No announcement yet.

Future of Serbian NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video was shared in web presence of a big newspaper. So it went viral. Classical help in making a name ��

And of course his surname draws interest here.
    Last edited by Katastroika; 11-22-2021, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• Djurisic highlights from ABA U19 tournament:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BasketSco...36497198469128

That was yesterday, earlier today almost had a triple double - 30p, 11r, 9a. If he continues to develop under proper guidance, he can be something really big, a dominant shot maker who can score in every way imaginable.

Comment

• Milijašević is impressive. This will be a good career.

Comment

• https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9iHG8Q-jH9M

25 points for Jovic...his shot making ability is gradually coming along at senior level. He is not exactly unstoppable one on one, but he can pull his shot off from every spot on the floor. He just needs couple of moves to get him even better separation to be able to get a better look. As for defense, well, he will have to show much more effort like he does at offensive end.

Djurisic also with nice game, made couple of great assists to Jovic, even played point guard for some stretches. Both of these kids might end up among best players of our NT at one point.

Comment

• He reminds me Nikola Mirotic.
            LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
            Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
            Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
              He reminds me Nikola Mirotic.
              At certain aspects of the game when it comes to shot making ability, I agree, he reminds a little bit of Mirotic. But Mirotic is an exclusive PF, Jovic likes to drive much more than Mirotic and is probably going to be more athletic than Mirotic. We'll see when Jovic fills out his frame whether his future is SF or PF. As it looks right now, he is a SF able to do more stuff than a classic PF or a stretch PF. His passing instincts are made more for a SF.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
                At certain aspects of the game when it comes to shot making ability, I agree, he reminds a little bit of Mirotic. But Mirotic is an exclusive PF, Jovic likes to drive much more than Mirotic and is probably going to be more athletic than Mirotic. We'll see when Jovic fills out his frame whether his future is SF or PF. As it looks right now, he is a SF able to do more stuff than a classic PF or a stretch PF. His passing instincts are made more for a SF.
                Indeed. I was talking about body language, in some ways very familiar. Both 208cm. Maybe Jovic can even add some centimeters. Jovic is projected to be tougher and more athletic, but when he fills out they may be more or less on the same situation athleticism wise. While I agree that Jovic has much more handles and much better passer, I would see him more as contemporary PF I think Pokesevski still has more guard skills than Jovic (debatable though) and probably I would see him at 3 more than Jovic. Not that the latter wouldn't be able to play some 3, but I think the game is going towards having 3 true ball handlers on the court and players that plays at 3 now reminds more of a shooting guards (like Fournier, Bogdanovic, Grigonis ect.).
                LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9iHG8Q-jH9M

25 points for Jovic...his shot making ability is gradually coming along at senior level. He is not exactly unstoppable one on one, but he can pull his shot off from every spot on the floor. He just needs couple of moves to get him even better separation to be able to get a better look. As for defense, well, he will have to show much more effort like he does at offensive end.

Djurisic also with nice game, made couple of great assists to Jovic, even played point guard for some stretches. Both of these kids might end up among best players of our NT at one point.
                  Could you give a short summary about his defense. I could only watch some youth games during the world cup but there you cant observe weaknesses properly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                    Indeed. I was talking about body language, in some ways very familiar. Both 208cm. Maybe Jovic can even add some centimeters. Jovic is projected to be tougher and more athletic, but when he fills out they may be more or less on the same situation athleticism wise. While I agree that Jovic has much more handles and much better passer, I would see him more as contemporary PF I think Pokesevski still has more guard skills than Jovic (debatable though) and probably I would see him at 3 more than Jovic. Not that the latter wouldn't be able to play some 3, but I think the game is going towards having 3 true ball handlers on the court and players that plays at 3 now reminds more of a shooting guards (like Fournier, Bogdanovic, Grigonis ect.).
                    In couple of years depending of physical development it will be clear what position Jovic is most adept at. I know basketball is approaching era of positionless basketball but I don't think there will be all that kind of unicorns so that form of basketball can really become a full reality. Sure, it will be interesting to see if some teams will be able to create some sort or form of basketball where every player can play everything, but in bottom line, I think the definition of basketball that relies on traditional lineups and roles will never truly cease to exist.

Comment

• @Toruko

As for now, I think it's about lack of effort primarily. I think he has transfered a bad habit from youth level where he could rely on his long body, physical attributes to recover and make up for slow reaction. At senior level he can't make that kind of recovery, and since Mega is all about offensive development, it can be a little risky if they don't address that bad habit in Jovic's defense. Also, lazy fighting through screens (but this should be a lot better as he grows into his body), and somewhat questionable footwork on perimeter, a bit slow lateral movement.

Comment

• Koprivica progressing really well. He is a real presence in the paint, terrific rebounder and solid rim protector. Nice mobility for his size. Doesn't have much offensive versatility but finishes quite well around the basket. Very intrigued about his further development.

Comment

• Interesting situation about John Konchar from the Grizzlies. There is a rumor that Croatia will try to get him. However, what I've read about him, he is of Serbian origin, and his grandfather is a born Serb who moved to USA. I wonder what Pesic and our Federation think about this situation. I haven't watched him much, seems like a decent player, getting more and more trust from Grizzlies coaching staff. Our own coach Rajakovic is currently the head coach of Grizzlies, so there is some connection if we would be willing to make some moves here. Also, reportedly, Guduric said something like, when he played with the Grizzlies, that Konchar would be interested into idea of playing for our NT. We should probably give some attention to Konchar.

Comment

• Tristan Vukcevic to Partizan? That would be good move for him probably since Real's frontcourt is crowded. It would be fun to see all three of Smailagic, Vukcevic and Koprivica developing under Obradovic. And a great move for Partizan if this deal is multiyear contract or loan.

Comment

• A friend of mine coached a team that played against little Sasa and said that he hasn't seen something like him long before, instinct player - he dominates 4 year older players even physically inferior. In difference to his father seems to be very intelligent guy what I've heard for his age. There are rumours that he'll be included in U18 next year already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
                                https://twitter.com/i/status/1485578410063716356

A friend of mine coached a team that played against little Sasa and said that he hasn't seen something like him long before, instinct player - he dominates 4 year older players even physically inferior. In difference to his father seems to be very intelligent guy what I've heard for his age. There are rumours that he'll be included in U18 next year already.
                                You mean basketball IQ? If so, I don't remember Danilović being a low IQ player. He was a shining head a little bit, but a fierce competitor and, of course, a great scorer.
                                As for this kid, well, they say apples don't fall far from the tree.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information