Timofey Mozgov to New York Knicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timofey Mozgov to New York Knicks

An introduction to Mozgov from The Painted Area. Click to read the full article.
    Knicks Stealthily Sign Timofey Mozgov - The Painted Area Blog, by Jay Aych, July 12, 2010

According to the reliable Jonathan Givony of Draft Express, Russian center Timofey Mozgov signed a 3-year, $9.7 million contract with the Knicks over the weekend.

Donnie Walsh seemed to pull this deal off totally under the radar. No indication Mozgov was interested in coming over to the NBA this summer. Have to imagine multiple teams would have been hot on Mozgov if they realized he was making himself available this summer.

Figured Timo could still use a year or two of seasoning in Europe. Timo had to split time with Euroleague vet Robertas Javtokas (one of the better centers in Europe) on Khimki Moscow this season. Javtokas was possibly looking to move to another club, so Mozgov would have been given the starting slot and more opportunity to shine next season.

A quality signing since the Knicks badly needed a true big on their roster. Have to wonder how the Nets missed on Timo, not to mention, Jersey gave nearly the same money to journeyman Johan Petro instead. Advantage Knicks.

After Brendan Haywood and Darko, Mozgov (turns 24 on Friday) was probably the best free-agent center candidate on the market this summer considering the rest of the viable centers are in their mid-30s (Shaq, Ben Wallace, Rasho, Big Z).

Compared to the money shelled out to Haywood and Darko, Mozgov's deal is a relative bargain - a low-risk transaction for the Knicks. Worthwhile gamble on a 7-footer with terrific physical tools and enticing potential.

Mozgov was the best free-agent big in Europe besides Giannis Bourousis and one of the best European free agents overall. Bourousis is more polished offensively, but Mozgov clearly has the athletic advantage. Timo is very mobile and runs the floor very well for a player his size. Think Andris Biedrins or Marcin Gortat.

Impressive physical package but still figuring out the game. Lacks polish and tends to be reactionary in his approach. His limited feel for the game leads him to take bad angles and gets him out of position, which leads to fouls.

Knicks fans need to be patient with the Russian big. He has not been playing high-level basketball for very long and can imagine the adjustment to the NBA, not to mention NYC, will be difficult. Assume D'Antoni will give Mozgov 15 mins/game off the bench and hopefully he can provide an interior presence (and rebounding) that D"Antoni's teams normally lack.
    "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

right,
    i saw him in the knicks vs lakers game today today,sitting in the audience absolutely jet lagged.So no one knew he was free to sign?All them scouts,missing on the biggest coup?jesus
    And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

If say truth, i,m a little bit confused by the amount of his contract. I suppose after such sweet contract Timofey should build to his agent GOLDEN STATUE.
      Anyway, i wish him all the best and certainly he,ll try to realize himself in the NBA.

Comment

Amare Stoudemire gets a front-court player that would definitely help in rebounding.
        Sacramento Kings
        HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

from the sources at deadspin.com

"Timofey Mozgov Is Cocksucker
          Today is day Timofey Mozgov becomes most unlikable person in Russian Basketball Super League, and perhaps all Russian sports. I used to think he is okay a year ago. No more. He is villain now.

It does not matter where he choose to go. If he goes New York, he is cocksucker. If he goes Miami, he is cocksucker. If he goes back Khimki, he is still goddamn cocksucker. He is self-aggrandizing sack of говно, and All-Russian State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company is pussy-whipped enabler for giving free hour of airing time and using 55 minute to let Stukov Scottovich give him rimjob.

Please, to be looking at what Sergei Bykov did. He sign deal with CSKA Moscow, go back about business. He not need dog-and-bear-show фигня. Mozgov does, and that means he is dipshit. People have kissed on man's buttock SINCE FUCKING неполная средняя школа, and he still need hourlong Russian Academy of Cinema Arts special? Фигня. ФИГНЯ.

And I do not care that he ask All-Russian State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company to use airing time for making charity. That is most transparent use of charity for glorification of self since I saw oligarch do it yesterday. "Hello, All-Russian State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company, why do you not spend hour kissing on my buttock? Oh, do not worry. We will give rubles to Chernobyl children. That makes me selfless." No, it does not make me selfless.

And НАХУЙ to All-Russian State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company for "Bubka on Bubka" sequel. If All-Russian State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company reporter found proof tomorrow that Mozgov stay in Khimki, do you think All-Russian State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company would let reporter make story? FUCK AND NYET. They would shoot reporter in elevator of apartment. They're blyadest blyad that have ever blyaded. I heard they offer Mozgov crew free blowjob if he win championship. Wilbonokov asked to blow him LITTLE BIT. Not much. Little bit.

Mozgov is now man you make cheer against. If he leave Khimki, he will be showing middle finger at basket fans. If he stay Khimki, he has been teasing cocks. Mozgov is past point of not come back. He is cocksucker. He is guy who care more about making famous than making basketball.

I am same if I make basketball. I think about many rubles and vodka. And it is okay if he make basketball somewhere that is not Khimki. It is Khimki. It blow. There is nothing to do in Khimki except masturbate and make intercontinental ballistic missile. But there is normal way, and there is dick way, and making Mozgov emancipation into two-year movie by Tarkovsky is DICK MOVE ON FIRE. Mozgov is making говно to the world and pretending it is entertainment. It is not. It is con. Many, many people are not purchasing говно. And that is all Timofey Mozgov is today: a fucking пиздобол.

The author of this post can be contacted at tips@deadspin.com"

he is next lebron james!
          "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

What a non-sense of an article
            Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
            Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by Phantim3dx View Post
              from the sources at deadspin.com

"Timofey Mozgov Is Cocksucker
              Today is day Timofey Mozgov becomes most unlikable person in Russian Basketball Super League, and perhaps all Russian sports. I used to think he is okay a year ago. No more. He is villain now.

It does not matter where he choose to go. If he goes New York, he is cocksucker. If he goes Miami, he is cocksucker. If he goes back Khimki, he is still goddamn cocksucker. He is self-aggrandizing sack of говно, and All-Russian State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company is pussy-whipped enabler for giving free hour of airing time and using 55 minute to let Stukov Scottovich give him rimjob.

Please, to be looking at what Sergei Bykov did. He sign deal with CSKA Moscow, go back about business. He not need dog-and-bear-show фигня. Mozgov does, and that means he is dipshit. People have kissed on man's buttock SINCE FUCKING неполная средняя школа, and he still need hourlong Russian Academy of Cinema Arts special? Фигня. ФИГНЯ.

And I do not care that he ask All-Russian State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company to use airing time for making charity. That is most transparent use of charity for glorification of self since I saw oligarch do it yesterday. "Hello, All-Russian State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company, why do you not spend hour kissing on my buttock? Oh, do not worry. We will give rubles to Chernobyl children. That makes me selfless." No, it does not make me selfless.

And НАХУЙ to All-Russian State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company for "Bubka on Bubka" sequel. If All-Russian State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company reporter found proof tomorrow that Mozgov stay in Khimki, do you think All-Russian State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company would let reporter make story? FUCK AND NYET. They would shoot reporter in elevator of apartment. They're blyadest blyad that have ever blyaded. I heard they offer Mozgov crew free blowjob if he win championship. Wilbonokov asked to blow him LITTLE BIT. Not much. Little bit.

Mozgov is now man you make cheer against. If he leave Khimki, he will be showing middle finger at basket fans. If he stay Khimki, he has been teasing cocks. Mozgov is past point of not come back. He is cocksucker. He is guy who care more about making famous than making basketball.

I am same if I make basketball. I think about many rubles and vodka. And it is okay if he make basketball somewhere that is not Khimki. It is Khimki. It blow. There is nothing to do in Khimki except masturbate and make intercontinental ballistic missile. But there is normal way, and there is dick way, and making Mozgov emancipation into two-year movie by Tarkovsky is DICK MOVE ON FIRE. Mozgov is making говно to the world and pretending it is entertainment. It is not. It is con. Many, many people are not purchasing говно. And that is all Timofey Mozgov is today: a fucking пиздобол.

The author of this post can be contacted at tips@deadspin.com"

he is next lebron james!
              Stupid article. Seems like wrote about our Timoha THE REAL BLOCHEAD and f..ng ASSHOLE. I want to give advice to the author of this idiotic article a little receive medical treatment in a CRAZY HOUSE. This idiot has obvious mental illness.Настоящий долбаеб!

Comment

Originally posted by vaslover View Post
                Stupid article. Seems like wrote about our Timoha THE REAL BLOCHEAD and f..ng ASSHOLE. I want to give advice to the author of this idiotic article a little receive medical treatment in a CRAZY HOUSE. This idiot has obvious mental illness.Настоящий долбаеб!
                I think the article is just a parody. If you read it as a parody, it's pretty hilarious.
                "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

First of all, terrific article on Deadspin (I don't say that often...not typically a fan).

Mozgov won't have immediate success, but his game doesn't need to be stifled in halfcourt sets any longer. D'Antoni's going to free him up and let him breathe in that system. If he can play like he did in last year's Eurobasket then it should be a fun 15 minutes when he's in there with Amar'e.

Which reminds me, his official nickname, as deemed by EuroleagueAdventures.com: The Mozgov Cocktail.

Full article on Timofey Mozgov here if you're interested.
                  Euroleague Adventures

The Dotted Line Up: Ranking all the Euroleague Free Agents

Subscribe to the podcast for free on iTunes and follow ELA on Twitter: Euro_Adventures

Comment

Timofey Mozgov emerging as Knicks' starting center while Donnie Walsh mulls Eddy Curry decision

BY Frank Isola
                    DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Originally Published:Friday, September 24th 2010, 4:00 AM
                    Updated: Friday, September 24th 2010, 2:01 AM

Timofey Mozgov, the Knicks' new international man of mystery, may have won the starting center job even before training camp begins.

A Knicks official says that Mozgov, the 7-1 rookie from St. Petersburg, Russia, has been impressive during voluntary training sessions in Greenburgh and that coach Mike D'Antoni is already considering starting Mozgov alongside Amar'e Stoudemire, Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler and Raymond Felton.

Mozgov's presence is further proof that Eddy Curry's days with the club are numbered. Curry's expiring contract makes him a valuable trading asset that the Knicks would gladly include in a potential deal for Denver's Carmelo Anthony. However, unless the Knicks can acquire a first-round pick to send to the Nuggets, it is unlikely that team president Donnie Walsh will have the pieces to satisfy Denver.

Curry has appeared in just 10 games since the start of the 2008-09 season. The fact that he was the lone player on the roster not to participate in voluntary workouts is telling.

Curry told close friends last March that he was hopeful the Knicks would negotiate a buyout of his $11 million 2010-11 salary that would open the way for him to either sign with Chicago or Miami.

Walsh, whose best teams with the Pacers featured a traditional center, has been supportive of Curry. But Walsh is ready to move on, having signed Mozgov to a three-year, $9.7 million free agent contract.

Of course, the Knicks would also be taking a gamble that Mozgov can quickly adjust to the physical nature of the NBA game as well as to a new country and culture.

"We have to see how he adapts to the NBA game, but at 7-1, 270 pounds, he's maybe our most athletic guy, that runs, that's a great guy, that has great hands and knows how to play," D'Antoni said. "I'm happy with him and excited about the possibility. We have a lot of guys we should be excited about the possibilities."

Mozgov averaged 12 points during the recent world championships for Russia, which was eliminated by the United States.
                    sigpic
                    ACB league
                    Scola & Ginobili 4 life
                    TAU & Lakers supporter
                    need4sheed.com

Comment

New York Knicks Media Day

More pictures from the New York Knicks page
                      Sacramento Kings
                      HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Good luck Timoha! Don,t need to shade man, just tear them all!

Comment

Originally posted by vaslover View Post
                          Good luck Timoha! Don,t need to shade man, just tear them all!
                          i do like him a lot.There is good aura about him playing bb
                          And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by auris1 View Post
                            i do like him a lot.There is good aura about him playing bb
                            Just curious. What do you dislike about Timoha, his human qualities (too much arrogance, showing off man) or you confusing about his basketball abilities?

Comment

I believe he said he did like him. Anyways, Mozgov had a good showing in his first game for the Knicks scoring 10 points with 5 boards in 19 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information