No announcement yet.

Linas Kleiza Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SACRAMENTO, CA - DECEMBER 23: Linas Kleiza #43 of the Denver Nuggets shoots the game-winning three pointer against John Salmons #15 of the Sacramento Kings at ARCO Arena
    Actually, it was a two pointer shot
    One day the tides will turn
    One day the fields will burn
    One day the seas will churn
    The fury of our maker’s hand

Comment

Originally posted by mvblair
      Now, I hate to brag, but I remember when Kleiza was attending the University of Missouri, I said he was going to be a big-time player. A lot of my Lithuanian friends here laughed at me.
      Now that is strange, cause here in Lithuania was a lot of talks about Kleiza since he was 15 i guess. I remember him playing in "small euroleague" (tournament of lithuanian schools) for one of Kaunas schools. The guys who was into bball clearly knew that he's the best of his age in Lithuania.
      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
      Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Happy birthday Linai! Improve as much as you did it last year And may your wish to meet USA NT in Oympics final come true
        One day the tides will turn
        One day the fields will burn
        One day the seas will churn
        The fury of our maker’s hand

Comment

Now, I hate to brag, but I remember when Kleiza was attending the University of Missouri, I said he was going to be a big-time player. A lot of my Lithuanian friends here laughed at me. He had some very good seasons in the NBA and then pounced during the '07 summer. I feel really good about saying he'd be great!

Looking rather angry as he celebrates with his teammates
          Game winning shot
          Is Brad Miller crying???
          I follow his career since he was 16 years old. Everyone who like basketball knew him since then and knew he will be very good player. Those lithuanians who laughed at you were idiots.

Today is his birthday and he probably will get drunk. Let's hope he wouldn't piss on walls this time

Comment

Career high tonight for Kleiza: 41 points, along with 9 rebounds in a win over Utah.

Comment

Originally posted by BBallfanJ
              Career high tonight for Kleiza: 41 points, along with 9 rebounds in a win over Utah.
              Wow! I'm sure no-one expected this from him, at least not for the time being. I mean, how many players have his point average and then score 41?
              Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
              Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur
                Wow! I'm sure no-one expected this from him, at least not for the time being. I mean, how many players have his point average and then score 41?
                correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks as our previous best was 35 points (once by Marciulionis and twice by Ilgauskas). Kleiza's performance doesn't fit any pattern, imho, it's almost unbelievable. he also managed to score 20 points in the second quarter allone. I'm begining to like Iverson ( )
                stop russia

Comment

wow! This guy is something special. I mean he wasn't good in preparation with NT, but then managed to be one of the leaders in Eurobasket. and playing for Denver...sometimes he doesn't scores a single point and sometimes scores over 20 (though there's nothing to wonder- he's playing with Iverson and Melo and Nuggets coaches are happy that Linas is working harder than those STARS and trying to get the ball by him helf in offense...). But, man, 41 point is something special! I mean it's quite good record for any NBA star. Linas is almost unstoppable in the paint, we saw that in eurobasket and if he hits his 3 pointers- he's simply a monster
                  Last edited by Straight forward; 01-18-2008, 11:21 AM.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur
                    Expert recap and game analysis of the Denver Nuggets vs. Utah Jazz NBA game from January 17, 2008 on ESPN.

see the video about Kleiza's performance. note the USSR joke. now throw a rock at me if this is not a really pathetic "I've no idea about the outside world, I'm living in a shell" example of USA mentality.
                    stop russia

Comment

Originally posted by kestas
                      http://sports.espn.go.com:80/nba/recap?gameId=280117007

see the video about Kleiza's performance. note the USSR joke. now throw a rock at me if this is not a really pathetic "I've no idea about the outside world, I'm living in a shell" example of USA mentality.
                      Agree. And isn't about the time for NBA commentators to pronounce Kleiza's name at least sufferably?

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward
                        Linas is almost unstoppable in the paint, we saw that in eurobasket and if he hits his 3 pointers- he's simply a monster
                        yeah, but even Nugets forumers on realgm tend to stress his poor decision making sometimes. and when an NBA fan says that, one should start thinking, imho.. I remember he made some super stupid decisions in Eurobasket, but somehow he managed to cover for them by hiting good shots. anyways, we'll see how it turns out in the summer..
                        stop russia

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward
                          Agree. And isn't about the time for NBA commentators to pronounce Kleiza's name at least sufferably?
                          whaha, Lainas Klaiza...
                          emmm, maybe at least Denver's commentators pronounce it correctly? At least I hope so
                          2nd in IBN EuroBasket 2011 Prediction!
                          2nd in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction!
                          MVP in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction! # Correct W-L: re5pectas (59)
                          All-Tornament Team in IBN EuroBasket 2015 Prediction! Perfect score: re5pectas (7)
                          All-Tornament Team in IBN World Cup 2019 Prediction! Perfect score: re5pectas (5)
                          2nd in IBN Olympic 2020 Predicion! Perfect score: re5pectas (2) Within 8: re5pectas (8) # Correct W-L: re5pectas (23)

Comment

Hell not even Sabas (33) made that. I mean, in a team with Allen Iverson and Carmelo Anthony scoring 41 points is something you don't get every day at all. Curiously enough it was not given a special highlight in NBA.com.
                            Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                            Artificial Nature

Comment

Now, I hate to brag, but I remember when Kleiza was attending the University of Missouri, I said he was going to be a big-time player. A lot of my Lithuanian friends here laughed at me. He had some very good seasons in the NBA and then pounced during the '07 summer. I feel really good about saying he'd be great!
                              Wow, Matt. You're so smart. You're probably the best basketball analyst in the world. I really like the way you describe players. You know Matt, you should really think about being an NBA scout or something. Good analysis.

Yours,
                              --Matt
                              "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Not the most handsome guy in this picture...
                                Happy fellow at the end of the match
                                Lay-up
                                Jump shot
                                Great hops!
                                Great hops II
                                A happy coach
                                Somebody put a body on this guy
                                Boozer can at least try...
                                "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information