No announcement yet.

Jerusalem-Maccabi Cup final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ziv: Cheers for the link, just finished the game.

The main reason that Maccabi lost imo is that Hapoel's coach totally outplayed Sherf in the last quarter. Who is Hapoel's coach by the way?

I was at PAO-Maccabi last season in OAKA and after watching the final I really don't understand what has changed in Maccabi since Spahjia - Kattash - Sherf. Give the ball to Bynum, Bynum puts his head down and attacks and whatever happens is OK.

For a team which fans' declare in every opportunity that they have the best front-court of the Euroleague, they looked pretty week to me, Arnold was having a little party there.

It's always a pleasure to watch Arnold playing. If he reduced his desperate heroics at times he would become a very useful Euroleague player.

It always saddens me when strong teams and their fans (yes, even PAO) whine about the refereeing. I didn't see any major mistakes or the refs favoring any particular team.

Another thing which hugely impressed me was the difference between the fans.

Hapoel fans: beautiful, cheerful faces who always cheered, jumped around, sang and never gave up even when they were down by 22...

Maccabi fans: stressed, nervous, uptight faces who whined even when they were up by 22... what's up with that?

Boottom line: Well deserved win by Hapoel. Takes guts and lots of passion to pull off a comeback like that. If Maccabi fans want a black sheep to blame, blame Bynum, the guy is a walking disaster... for me he shouldn't even enter the court in the last quarters of the games...

P.S. Who is that bald guy who advertised a show by swearing under the tunes of Mahalageasca? Seems funny...

Originally posted by parso
    Gomelsky doesn't know @@@@ about basketball
    Originally posted by sseppel
    it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.
    Originally posted by UMUT_FB_LAL
    Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo

Comment

boxscore:

Comment

Will the Israeli Basketball Federation punish Maccabi for not showing up at the awarding?

Comment

Originally posted by ArkadiosV2
          Will the Israeli Basketball Federation punish Maccabi for not showing up at the awarding?
          It doesn't matter.
          As I said: If I was one of Maccabi's Managemet, I would retire from the league.
          I hope that on Sunday, in Maccabi's next game, While Ramat-Gan players, the referees and "the leechers" sport 5 will try to broadcast the game, they'll find "Nokia" empty with no maccabi their.
          It will be the best way to inveigh againt the 3 folks in gray.

No one will try to do something to Maccabi. Without them is no basketball in Israel, no crowd, no broadcasts and no incomes.
          2022/2023:
          PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
          SG: Baldwin, Hollins
          SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
          PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
          PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

Originally posted by Roy M
            No one will try to do something to Maccabi. Without them is no basketball in Israel, no crowd, no broadcasts and no incomes.
            Hilarius as usual.
            Respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy M
              I think I'm gonna cry.

Comment

I didn't like what I saw in the end of the game. Even were some unjustified calls against MTA in "money time", we lost the game and we have to respect our opponents like men.
                MACCABI TEL AVIV
                Belgrade 1977 Strasbourg 1981 Paris 2001 Tel Aviv 2004 Moscow 2005

Comment

As usual Roy M is writing rubbish.

The blame for losing the cup is just on Maccabi and Zvi Sherf.
                  they led by 20 at the end of the third quarter!.
                  but Sherf decided to go with his second team in the start of the fourth quarter and finally when he realized that it was mistake it was too late.jerusalem were on great momentum.
                  i don't say that the refrees were ok.30 fouls against Maccabi just in the fourth quarter its insane BUT they were not the cause for losing the game.its just Maccabi and Sherf.

Comment

I don't know, where all of you get such numbers from, but you can simply review the game with a pencil in your hands. Maccabi has been whistled for 18 fouls in the last quarter. Not 25, not 30. 15 of them were clear fould and there can be a discussion about three of them:

a) 3:41 to the end, Bluth on Pnini (there is no second camera angle in order to determine, whether there was a fould on the drive or not)

b) 0:51 to the end, Morris on Arnold (Morris has raised his arm, more precisely his elbow and at the same time Arnold lost the ball while rising his hands)

c) 0:18 to the end, Batista on Bowers (Batista clearly raised his hands, but might have hit Bowers his his body in the air, if judging about how Bowers bounced away from Batista in the air)

There is no reason to dicuss the other 15 fouls. In addition, there have been two more cases in the last quarter:

a) Sharp fouled Bowers clearly going after his body but was charged with a regular personal foul

b) Eliyahu has hindered Arnold with the ball in his hands under the basket, as Arnold stumbled over the stretched out foot of Eliyahu but there was no foul called

After all, everything was justified, there was no pro-Hapoel whistling. Hapoel played more aggressive on the boards and did a successful trapping so they had more chances to attack and got more calls their way. Such turnarounds happen in basketball once in a while and that's one of the most beautiful things about basketball. The refereeing was consistent and they didn't prefer any single team. A few questionable calls on both sides didn't determine the outcome.
                    burnstein

Comment

will it be possible to watch the rematch of the cup final game today?
                      "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

mms://s18wm.castup.net/994090002-52.wmv

Comment

PBP of other day's games here:

Comment

thanks..
                            "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Maccabi won easely 101-85.

Moris with 18 points, 17 reb and 3 blks!
                              2022/2023:
                              PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
                              SG: Baldwin, Hollins
                              SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
                              PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
                              PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information