Lietuvos Rytas 2010/2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lietuvos Rytas 2010/2011

With a latest addition of Jerry Johnson and Cemal Nalga Lietuvos Rytas is ready for the 2010/2011 season already, therefore we may start a new thread.

The final (?) roster, according to lrytas.lt:

C: Valančiūnas, Nalga
    PF: Bajramovič, Bjelica, Staniulis
    SF: Jomantas, Newley, Buterlevičius, Bendžius
    SG: Gecevičius, Šikšnius, Dambrauskas
    PG: Miloševič, Johnson, Kelys

Coaches: Anzulovič, Štelmahers, Gronskis

Those in bold, may be left in Perlas, although Staniulis could join the main team, I believe.

Furthermore, I'm pretty sure that Bjelica will be the starting center, since Valanciunas is not ready to lead the paint in EL, yet.

It seems, that we have only 2 Euroleague level players on c-pf positions. They are Bajramovich and Bjelica. Valanciunas will had to work a lot, but i doubt he will become such player, who will be able to play long minutes in EL, not next season, he's only 18. I don't know anything about Valga, but he played really little in Eurocup level team. And the fifth big guy is Staniulis. Hm, he should play in Perlas at least one more year. I feel worrying about frontcourt. If Bjelica plays as center, then ONLY Bajramovic is a PF. And if (tfu, tfu, tfu) some of them will be injured (as last season) then we will have very big problems...

Then sg-sf positions. Newley was the good signing. Then we still have Gecevicius and Jomantas. 3 suitable players for high level. But another two: Buterlevicius and Siksnius are not ready to do something in Euroleague. As for Dambrauskas, i don't know what he gonna do in Rytas, he wasn's a key player in Perlas, he should stay there and work a lot.

And pg position. I think, Johnson is quite a good signing. We need such player with scoring abilities. Milosevicius isn't suitable to be a main pg in EL. Kelys will probably play in LKL and VTB.

Taking everything into consideration, i see this roster as average, taking in mind, that we are preparing for EL. Vainauskas's worlds, that he hopes to have the best roster for the last 5 years, are very strange.

Comment

^ time will show. It's strange through that Gecevicius stayed, he had some big games in Euroleague but looks like no bigger clubs are interested in him.

Comment

The biggest concern is obviously a front line. I'm kinda torn on this: on one hand, it's great that Valančiūnas will get more playing time, on the other hand Nalga is obviously not good enough to be a decent contribution to the team in the Euroleague and if anyone gets injured, we're screwed. Hopefully Valančiūnas will improve during the summer, I'm glad that he will get his chance on the top level.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
          It seems, that we have only 2 Euroleague level players on c-pf positions. They are Bajramovich and Bjelica. Valanciunas will had to work a lot, but i doubt he will become such player, who will be able to play long minutes in EL, not next season, he's only 18. I don't know anything about Valga, but he played really little in Eurocup level team. And the fifth big guy is Staniulis. Hm, he should play in Perlas at least one more year. I feel worrying about frontcourt. If Bjelica plays as center, then ONLY Bajramovic is a PF. And if (tfu, tfu, tfu) some of them will be injured (as last season) then we will have very big problems...

Then sg-sf positions. Newley was the good signing. Then we still have Gecevicius and Jomantas. 3 suitable players for high level. But another two: Buterlevicius and Siksnius are not ready to do something in Euroleague. As for Dambrauskas, i don't know what he gonna do in Rytas, he wasn's a key player in Perlas, he should stay there and work a lot.

And pg position. I think, Johnson is quite a good signing. We need such player with scoring abilities. Milosevicius isn't suitable to be a main pg in EL. Kelys will probably play in LKL and VTB.

Taking everything into consideration, i see this roster as average, taking in mind, that we are preparing for EL. Vainauskas's worlds, that he hopes to have the best roster for the last 5 years, are very strange.
          well, you kinda just painted a very pessimistic outlook, but look at the bright side of things - we improved our PG rotation ( no need for explanation here - Jerry is miles better than "Vidulis"), we also improved our SG -SF position with a very good scorer Newley. Now center spot is with a biggest question mark, but if Valanciunas will get considerable amount of playing time and gaines coaches trust, he can do wonderous things arround the basket. I dunno much about the turkish fella, but I guess he will be good enough for garbage minutes. So overall the team improved, it will be only a question of right coaching strategy and team chemistry.

Comment

I`m looking forward to the next season. New squad is obviously better than we had last year. More high level players. Johnson is pretty good main PG for EL. Starting five will be one of the best that Rytas ever had (Bjelica, Bajramovic, Newley, Gecevicius, Johnson) But the bench.. okay, there are Jomantas, Milosevic. But the front line bench is abysmal Valanciunas is not ready for EL, he must train and build stronger body. Nalga is average center even in Eurocup.. I think Rytas will miss Zavackas, but maybe Jomantas will play more in PF position.

To sum up, I am glad that we bought Johnson, Newley. Nalga won`t be more tragical than Baynes. There will be a lot of options in the offence with Gecevicius, Newley, Johnson, Bajramovic, Milosevic, Jomantas, but the bench might be a problem.. well, we will see. Now almost everything will be on our new coach. Good luck to him !

Comment

Originally posted by Rycka View Post
              ^ time will show. It's strange through that Gecevicius stayed, he had some big games in Euroleague but looks like no bigger clubs are interested in him.
              I'm sure there were plenty of wealthy teams interested in him, but, as it was mentioned many times before, he has a contract for another year and Vainauskas was unwilling to sell him to anyone.

I'd say staying in Rytas for another year is a win-win for both - the club and Martynas Himself.

For the doubters of Valanciunas, i can only add that his age is not an issue at all. If he grows some muscles, he'll be plenty successfull even in Euroleague.

Comment

Nalga can be a useful backup. Pavicevic is a bit hesistant putting new players into the rotation in midseason and they had two pretty good centers in Sekulic and Chubb anyway. But when Nalga got playing time, he didn't do a whole lot of mistakes.

Pretty exciting team.

Comment

Originally posted by robbe View Post
                  Nalga can be a useful backup. Pavicevic is a bit hesistant putting new players into the rotation in midseason and they had two pretty good centers in Sekulic and Chubb anyway. But when Nalga got playing time, he didn't do a whole lot of mistakes.
                  That doesn't sound very optimistic, but still you never know what kind of player Nagla will become playing for Rytas. Baijramovič wasn't too good in Germany also, but I have no doubt now he's ready for very solid contribution in Euroleague.

I'm also happy Valančiūnas will surely have a shot. But I hope, differently than some others here, he won't be pushed too hard with physical preparation. That's the straight way to ruin his talent.

I disagree that Šikšnius can't play in Euroleague. He has everything he needs for transition to the next level, and Rytas is a perfect team for that. 2, 3 positions looks perfect.
                  LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                  Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                  Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                    That doesn't sound very optimistic, but still you never know what kind of player Nagla will become playing for Rytas. Baijramovič wasn't too good in Germany also, but I have no doubt now he's ready for very solid contribution in Euroleague.
                    "Useful backup" isn't good enough? Isn't that what his role will be in Vilnius? For me it way of saying that I expect him to do well ...

Ps: Is Sinica gone too?

Comment

"Useful backup" isn't good enough? Isn't that what his role will be in Vilnius? For me it way of saying that I expect him to do well ...
                      That would be great if their potentially "main center" wouldn't be 18yo Valančiunas Having in mind that, some worries about this due is pretty much reasonable I think. On other hand, I have no single doubt about Valančiunas' talent, just having a feeling everything is setting up around him too fast.

Sinica is out and I have no single regret about it.
                      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                      Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Ps: Is Sinica gone too?
                        Sinica, Babrauskas, Zavackas, Ginevičius, Baynes.
                        One day the tides will turn
                        One day the fields will burn
                        One day the seas will churn
                        The fury of our maker’s hand

Comment

Johnson vs Rytas

Comment

Great interviu with Vainauskas at krepsinis.net

While basketnews are busy to write about zalgiris stupid nonsense and Paulius Motiejunas delusional bullshit, at least one interview which cheer up Rytas fans.

This is probably most optimistic summer in Rytas and Lithuania club history. The strategy plan starts right now. Team is balanced already and only injuries/troubles will result in rearangement.

Of course this is first year when Rytas declares very big mission and it might have negative things on motyvation.

Comment

Maybe you guys will explain it to me, but why does talk so much about Oly and even Spanoulis signing for them? Does he have any connection with them? Actually found it bizarre.
                              Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                              Artificial Nature

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information