Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the greatest European player ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
    Actually I wasted my time with you but never mind, sometimes it's good to educate bias people like you.

Who the hell ''Giannis'' You mean that Nigerian guy ? Since when we can count these players as European ? Bobby Dixon is also a Turk then

The problem is that they believe that he was a ''role player'' in Orlando It's obvious that the people who say this didn't watch the NBA games or they are extremely biased.

As you say Hedo was even better than Lewis there, and only second to Dwight, and he was using the most difficulty shots (and no, not like Fisher, Horry and Kerr, he was using it by playing one-on-one) during the play-offs. He basically carried his team to the finals with Dwight. And it's nothing wrong to say this. He is not a star in the NBA, but he is good enough to be on the greatest of European players in here, especially when you see which players other people are choosing against Hedo and Okur.
    I think they don`t know there is another tier between a star and role player. The between is a starter. A guy that can start in any team would be a starter which is what Hedo was. He could have start in at least 25 NBA teams at his peak

Comment

• LOL. This is ridiculous.

Starters are also role players wtf are you people talking about. Hedo Turkoglu was a starter, so was fucking Rick Fox. Starter is not a description of a players impact on the game and quality. Hedo was always a role player, nothing more. A good role player though.

Regarding idiotic Tefvik claims about taking 1-on-1 shots, and only stars taking them is just awful. Then again he had the balls to talk about all star injury replacement as a measure of quality. Mike Bibby took all 1 on 1 shots in the clutch for the Kings, Sam Cassel for multiple teams, Jamal Crawford for Clippers does it often, Chauncey Billups did it for Detroit, Sam Jones did it for Celtics, Ray Allen did it many times as a role player later on in his career, D'Angelo Russel now does it for the Lakers, James Johnson for the Heat. We can go, on and on and on.

This topic has to go back on the track and stop this non-sense of including guys like Hedo and Okur in the GOAT Europeans...

Comment

Actually I wasted my time with you but never mind, sometimes it's good to educate bias people like you.

Who the hell ''Giannis'' You mean that Nigerian guy ? Since when we can count these players as European ? Bobby Dixon is also a Turk then
        The difference is that Dixon is a naturalized player who got paid to represent the Turkish Nt (and shows exactly the situation in Turkish basketball right now) and Antetokounmpo was born and raised in Greece so he's fully available to play with the Nt. His case is similar to Hedo Turkoglu, Mehmet Okur, Kenan Sipahi, Birkan Batuk, Emir Preldzic, Mircad Turkcan, Ersan Ilyasova and plenty of others that I can't recall at the moment. So you have no right to complain about it.

As for my suggestions for an all time great Greek player, all of Galis, Spanoulis, Diamantidis and Giannis are already more reasonable choices that the almighty Hedo Turkoglu and Mehmet Okur. But I'm neither biased nor high to say they're the best of the best no matter what, it is plain ridiculous.
        1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by R1ou View Post
          As for my suggestions for an all time great Greek player, all of Galis, Spanoulis, Diamantidis and Giannis are already more reasonable choices that the almighty Hedo Turkoglu and Mehmet Okur. But I'm neither biased nor high to say they're the best of the best no matter what, it is plain ridiculous.
          Seriously, I am not going to say they are on the same level with the likes of Nowitzki or P.Gasol, but they are obviously better than Spanoulis, Diamantidis, Galis. You can compare them with Ersan Ilyasova and Omer Asik, but not with Hedo and Okur. Also I am not counting Anteto because of the obvious reasons.

Originally posted by R1ou View Post
          The difference is that Dixon is a naturalized player who got paid to represent the Turkish Nt (and shows exactly the situation in Turkish basketball right now) and Antetokounmpo was born and raised in Greece so he's fully available to play with the Nt. His case is similar to Hedo Turkoglu, Mehmet Okur, Kenan Sipahi, Birkan Batuk, Emir Preldzic, Mircad Turkcan, Ersan Ilyasova and plenty of others that I can't recall at the moment. So you have no right to complain about it.
          I see no difference between them. Anteto didn't receive Greek citizenship until you guys realized that he will be a great player and only then he received that citizenship Don't act like he was already a Greek citizen before his basketball career.

The son of immigrants from Nigeria, Antetokounmpo was born in Athens, Greece on December 6, 1994. Three years earlier, his parents had moved from Lagos, Nigeria, to Greece, leaving behind their first born son, Francis, with his grandparents.[7] Even though Antetokounmpo and three of his four brothers were born in Greece, they did not automatically qualify to receive full Greek citizenship.[5] For the first 18 years of his life, Antetokounmpo had no papers, neither from Nigeria, nor from Greece.[8]
          Antetokounmpo grew up in the Athens neighborhood of Sepolia.[6] Like many other immigrants to Greece, his parents struggled to find work. Antetokounmpo and his older brother, Thanasis, helped out by hawking items such as watches, bags and sunglasses
          Last edited by Tevfik1907; 06-07-2017, 07:38 AM.
          FENERBAHÇE
          --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
          --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
          --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
          --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

• sporx.com's list ;

-Divac
            -Sabonis
            -Stojakovic
            -Okur
            -M.Gasol
            -Petrovic
            -Hedo
            -Parker
            -P.Gasol
            -Nowitzki
            FENERBAHÇE
            --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
            --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---

Comment

• it seems this topic also went everywhere...

as for the greatest euro players, below would be my roster, from the players that I could watch. That means it is a bit more EL based than NBA:

Parker, Jasikevicius, Diamantidis
              Bodiroga, Spanoulis, Marciulionis
              Kukoc, Kirilenko
              Nowitzki (MVP), P. Gasol
              Sabonis, Divac

Turkoglu and Okur were great players, but they cannot displace anyone from the list above. I actually like Mirsad Turkcan more than either of them for the best Turkish player, but it's not about who we like.
              5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                it seems this topic also went everywhere...
                Topic didn't go anywhere Mindozas seem like having an issue about my opinion that Hedo and Okur are one of the 12 top players in Europe so he tried to bait me in the topic with another subject. It's interesting that he is a moderator...

CoacZ is insulting other users once again because of their personal opinion, as I said before he is an anti-Turk racist and he can't even deal with that when I declare my own personal opinion about best 12 players in the Europe, plain and simple.
                FENERBAHÇE

Comment

• The fact that he received the citizenship in the age of 18 has nothing to do with the fact that he was not and raised here so he's fully available to play why the national team.

Turkoglu and Okur being better than Spanoulis, Diamantidis and Galis is just... [edited]
                  Last edited by Levenspiel; 06-07-2017, 11:10 AM.
                  1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

• I think Galis and Diamantidis could have had solid NBA careers much like Turkoglu and Okur. I would compare Galis to the combo guard Vinnie Johnson and Diamantidis along the lines of a Nate McMillan type.
                    Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

• They would be no different than Spanoulis.

31 Games - PTS 2.7 - REB 0.7 - AST 0.9

Which is also why I choose Jasikevicius over Spanoulis or Diamantidis in my personal Euro GOAT 12. At least he wasn't bad as Spanoulis.

Originally posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
                      Here's my 12 of all time ;

Guards : Ricky Rubio - Tony Parker - Sarunas Jasikevicius
                      Forwards : Drazen Petrovic - Peja Stojakovic - Hedo Turkoglu - Toni Kukoc - Dirk Nowitzki
                      Centers : Arvydas Sabonis - Pau Gasol - Vlade Divac - Mehmet Okur
                      Last edited by Tevfik1907; 06-07-2017, 11:39 AM.
                      FENERBAHÇE

Comment

• Stop this nonsense. Jasikevicius and Navarro didn't succeed there either, Teodosic and Llull haven't played in the NBA yet. Doesn't change the fact that all of them are amazing players and could be considered as borderline all time greats.

Better stick to hockey, no wonder why everybody ridicules you.
                        1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

Stop this nonsense. Jasikevicius and Navarro didn't succeed there either, Teodosic and Llull haven't played in the NBA yet. Doesn't change the fact that all of them are amazing players and could be considered as borderline all time greats.
                          No one said they aren't great players they are just not better than Okur and Hedo
                          FENERBAHÇE

Comment

Stop this nonsense. Jasikevicius and Navarro didn't succeed there either, Teodosic and Llull haven't played in the NBA yet. Doesn't change the fact that all of them are amazing players and could be considered as borderline all time greats.

Better stick to hockey, no wonder why everybody ridicules you.
                            NBA success plays a role in evaluating but it's not everything.
                            If it was you would see guys like Bargnani and Galinari on people's list but you don't and you shouldn't.
                            Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

• Again he lists Drazen as a Forward ahhahhahahahahhaha.

Rubio on the list? Hahhahahhaha

You are from Narnia obviously...

Comment

No one said they aren't great players they are just not better than Okur and Hedo
                                Yet again nobody else except of you thinks that. Not a coincidence.
                                1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information