No announcement yet.

Info about Yotam Halperin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear this, I hope he'll manage to get to NBA if that's really what he wishes- personally I'd like him to stay in europe... as well as others...
    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Yotam Halperin was choosen to Reebok Eurocamp All-Star Team.

Comment

There also this link to a video inside.
        My Youtube channel

Comment

drafted at #53 from Seattle.
          I expected him to go a bit higher than that since he could obviously become one of the best european players in few years..., but being a borderline tweener and an average athlete must have play it's part when scouts were deciding on who to pick...
          That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by Matiz
            drafted at #53 from Seattle.
            I expected him to go a bit higher than that since he could obviously become one of the best european players in few years..., but being a borderline tweener and an average athlete must have play it's part when scouts were deciding on who to pick...
            Cmon, Matiz, don't blame him for being drafter that low. This is a lottery. A pure speculation. It really has very little with a serious evaluation. Who knows maybe they chose him because of his pretty face.

Comment

Originally posted by Pija_Olimp
              Cmon, Matiz, don't blame him for being drafter that low. This is a lottery. A pure speculation. It really has very little with a serious evaluation. Who knows maybe they chose him because of his pretty face.
              in fact you're right about that pretty face comment , not literary of course, but a lot depends solely one one man's vision and impression on some player- based on on or two games and a workout or two, since teams aren't bugging themselves that much about the second round... I wouldn't be surprised if some of the players selected in the 2nd were barely scouted...
              blaming him- more logical than blaming Canada- first of all and most of all he is guilty of being 6'4 (194cm) SG -scouts dislike that lack of 2-3 poor centimeters enough to get him out of 1st round especially if you're european- if he'd be an inch taller he'd get in the first round right away. That's all I've been trying to say and i can't see a part where i was actually blaming him for no reason. If I was the one picking he'd deserve the end of 1st round- but NBA isn't thinking the way I (and most europeans do) about basketball in general...

Comment

Originally posted by Matiz
                I wouldn't be surprised if some of the players selected in the 2nd were barely scouted...
                Like drafting Edin Bavcic for example, I don't know what scouts were thinking or if they were thinking at all. And drafting guys like Mouhamed Saer Sene (he learned to make a layup off the correct foot just 12 months ago - true story) in front of Kosta Perovic, who has proven himself in much tougher league. Or even drafting Sergio Rodriguez (all hype, heck even Jure Mocnik & Goran Dragic were better than him last year in Russia) in front of Yotam. Sometimes its all about hype and having a scout with influence.
                Last edited by Proph·et; 06-30-2006, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Proph·et and Matiz,
                  I agree with both or your latest posts. But I'm not happy that it is like this.

Comment

well, I'm happy. Less europeans in NBA and more in europe and I'm happier...

Bavčič was just a pure guess imo, some said he had some noticeable upside, he is tall with decent athleticism and that's it, he got drafted waiting for his services in the longterm...
                    Sene at least learned to make a layup with the right foot (that isn't really important for NBA though, most nba fans wouldn't even have any idea what we're talking about ) while considering how clumsy Kosta is it's been known for the past period he won't get into the first round with such game. Sene is athletic and that what's NBA all about...
                    I wouldn't be that harsh on Rodriguez either, he is definately not a bad player.

I think there is no need for dissapointment since it's known that this is the way draft goes and it won't change...

Comment

Today Halperin's summer league will begin.

It might be a serious problem for our NT- not becasue he will miss the begining of the preperations, but becasue he won't have a chance to rest at this summer and will be tired.
                      As the result of Burshtain's injury, he should be our best player.
                      My Youtube channel

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information