Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIBA U18 Europe 2024 (2006 born or younger)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIBA U18 Europe 2024 (2006 born or younger)

GFpsoEfWAAAifBo?format=jpg&name=large.jpg
    Also a strong Turkish U18 Team. Will love to watch Ustun - Dogan combination.

Serbia should contend for the gold medal here too. We have the very interesting generation born 2006 and younger. Players such as Bosnjakovic,Radosic,Kostic,Drezgic,Dimitrijevic,St anojevic, Nikolic etc.
    UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Srle View Post
      Serbia should contend for the gold medal here too. We have the very interesting generation born 2006 and younger. Players such as Bosnjakovic,Radosic,Kostic,Drezgic,Dimitrijevic,St anojevic, Nikolic etc.
      Interesting how these Serbians will look at this stage. However, I have LTU as top contender followed by Spain.
      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
      Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

We lost a nailbiter in the semifinals of the Albert Schweitzer Tournament against Serbia with Anderson Jr. and Kayil shooting 4/24. Anderson Jr. is clearly not used to play against such physical and variable defense at High School and Kayils decision making is odd in comparison to his performances in Second German Division. No clue why his Basketball IQ drops that bad. Add Kharchenkov, Grujicic, Duru and Remagen to this roster and we will compete for a medal, at least. To be fair Bosnjakovic and Kostic had off nights as well and Serbia missed Radosic and Nikolic.

Australia is very impressive by the way. They should win the Final tomorrow.
        Last edited by thiago94; 04-05-2024, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post

Interesting how these Serbians will look at this stage. However, I have LTU as top contender followed by Spain.
          As the poster above me have just written, Serbian U18 team have just made the finals at the tournament in Germany. Our team only had few days of the preparation before the tournament , for example Bosnjakovic joined the team in Germany directly from Madrid. Many of these players have never played together before this tournament. The team lost only the first game of the tournament against Italy, it was the close game , the team chemistry was not good in that game but since then team have played a very good basketball. We are missing several noticeable players due to injuries and other reasons. Like Radosic, Markovic, Radovic, plus our front court could be reinforced by some players from the generation born in 2007, players like Backo, Stojkovic ,Marjanovic and Ostojic. This team have some interesting prospects. My favorite player on this team is seven foot center Dimitrijevic. I think he could turn into the next great Serbian center. He's good on the both side of the court , he's long, good athlete , he can score inside and outside , but he's underutilized on the offense in this tournament , because this generation lacks the true point guard and the partnership between guards and centers is not the best.I like potential of this Serbian squad , I think there are more better prospects on this team than in the generation 2005 which have won last European U18 tournament. They should qualify for U19 World championship but I think that our team will contend for the medal if we bring the best possible squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Srle View Post

As the poster above me have just written, Serbian U18 team have just made the finals at the tournament in Germany. Our team only had few days of the preparation before the tournament , for example Bosnjakovic joined the team in Germany directly from Madrid. Many of these players have never played together before this tournament. The team lost only the first game of the tournament against Italy, it was the close game , the team chemistry was not good in that game but since then team have played a very good basketball. We are missing several noticeable players due to injuries and other reasons. Like Radosic, Markovic, Radovic, plus our front court could be reinforced by some players from the generation born in 2007, players like Backo, Stojkovic ,Marjanovic and Ostojic. This team have some interesting prospects. My favorite player on this team is seven foot center Dimitrijevic. I think he could turn into the next great Serbian center. He's good on the both side of the court , he's long, good athlete , he can score inside and outside , but he's underutilized on the offense in this tournament , because this generation lacks the true point guard and the partnership between guards and centers is not the best.I like potential of this Serbian squad , I think there are more better prospects on this team than in the generation 2005 which have won last European U18 tournament. They should qualify for U19 World championship but I think that our team will contend for the medal if we bring the best possible squad.
            Very talented generation, but they need more time to truly mesh together. Will keep an eye on Dimitrijevic, could be a complete two way center. A rim protector and type of center we have lacked since Rebraca.

Comment

We lost the final to Australia, it was the good one. We made good come back at the end, the refs were trash they screwed us at the end of the game, Bosnjakovic was fouled on that drive to the basket. But I am satisfied with the performance of the team in this tournament. A few days of the preparations with no tune up games, players had to built chemistry on the fly, also missing some players. This Serbian team will be very good this summer, looking forward to following U18 tournament.

Comment

The only thing to worry about is finding proper balance between inside/outside game and ball distribution between ball dominant players like Drezgic, Kostic, Radosic, Bosnjakovic. They need time and good preparations.

Comment

Interesting post relating this tournament. 2006 gen is really heavy in PG talent:

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Mario Saint-Supery​ also shouldn't be forgotten as he was MVP of U16 of this gen. Now I think it will be between Gonzalez and Jakucionis if both will show up.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information