shooting in BBL (2p,3p,1p)
              Ginev 65 43 79
              Delin 57 46 77
              Pakam 54 41 75
              Gusta 44 27 77
              Macei 43 29 69

as/to and st/to in BBl and EL
              Ginev 2,0 1,0 EL 0,8 0,9
              Delin 1,5 0,7 EL 0,9 0,5
              Pakam 1,5 0,7
              Gusta 0,6 0,6
              Macei 0,3 0,3
              Last edited by LuDux; 06-04-2006, 05:36 PM.

Comment

and what do u want to see in these numbers? Even Delininkaitis played in absolutely different position, which is not comparable with Vidutenivicius' position, we can see that Vidas didn't make more better statistics

Comment

and what do u want to see in these numbers? Even Delininkaitis played in absolutely different position, which is not comparable with Vidutenivicius' position, we can see that Vidas didn't make more better statistics
                  All, except Delininkaitis, were starting PG's. Delininkaitis played some PG, while all others pleyed some SG (Maceina with Cesnauskis, Gustas with Valeiko, Gaidamavicius with Mazutis, Ginevicius with Cota/Anderson)
                  And Ginevicius was better than Delininkaitis in 8 cases from 10.

Comment

I don't remember when Delininkaitis played PG.. and if he played - Vidutinevicius statistics might be better (but as we can se not a lot), because Delininkaitis played in stronger team with more individual stronger players.

Comment

I don't remember when Delininkaitis played PG.. and if he played - Vidutinevicius statistics might be better (but as we can se not a lot), because Delininkaitis played in stronger team with more individual stronger players.
                      very solid post this one indeed.. :/
                      I mean, very objective and practically impossible to challenge..
                      stop russia

Comment

Originally posted by kestas
                        very solid post this one indeed.. :/
                        I mean, very objective and practically impossible to challenge..
                        yeah, I agree with u very solid post indeed...

anyway, I even don't want to compare them. Sireika will decide everything in a month. If they will play their average, I would prefer none of them in a team But I hope they'll do thier best
                        2nd in IBN EuroBasket 2011 Prediction!
                        2nd in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction!
                        MVP in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction! # Correct W-L: re5pectas (59)
                        All-Tornament Team in IBN EuroBasket 2015 Prediction! Perfect score: re5pectas (7)
                        All-Tornament Team in IBN World Cup 2019 Prediction! Perfect score: re5pectas (5)
                        2nd in IBN Olympic 2020 Predicion! Perfect score: re5pectas (2) Within 8: re5pectas (8) # Correct W-L: re5pectas (23)

Comment

Songaila IN
                          Macijauskas IN
                          Jasikevicius OUT

OK, thats a start!! 2/3 not bad. Anyone heard about Kleiza yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Lietuvis
                            Songaila IN
                            Macijauskas IN
                            Jasikevicius OUT

OK, thats a start!! 2/3 not bad. Anyone heard about Kleiza yet?
                            he's 100% in

atleast i hope that the team will look like this:

PG: Maceina, Pakamanis
                            SG: Siskauskas, Macijauskas, Seibutis
                            SF: Jasaitis, Kleiza (sorry Zukauskas)
                            PF: Jankunas, Songaila, Lavrinovic
                            C: Javtokas, Lavrinovic

except the PG spot, the team is amazing, imho we're definetly going for medals to say the least
                            ________
                            Live Sex
                            Last edited by pablonis; 08-14-2011, 02:01 AM.

Comment

well I dont think that team will look like u said..
                              Maceina is not even invited to the camp.

imho PG will be Ginevicius, Gustas
                              SG, SF - Siskauskas, Macijauskas, Jasaitis, Lukauskis, Seibutis
                              PF,C - Zukauskas (because of experience and because Sireika likes him a lot), Songaila, 2x Lavrinovic, Javtokas

Pakamanis and Delininkaitis can push out somebody from PG spot, but I doubt. And Sireika won't take 3 low-level PG's for sure.

Siska, Macas, Jasaitis - obvious that they will go.
                              D and K Lavrinovic and Javtokas - too.

more questions we have about Zukauskas/Jankunas/Songaila/Kleiza participation. Kleiza can be "black horse" and Sireika don't like Songaila, or do not know how to exhaust him on the court. Zukauskas can go to do nice farewell. But Jankunas can take his position if he will show much better form. however, two of them will go.

Seibutis/Lukauskis/Delininkaitis are another question. if Sireika decides to have 6 high players in the team, only one of them will go (most-likely Lukauskis because of some experience). this is real scenario, if none of these three players won't show WC-level form.

Serapinas, Kalnietis, Jomantas and Maciulis - they are 13th players, one of them can show miracle.. bet yra taciau they won't.

conclusion: we will be favourites and main pretenders to the medals as always, but this time with good team spirit we will take it.
                              Last edited by Nimonas; 06-07-2006, 04:38 AM.

Comment

well I dont think that team will look like u said..
                                Maceina is not even invited to the camp.
                                He is invited to the very first camp, that starts, emm.. today??
                                Pakamanis and Delininkaitis can push out somebody from PG spot, but I doubt. And Sireika won't take 3 low-level PG's for sure.
                                Delininkaitis is always claiming, that he is not a PG, so I can't agree, that he may go to WC as a player of this position. Well, maybe as a third PG option.
                                Siska, Macas, Jasaitis - obvious that they will go.
                                D and K Lavrinovic and Javtokas - too.
                                I wouldn't be sure about the bolded one, as he has some problems with his tarsus. I know, that he wants to participate, but his health problems might be an obstacle. It was the reason, why he didn't go to Serbia and Montenegro last year, this year he might not visit Japan because of this.

more questions we have about Zukauskas/Jankunas/Songaila/Kleiza participation. Kleiza can be "black horse" and Sireika don't like Songaila, or do not know how to exhaust him on the court. Zukauskas can go to do nice farewell. But Jankunas can take his position if he will show much better form. however, two of them will go.
                                Jankūnas might have an summer-off because of the NBA draft and all the approaches to get to NBA. Žukauskas will be in - that's sure. The captain of the team cannot be forced to go out of it after the camps. He has to retire by himself.

Javtokas is also questionable. If he is planning to sign with the Spurs (that looks more likable, as Mazr Mohammed rejected to extend his contract few days ago), then he might sink in all transition procedures and might get back too late.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information