No announcement yet.

Adriatic league 2007/2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yhey obviously pushing Lazic and Covic. In my opinion Jeremic is much better than both of them. He was one of the best players in Novi Sad. Lazic is a foul machine. He need to ride bench little bit more.
    UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by woma
      There are rumours in Poland that Stal Ostrow can try to get back Tony Akins. Anything about it in Croatia? What is the money situation this year in Split? Last year it wasn't good, since it was a reason Otis Hill left a club.
      Stal Ostrow buy Brandon Hughes, so they dont need another PG/SG ... Akins will stay in Croatia.

Comment

• Can you tell me why San Hoskin do not play in the starting five against Buducnost?
        Cibona startes with Vukusic. He is the most important player. Wah he any problem?

Comment

• 5th round

FMP - Vojvodina 82:75
          Krstović 23, Labović 17, Samardžinski 16 +10reb +3blocks, Erceg 6; Bojović 15, Golubović 13 +10reb, Marković 13 +9reb, Djordjević 13

Slovan - Zagreb 89:102
          Clemons 28, Novak 16, Modrič 13; Vladović 27 +11as +4 steals (index 42), Tomić 20, Dundović 20, Simon 15

once more a headache... Slovan was already leading by 15 and managed to loose the game. Changes among the players are imo neccesity now...

Helios - Partizan 54:71
          Zagorc 11, Troha 10, Krejič 10; Tepić 13, Veličković 13 +8reb, Peković 12, Palacio 9 +6TO

Zadar - Split 91:70
          Lalić 23 +10reb, Brewer 20 +8reb+6as, Gečevski 12 +7reb, Stallworth 10; Akins 14 +8as, Garnett 13, Rudež 12

Hemofarm - Å iroki 76:64
          Joksimovič 14 +5as, Vukosavljević 13, Rakić 11, Božović 11; Tomas 16 +7as, Dijan 14, Å pralja 11 +9reb

Zvezda - Olimpija 92:81
          Dragičević 30 (6/8 3 pointers), Cook 17 +5as, Marković 17 +6reb +4as, MiÅ¡anović 10; Hukić 19, Bailey 17, Dragič 14 +5reb +6as, Dončič 11

Zupan and Taylor were non-existant, while Zupan also joined Booker in playing the worst inside defense I've seen in a while. Olimpija can't repeat as bad defense again, Begič alone should be an improvement let alone Milič...
          Dragičević just as in preseason- phenomenal... and first time I've actually seen Markovič playing (usualy he was just moving on court, not actually playing)

Cibona - Budućnost 80:78
          Ayuso 16, Warren 14 +9reb, VukuÅ¡ić 13, Hoskin 11, Princ 10; Micov 17, Bakić 13, OtaÅ¡ević 12

standings:
          1. Partizan Igokea 4 / 1
          2. Crvena zvezda 4 / 1
          3. Union Olimpija 3 / 2
          4. FMP 3 / 2
          5. Budućnost 3 / 2
          6. Split CO 3 / 2
          7. Cibona 3 / 2
          8. Zadar 3 / 2
          9. Zagreb CO 3 / 2
          10. Hemofarm 2 / 3
          11. Vojvodina 1 / 4
          12. Helios Domžale 1 / 4
          13. Å iroki Prima pivo 1 / 4
          14. Geoplin Slovan 1 / 4
          Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
          That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

• Originally posted by ZoranPlaninic
            Can you tell me why San Hoskin do not play in the starting five against Buducnost?
            Cibona startes with Vukusic. He is the most important player. Wah he any problem?
            Vrankovic just wanted to give a chance to Vukusic and Kelley againts lower level team like Buducnost. Hoskin will be in starting lineup againts Efes.

Must say Mijatovic is a big disappointment for me. He has made no improvement in the past two years. Nenad has great physical tools, good crossover, excellent release on his shot, but on the other end he is brainless, without poise, bad shot selection, poor defending, really player with low basketball IQ. Thanks to his combination of quickness and shooting he will be useful offensive spark perhaps at the highest european level, but most likely won`t develop into a go-to-PG many projected him to be.

Dasic is another slowly developing Buducnost`s phenom. He was playing just a bit, and perhaps if he wasn`t at all Buducnost would shock Cibona. Playing at the 3 position he has the size advantage, but his lack of ballhandling and consistent shooting prevent him from being effective. Dasic is a real tweener who needs to shape up his game better. He has interesting physical profile to go along with some emerging skills, but will need to either improve his tehnique (shoot, handling) or add some power to play in the post.

Kelley is brainless PG with good quickness, who cannot finish in the lane, cannot defend and take care of the ball. He will make some good pass for a bigmen in the middle here and there, but generally he will be gone as soon as Morovic gets back in shape (approximately in three weeks).

Split made 13 3pts in first half and was losing by 7, that tells you enough. Even if almost everyone was delighted with their "historical" streak of three wins - we need to put things into perspective. Thier only legitmate win was againts struggling FMP (they also had a "wind" from ref`s). Slovan is what it is (worst in Adriatic), and Helios is just a notch better. I don`t like Subotic`s game plan at all. He does a good job of motivating his players and his defensive scheme`s are rock solid, but offensively Split has been playing nothing in his stint (which is still more then in during previous coaches)....put the ball in Akins hands and wait for him to create...or Garnett lunching long ball over defenders hands...they have basiclly two offensive actions - pick and roll and shot off screen. Expecting Hemofarm to beat them by 5-10 points on saturday.
            My blog about european hoops http://insidehoops.blog.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Markoishvili
              Vrankovic just wanted to give a chance to Vukusic and Kelley againts lower level team like Buducnost. Hoskin will be in starting lineup againts Efes.

Must say Mijatovic is a big disappointment for me. He has made no improvement in the past two years. Nenad has great physical tools, good crossover, excellent release on his shot, but on the other end he is brainless, without poise, bad shot selection, poor defending, really player with low basketball IQ. Thanks to his combination of quickness and shooting he will be useful offensive spark perhaps at the highest european level, but most likely won`t develop into a go-to-PG many projected him to be.
              I can't avoid Koljević comparison here... Koljević just as Mijatović shined at a very young age, for later developing into a decent player, but nothing close to what a person would say seeing him at the age of 19, 20...
              Mijatović did broke his hand in the offseason, that's why i think he does deserve some patience untill the middle of the season...

Kelley is brainless PG with good quickness, who cannot finish in the lane, cannot defend and take care of the ball. He will make some good pass for a bigmen in the middle here and there, but generally he will be gone as soon as Morovic gets back in shape (approximately in three weeks).
              haven't seen Cibona yet, but why doesn't he get fired yet?

Split made 13 3pts in first half and was losing by 7, that tells you enough. Even if almost everyone was delighted with their "historical" streak of three wins - we need to put things into perspective. Thier only legitmate win was againts struggling FMP (they also had a "wind" from ref`s). Slovan is what it is (worst in Adriatic), and Helios is just a notch better. I don`t like Subotic`s game plan at all. He does a good job of motivating his players and his defensive scheme`s are rock solid, but offensively Split has been playing nothing in his stint (which is still more then in during previous coaches)....put the ball in Akins hands and wait for him to create...or Garnett lunching long ball over defenders hands...they have basiclly two offensive actions - pick and roll and shot off screen. Expecting Hemofarm to beat them by 5-10 points on saturday.
              I agree they should maybee try to play in the post a bit more, with Rudež and Ivanov taking the lead there, but both keep playing on the perimeter too much for my taste
              That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

• I can't avoid Koljević comparison here... Koljević just as Mijatović shined at a very young age, for later developing into a decent player, but nothing close to what a person would say seeing him at the age of 19, 20...
                Mijatović did broke his hand in the offseason, that's why i think he does deserve some patience untill the middle of the season...
                It was the leg and not the hand. He should start to play as fulltime SG. There he could have the advantage over Koljevic, because he is bigger then it is Koljevic. But it seems like Buducnost had made a new Koljevic after some years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buducnost PG
                  It was the leg and not the hand. He should start to play as fulltime SG. There he could have the advantage over Koljevic, because he is bigger then it is Koljevic. But it seems like Buducnost had made a new Koljevic after some years.
                  even worse if it's his leg than, I only knew he broke sth. of his in Budva (or whereever, doesn't matter really).
                  I agree about the SG thing, but as Bakić gets in full shape, he'll probably get the most playing time there...

Comment

• Bakic played very well, he even had one monster block on Mulaomerovic`s layup. Popovic was terrible. The funniest moment was when Micov in traffic put to ball in his own basket with his head - never saw something like that.
                    My blog about european hoops http://insidehoops.blog.com

Comment

• I'm a bit late for today, but Å iroki decided to broadcast their game on the internet since BiH national TV won't buyout TV rights for NLB league http://upit.siroki.net/live/

Comment

• Split was up by 18 (62-44) with 11 minutes to go...
                        hemofarm won 77-73..
                        this is a kind of loss that won't be easy to forget..
                        "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

• Great day for serbian teams. 5 games and 5 wins. Very nice.

Slovan was also great again. I realy hope they will be last and will not play next year in NLB again.

Siroki-Zvezda was a bad game. At the end Zvezda was the luckier team and won.

Palacio again to many Turnover. Today 8.

Comment

• Good game by Raduljica. He is much more talented than Samardziski. But Samardziski is much more experienced. I hope he will get more minutes in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Srle
                              Good game by Raduljica. He is much more talented than Samardziski. But Samardziski is much more experienced. I hope he will get more minutes in the future.
                              Yes a good game for him. But still he picked up 4 fouls in 17min against a team like Slovan. As i said before the season. Samardziski is by far the better player for now. He is simply amazing in rebounding and shootblocking so far. And he also hits around 70% of his shots from the field. Raduljica today played more, becuase the game was won in the 1st quarter by FMP and the opponent was the weakest team of the league. And as i said before the season. He could be lucky, if he will get 15mppg throught this season.

Comment

• Well he was in the game when Slovan made that las run. And he picked two fouls very late. He was beast on the boards.Samardziski was in a foul trouble whole game. Against same weak Slovan. Samardziski is more experienced but he is not near to Raduljica potential. I think his weakness is his mentality. He remind me of Radmanovic. Great physicall gifts and talent. But he seems not interested in most matches. I hope he will change that. If FMP shop Erceg(I doubt in that now) beacue of latest result. He will get more minutes. Him or Macvan. Labovic is a big disapointment so far.He also playing for FMP II.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information