Belinelli and the Warriors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belinelli and the Warriors

He played his first game last Tuesday and was 12 minutes in the floor, scoring 6 pts.
    I expect very much from him actually, and he already showed what he's capable of during pre-season.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

IN part is because the same history that always, he has in front of him players like Ellis, Azubukie, Pietrus... that imho are technically ver inferior but that are right now more psysichal and more "NBA-style", and that, in a team like golden state can become really really important.
    I KISS BASKET

Comment

They dont pass the ball to him that much.... I saw their game against Utah Jazz and he was just running around, back and forth like the referee....I hope he get to touch the ball many times so he can show his real talent....

Comment

I think Belinelli should lock himself in the gym and add at least 20 good muscle pounds to his body before he could compete-physically-with all the other guards in the Warriors rotation...Apart fom that he is the best talent that they have right now...
        Im sure Don Nelson is aware of that and should motivate him to do so...

Comment

I think Bellineli`s quickness is pretty average at the NBA level, both laterally and in terms of first step. His shooting stroke will came around but until then he is a liability defensively and is not making much progress with his slashing game. Kelenna Azubuike je doing really great and Marco will be coming off the bench in his first season. I think he can make it, but obviosuly not as fast as many thought after tearing up competition in the Summerleague.

He will live and day by his jumpshot, just like in Europe, where his athleticism was an advantage, while in NBA is a shortcoming since 2-guards are most explosive athlete`s around.
          My blog about european hoops http://insidehoops.blog.com

Comment

At the beginning of training camp, Nelson said Belinelli was going to be a star and make a major impact, and everyone expected him to be in the starting lineup.

At the end of training camp, Nellie basically took back his earlier comments and said that while Belinelli would eventually be an excellent player, he had a long way to go.

Originally posted by Fedfan
            Most ppl get childish when they lose.
            Originally posted by GuTO
            refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

All hotels in Acapulco. The best selection of Acapulco hotels with reviews and maps. Book in advance and save.

Nelson knew he would be without Jackson to start the season, but his depth chart has taken some unexpected hits. Nelson explains: “I thought Belinelli would be more NBA ready than he is. I thought I could put him into an NBA game for 20 minutes and not get hurt, but I over-estimated that. He’s just like any other rookie. He’s a very good rookie, but he’s going to take some time.”
              Originally posted by Fedfan
              Most ppl get childish when they lose.
              Originally posted by GuTO
              refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Originally posted by JGX
                http://www.mercextra.com/blogs/warri...cing-patience/

Nelson knew he would be without Jackson to start the season, but his depth chart has taken some unexpected hits. Nelson explains: “I thought Belinelli would be more NBA ready than he is. I thought I could put him into an NBA game for 20 minutes and not get hurt, but I over-estimated that. He’s just like any other rookie. He’s a very good rookie, but he’s going to take some time.”
                He promised a lot especially during pre-season, but adaptation is always required and takes its time. Nice of Nelson to recognise he had expected too much from him. Better that way, Belinelli won't feel pressured and will be able to adjust more easily. Nelson certainly knows what he's doing
                Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                Artificial Nature

Comment

Sincerity is always well received. At least this way the fans have an explanation of the situation of one of their best players.
                  I KISS BASKET

Comment

Belinelli to the D-League.

AHAHAHA I can't help by laughing at the Europeans than leave Euroleague and get paid less money to play in D-League and are content with their situation as long as they say that they have played in the NBA. Pathetic losers...

Originally posted by parso
                    Gomelsky doesn't know @@@@ about basketball
                    Originally posted by sseppel
                    it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.
                    Originally posted by UMUT_FB_LAL
                    Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo

Comment

I wonder if any european guard would fit for Nelson at the moment? i don't think so...
                      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                      Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Wow, that stinks. I still believe that Belinelli has a great future in basketball, but...but as Arkadios said, why the heck is he accepting this "assignment" to the NBDL? It really does make his move to the NBA look stupid. And that goes for a lot of Europeans and Americans who could be playing in the EL for a lot more money and a lot more glory.
                        "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Originally posted by mvblair
                          Wow, that stinks. I still believe that Belinelli has a great future in basketball, but...but as Arkadios said, why the heck is he accepting this "assignment" to the NBDL? It really does make his move to the NBA look stupid. And that goes for a lot of Europeans and Americans who could be playing in the EL for a lot more money and a lot more glory.
                          I think he just wants to play competitively. The Warriors have been on fire up here and it's tough for he and Brandan Wright (another great rookie) to get playing time behind Ellis, Matt Barnes and Stephan Jackson.

Stuart
                          http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
                          http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
                          http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

Wrote a little about Marco in my weekly update - Stuart:

Belinelli would Rather be Tenth than First
                            Marco Belinelli was given a choice to head down to the NBDL to develop his game, shoot up shots and consistently play in every game. Instead, Beli decided to stay with the team even though it would probably mean he would be tenth man saying “I don’t want to go because I think that I am an NBA player,” Belinelli said. “I think that I can play at this level, and I want to be here, to work with my teammates. We have a beautiful group and I’m part of it.”

And with the Warriors rolling lately, it’s unlikely that Belinelli is going to get his chance anytime soon as he went from getting spots minutes, to accumulating DNPs to the inactive list. It’s not all bad as promising rookie Brandan Wright hasn’t seen much time either this season. No doubt Belinelli will get his shot and the only person that knows that is his coach don Nelson “I love him. I think he can be real good. Not yet, however. He’s got a lot of work to do in practice.” Maybe it’s defense? Toughness? It certainly can’t be confidence.
                            http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
                            http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
                            http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

OMG, i'm so f... happy that there's no lithuanians left in NBA to suffer all the crap with NBA coaches...maybe except D. Songaila. Sorry for OT, but it's realy irritating to read about all those great european players (Garbajosa, Calderon, Belinelli) fighting for the minutes in the court...
                              LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                              Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                              Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information