Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man U18 gonna be special Jakucionis tearing it in Europe, Induraitis in USA. And there's also Buika. Best guards edition in one team ever:

LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Purlys says he wants Buika and Butajevas from U17 team for his U18. Makes sense. Butajevas can really improve thin frontcourt line-up of U18. Raupelis and Butajevas would make this U18 even harder to beat. But it will depend on those kids physical presence after WC U17. With all pieces it would be nearly perfect team.

It will be interesting how we will do in U17 though. Buika will be huge, Butajevas will be huge, Urbonas kid can be very good at this stage and some other kids can play. Will that be enough to be in semis or snatch medals? Probably they might miss some depth and physicality. Another star guard or wing would do it likely. It will depend a lot on how much Buika, Butajevas, Urbonas improved and is Dauberis developing (he has special upside, but really shaky floor).

U16 has Stombergas' son. I didn't see him play yet, so it will be interesting to watch how 2008 generation looks.
      Last edited by Straight forward; 03-04-2024, 11:19 AM.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• I don't recall such prospect as Justas Stonkus. He is extremely inefficient scorer and the biggest ballhog ever, I think. I mean it even hurts to see how he stops the ball and how uselessly he kneads the ball. It's something, it's phenomenon. Dude is scoring 11,2pts which is pretty nice, but he has only 4.6 efficiency and it used to 4 or below (had a better stretch recently). He is somewhat talented, but I never seen more ill-adviced Lithuanian prospect. His game is like disease. I think it's useful to him to read this if he by any chance will do this. I mean he has to change his attitude and to add understanding of the game as soon as possible if he wants to be decent PRO. I don't have him as big prospect by any means like some people do, I hope he will be far away from NT god help, but he himself can still change some things to have a BB player's career. Anyway, it's amazing how wrong is his game.

BTW, Matas Vokietaitis is a stud. Good motor, bouncy, pretty athletic, some room to grow fundamentals. Another very good Lithuanian big. More of traditional, but still EL is reachable for him.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Well, seems like another good news for 2006 golden generation. Their main big Nedas Raupelis finished the season extremely strong, in last 2 knock out stage games he added 15eff and last game 29eff. Still 17yo. Will be interesting to see him in upcoming ANGT. If Purlys will have good looking Raupelis and 2007 gen stud Butajevas will join, game over. Lithuania taking it all again.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Good news on Nedas Raupelis. Really talented. He showed his talent in ANGT Dubai. Some traits are very promising. I like the most that he is a shot blocker, really contents the shots and changes them when fully on in, he had 2 blocks per game, he has good p'n'r D awariness and he can even switch against smaller players rather effectively. ATM, I have him as potentially the best defender long term of our bigs, Krivas is second. He is a strong rebounder too. His effort and positioning is still a little bit raw. He tends to be sleepy in situations where he has to put more effort and loses and sometimes just lacking experience to be always spot on with his rotations, but the feeling is there. It's great to watch how he defends pick and roll. Differently than Krivas who relies only on his length, Raupelis has leaping ability and that changes many shots, he really can get up. If he will continue to improve, NT can have very very strong defensive 5.

Offensively he can put the ball on the floor a little but, even attack face to the basket sometimes and has a pretty good passing touch. Not much of a shooting though, he won't be stretching anything offensively. He just needs to polish his pick and roll game and passing. That's the key for him and that's contemporary big action.

I'm higher on Juzenas after this one. Long arms and competes hard at both ends. A fighter and a gutsy player playing with swagger, cold nerves. I thought he's just Zalgiris long term material, but noiw I wouldn't rule out that he will be on NT map long term. Specially in those tournaments where Buzelis will be off. He offers both D and O and he is great hustle player and rebounder at the wing. I can see him being useful defensively at 3 and hitting his threes. 3 and D guy. Sirvydis doesn't have defense, nor does Brazdeikis. So when Buzelis is off at 3, we might want to have Juzenas (even though he might be competing with much more offensively talented Lelevicius at this spot, so his NT career is definitely not open, but he will be a really good PRO). Rear guy with a swagger from Lithuanians. Edgy guy.

Buika had a bad tournament. The shot was off all tournament wise. He is the most talented from the bunch and has tons of moves and ISO game and talent, but needs to polish his finishing. Also needs to polish his handles even more and become stronger. He will need time to get there. Still rather row, specially shooting wise. He'll be elite offensively and borderline elite defensively in his prime.

Laurencikas still lost compared to what we seen in U16, but showed some sparkles. Nevertheless disappointing overall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW3whZwydj0&ab_channel=EUROLEAGUEBASKETBAL L

Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• I think Raupelis simulates contemporary modern center nearly optimally that white Euro can. In my book, today the best version of center is (aside some nearly non existant freaks as Jokic) a center who can switch a little a bit and is mobile rim protector. Offensively he doesn't ask the ball and just roles, goes for put backs or finishes in transition and he can pass a bit for a big. A la Capela and such. For a white guy Raupelis gets as close to this as it is probably possible. I like that offensively he also has a little face to the basket game and in certain locational advantage situations can use that.

I'm very optimistic about our future basketball (specially 2027-2035 stretch). Our guard and wing depth is going off chart and we can fix our eternal problem with offensive centers too. Krivas and Raupelis can really provide D. And the same Tubelis potentially can develop much more defense than JV/Domas. Knowing that next these will be a shot blocker Buzelis (should be a glue guy defensively) and defensively capable Sedekerskis, the picture looks more than optimistic. Lithuania can unite lock down guard defenders (Giedraitis, Marciulionis, Jakucionis) with mobile rim protecting frontcourt, creating true international powerhouse again. I don't see us matching France's defensive upside, let's face it hey will be scary with Wemby, Sarr and all that Jazz, but teams as Spain, Serbia have no defensive upside as Lithuania in the horizon (maybe Spain has, but it's a question, while Serbia surely does not have). I believe Lithuania should emerge as the second most complete team in Europe in 27-35 stretch after France (and even that comes with the condition that they find true answers at PG spot which might be a real issue). LTU should be on the same tier offensively with Spain, Serbia (extremely talented) and defensively superior than these teams.

So I kinda have Euro powerhouses evolving this way in the second half of 20s (Germany won't sustain current golden age after Schroder's decline):

1. France.
              2. Lithuania.
              3/4. Serbia/Spain.

Nedas Raupelis (Zalgiris) was an impressive defender on multiple levels of the floor. He’s slightly undersized for a rim protector, but he more than compensates with his mobility and defensive instincts, which allow him to block shots at the rim and even cover drives in the perimeter. Offensively, he did a good job of finishing plays at the rim as a roll man and in limited post-up opportunities.

A look at the top prospects in attendance at the latest Adidas Next Generation Tournament qualifiers.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                I think Raupelis simulates contemporary modern center nearly optimally that white Euro can. In my book, today the best version of center is (aside some nearly non existant freaks as Jokic) a center who can switch a little a bit and is mobile rim protector. Offensively he doesn't ask the ball and just roles, goes for put backs or finishes in transition and he can pass a bit for a big. A la Capela and such. For a white guy Raupelis gets as close to this as it is probably possible. I like that offensively he also has a little face to the basket game and in certain locational advantage situations can use that.

I'm very optimistic about our future basketball (specially 2027-2035 stretch). Our guard and wing depth is going off chart and we can fix our eternal problem with offensive centers too. Krivas and Raupelis can really provide D. And the same Tubelis potentially can develop much more defense than JV/Domas. Knowing that next these will be a shot blocker Buzelis (should be a glue guy defensively) and defensively capable Sedekerskis, the picture looks more than optimistic. Lithuania can unite lock down guard defenders (Giedraitis, Marciulionis, Jakucionis) with mobile rim protecting frontcourt, creating true international powerhouse again. I don't see us matching France's defensive upside, let's face it hey will be scary with Wemby, Sarr and all that Jazz, but teams as Spain, Serbia have no defensive upside as Lithuania in the horizon (maybe Spain has, but it's a question, while Serbia surely does not have). I believe Lithuania should emerge as the second most complete team in Europe in 27-35 stretch after France (and even that comes with the condition that they find true answers at PG spot which might be a real issue). LTU should be on the same tier offensively with Spain, Serbia (extremely talented) and defensively superior than these teams.

So I kinda have Euro powerhouses evolving this way in the second half of 20s (Germany won't sustain current golden age after Schroder's decline):

1. France.
                2. Lithuania.
                3/4. Serbia/Spain.

Nedas Raupelis (Zalgiris) was an impressive defender on multiple levels of the floor. He’s slightly undersized for a rim protector, but he more than compensates with his mobility and defensive instincts, which allow him to block shots at the rim and even cover drives in the perimeter. Offensively, he did a good job of finishing plays at the rim as a roll man and in limited post-up opportunities.

A look at the top prospects in attendance at the latest Adidas Next Generation Tournament qualifiers.

That's pretty bold statement. If all of Jakucionis, Buzelis, Giedraitis, Marculionis, Sirvydis live up to expectations, then you may be right. However, that is a lot of hypothetical talk because not even one of them proved to be at the level you project them to be. Some of them are not even playing senior basketball yet. Talent is there, but being top 2-3 teams in Europe is very hard and will be even harder in upcoming years.

Comment

• SL,

Aside established corner stones (still long term elite pieces) as Sabonis, Jokubaitis (monitor his NT performance and role) , Sedekerskis, there's incredible depth of elite prospects in each position. We literally have 3-6 elite prospects per each position. I'm not sure any other Euro country can field that, knowing France struggle with PG slot. Hayes and Maledon sort of busting out and they lack true fundamentally sound PGs.

Defensively I see LTU as second highest upside in Europe.

Regarding star power there's Buzelis, Sabonis as world class material and I think Jakucionis is fringe material of that breed too. He's more than just another EL elite player. Providing huge strides as 17to.

All this makes me project we can match (and even exceed) all in Europe except Frances several lottery picks and even several No.1 picks.

LTU prospects pan out well usually.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• I discovered a big prospect today. Emilis Žibūda. Dominated London basketball and moved to USA recently. Really interesting 2008 (15yo) gen gem. 6'6 size and probably should grow more. Guard skills, very fast release, a bit strange, but seems to be deadly shooter, can handle the ball, pass, get inside, has special smoothness and ability to finish acrobatic shots, extreme hypnotic feel for the game. I get a bit of Bodiroga, Hezonja in him and few guys I have in mind, but can not figure out what he reminds me of. Watched tons of highlights and he might be a surefire NBA prospect:

Here he talks his story:

https://twitter.com/search?q=Emilis Zibuda&src=typed_query&f=live

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• its getting sad at this point. Lithuania has been relying on foreign countries to develop players for them since domantas sabonis

Comment

• Originally posted by zalias View Post
                        its getting sad at this point. Lithuania has been relying on foreign countries to develop players for them since domantas sabonis
                        He's been balling with Lithuanians in London. Listen to that link below I shared. He played for "Baltic Stars", Lithuanian basketball team in London. So he polished his skills balling with Liths. Not that I see any problems for pure blood Liths getting their basketball fundamentals outside LTU. We know how "legit" is our coaching...

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• There's a good piece on Žibūda:

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Good news from Youth basketball coaches. Basically no absences so far, all players coming.

U20 will have Murauskas and Krivas. Seems like Murauskas priority is NCAA, but he doesn't rule out a chance to play in Europe too.

U18 will have Jakucionis, Indrusaitis and others. Juzenas is expected to play much bigger role than he did for U16 (no brainer) while Grizauskas, Bancevicius might make a team while previously didn't. Grizauskas is really good, good defender, great motor, but guards section is so stacked even he is not guaranteed of the spot. 3 players from 2007 gen are candidates to join U18 after U17 WC - Butejaevas, Buika, Urbonas. I sincerely doubt anyone in Europe can match Lithuania. I liked how Purlys openly named Jakucionis as the leader of this gen and I think it's right even knowing that there's Indrusaitis next him. In my opinion no-one can match Jakucionis, Indrusaitis, Juzenas, Raupelis punch. Too gutsy, too talented, too athletic for this stage and there's still literally crazy depth.

U17 should be sneaky good with Butajevas, Buika and Urbonas (who probably made most improvement). Some other solid player in this 2007 gen.

I have no much info about U16 team, but I wish to see my mentioned 2008 gen Emilis Zibuda. To see if he's a real deal prospect or just a twitter bubble. Ignas Stombergas is highly treated prospect. So obviously already few names that has to be monitored.

Could be one of the best Youth summers historically. Each age group has realistic chances to go after medals.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Murauskas joins Marciulionis to Gaels. Will be fun. Too bad Mahaney left. This would be heck of a team.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Scoutspects provided fun rankings of 2006, 2007 and 2008 gens. I think they pretty spot on. They put Jakucionis at 2. Traore at 1 and he's good, but I lack X factor in him. It's like he's good at everything, but doesn't seem to be special at any part. Overall I think Gonzalez still has probably the best upside because of his size, athleticism and overall feel for the game for the NBA game, but as FIBA goes I would actually be most optimistic about Jakucionis. All these pure guards who can do a lot and at the same SHOOT is deadly. Kasparas I think has nicest shooting profile from all top 10 gen of 2006. Besides, I think Euro scouts sleep on Indrusaitis. He plays oversees so they can't objectively rank him, but, IMO, he should be in the top 10 probably too. Last summer he was MVP of Euro BWB.

I'm pleased to see Emilis Zibuda name among top 10 players of 2008 gen. I wrote our federation about them, I hope they won't sleep on him. U16 coaches must invite him to the camp and try.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information