Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andris Biedrins, next great international NBA center?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 games so far in the new season and nothing but double-doubles. The last one 16 pts + 22 rebs as the Warriors lose to the Grizzlies.
    I'm now officially waiting for a game in which he misses a double-double
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Comment

Andris might as well currently be the most underrated player in the NBA. Why? 8 games, nothing but double-doubles, 16.8 ppg + 14.3 rpg (second in the NBA) + 1.8 bpg + 1.5 apg, 1.0 spg while shooting 53.1% from the floor.
      How about that?
      Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur
        Andris might as well currently be the most underrated player in the NBA. Why? 8 games, nothing but double-doubles, 16.8 ppg + 14.3 rpg (second in the NBA) + 1.8 bpg + 1.5 apg, 1.0 spg while shooting 53.1% from the floor.
        How about that?
        Wow. That's really good. I knew he was playing last year, but I didn't know he was 17 point, 14 rebound good. That's fantastic. He must be turning into a real beast!!

I'm looking at his statistics now, and he's averaging 4.3 fouls per game. I hope he's not putting guards on the free-throw line.

Well, he's not a rookie anymore.

"I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

How about that?
          I completely agree. The guy works his ass-off every game and has great stats but doesn't get the media hype or credit like Yao Ming or Dwight Howard would (maybe it's cuz he's playing with Golden State?) Baron Davis, Stephon Jackson and more recently Monta Ellis used to get all the media attention in the last few years there).
          Biedrins definitely deserves to be playing in the All-Star game and I hope that he can help the Warriors make it back to the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80
            I completely agree. The guy works his ass-off every game and has great stats but doesn't get the media hype or credit like Yao Ming or Dwight Howard would (maybe it's cuz he's playing with Golden State?) Baron Davis, Stephon Jackson and more recently Monta Ellis used to get all the media attention in the last few years there).
            Biedrins definitely deserves to be playing in the All-Star game and I hope that he can help the Warriors make it back to the playoffs.
            not this year, b-diddy is with the clippers

biedrins has improved greatly but howard is still better by a mile

Comment

Originally posted by Charbel Sakr
              not this year, b-diddy is with the clippers

biedrins has improved greatly but howard is still better by a mile
              Yeah I know that Baron is with the Clips and that's why I mentioned that Biedrins now deserves to be given the proper media coverage since he has what it takes to become the franchise player of the Warriors along with Monta Ellis (Stephon is now old school) since they're both young, improving tremendously, and have great potential.

Howard and Yao Ming are still the top 2 centers in the NBA by far but Biedrins can slowly close the gap with Yao at the rate that he's improving.

Howard is the next Shaq (during his prime years) and the averages that he's posting 15 rpg, 24 ppg, 4.4 bpg are sick.

Comment

Howard is the next Shaq (during his prime years) and the averages that he's posting 15 rpg, 24 ppg, 4.4 bpg are sick.

Exactly, every team's dream, every GM's fantasy. He is DOMINANT

Comment

17 points, 19 rebounds in a loss to Detroit yesterday. According to the news story, it was his 16th straight double-double since last year.

If he keeps playing like this (or a little below this level), he'll be in the All-Star game. He and Yao are the only centers playing like legitimate All-Stars right now. Andrew Bynum, who is one year younger than Biedrins and the guy who everyone said would be the new king of the West, is playing about as well as Spencer Hawes (who?), Mark Gasol, and Tyson Chandler.
                  "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Damn, Andris just missed a double-double (17 pts + 9 rebs)
                    He then had 17 in a row since last season (10 this season). That's amazing. Does anyone know the record for consecutive double-doubles?
                    Artificial Nature

Comment

He then had 17 in a row since last season (10 this season). That's amazing. Does anyone know the record for consecutive double-doubles?
                      with or without chamberlain?
                      It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Rudy!

Comment

not sure but its gotta be wilt for like 500 straight games!!!!

Comment

OK guys I got your point, wishful thinking.
                          Artificial Nature

Comment

The problem is that there no available stats concerning double doubles before the 1986-1987 season. What I do know is that Karl Malone currently holds the most double doubles since the 86-87 season with 782.

For sure Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, and Bill Russell averaged double doubles for their whole career .

Some interesting stats for Wilt:

"Special double-doubles are rare "double double-doubles", in which a player gets at least 20 in two of the five categories, This feat was achieved only by Wilt Chamberlain who did it eight times:

41 points, 40 rebounds vs. Syracuse Nationals on November 4, 1959.
                            44 points, 42 rebounds vs. Boston Celtics on January 15, 1960.
                            58 points, 42 rebounds vs. Detroit Pistons on January 25, 1960(at Bethlehem, PA; 58 points are the most ever scored by a rookie).
                            44 points, 45 rebounds vs. Syracuse Nationals on February 6, 1960 (45 rebounds is the NBA single game rookie record).
                            56 points, 45 rebounds vs. Los Angeles Lakers on January 21, 1961.
                            78 points, 43 rebounds vs. Los Angeles Lakers on December 8, 1961 (3OT; 78 points was an NBA record at the time).
                            50 points, 41 rebounds vs. Detroit Pistons on October 26, 1962 (OT).
                            50 points, 40 rebounds vs. Detroit Pistons on November 22, 1964."

Comment

The problem is that there no available stats concerning double doubles before the 1986-1987 season. What I do know is that Karl Malone currently holds the most double doubles since the 86-87 season with 782.

For sure Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, and Bill Russell averaged double doubles for their whole career .

Some interesting stats for Wilt:

"Special double-doubles are rare "double double-doubles", in which a player gets at least 20 in two of the five categories, This feat was achieved only by Wilt Chamberlain who did it eight times:

41 points, 40 rebounds vs. Syracuse Nationals on November 4, 1959.
                              44 points, 42 rebounds vs. Boston Celtics on January 15, 1960.
                              58 points, 42 rebounds vs. Detroit Pistons on January 25, 1960(at Bethlehem, PA; 58 points are the most ever scored by a rookie).
                              44 points, 45 rebounds vs. Syracuse Nationals on February 6, 1960 (45 rebounds is the NBA single game rookie record).
                              56 points, 45 rebounds vs. Los Angeles Lakers on January 21, 1961.
                              78 points, 43 rebounds vs. Los Angeles Lakers on December 8, 1961 (3OT; 78 points was an NBA record at the time).
                              50 points, 41 rebounds vs. Detroit Pistons on October 26, 1962 (OT).
                              50 points, 40 rebounds vs. Detroit Pistons on November 22, 1964."

Are you sure abt malone's number?? 782?? because i think Mj has the record for consecutive times scoring in double figures with the something like 720, if malone had 782 consecutive double doubles then he should have the consecutive double figures too

anyways it has to be wilt!!! the guy was a scoring and rebounding machine!!!! 50.4ppg for a whole season! u must be kidding

Comment

Originally posted by Charbel Sakr
                                Are you sure abt malone's number?? 782?? because i think Mj has the record for consecutive times scoring in double figures with the something like 720, if malone had 782 consecutive double doubles then he should have the consecutive double figures too

anyways it has to be wilt!!! the guy was a scoring and rebounding machine!!!! 50.4ppg for a whole season! u must be kidding
                                Charbel, Malone has the most double doubles since 1986-1987 but they're not consecutive.

I couldn't find any data about consecutive double doubles.

(Data obtained from Wikipedia)

"NBA regular season double-double leaders since 1986-87
                                As of April 18, 2008

1. Karl Malone 782
                                2. John Stockton 696
                                3. Shaquille O'Neal 687
                                4. Hakeem Olajuwon 674
                                5. Kevin Garnett 636
                                6. Charles Barkley 623
                                7. Tim Duncan 595
                                8. Patrick Ewing 563
                                9. David Robinson 544
                                10. Dikembe Mutombo 470"

Comment