Who will be Oly's SF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's an article from contra.gr about McNamara:

To Contra.gr είναι ένα αθλητικό lifestyle site, με αναλύσεις για το ποδόσφαιρο, το μπάσκετ, το τένις και όλα τα σπορ, podcasts, αποκλειστικές συνεντεύξε...

Ένας θρύλος του κολλεγιακού μπάσκετ, που μάλλον δεν θα παίξει ποτέ στο ΝΒΑ, καλείται να …πάρει την δουλειά του Σκούνι Πεν. Αν όλα αυτά σας φαίνονται λίγο μπερδεμένα, το όνομα του Τζέρι Μακναμάρα δίνει μία λύση. Ο Ολυμπιακός ήρθε σε καταρχήν συμφωνία με τον λευκό πλέι μέικερ του Σίρακιουζ και αν δεν υπάρξει έκπληξη της τελευταίας στιγμής, θα ενταχθεί στο ρόστερ για τα παιχνίδια της Ευρωλίγκας.

Ο 23χρονος ύψους 1,86 γκαρντ, θεωρείται ως ένας από τους πέντε καλύτερους παίκτες στην ιστορία του πανεπιστημίου Σίρακιουζ, στο ντραφτ όμως του Ιουνίου αποκαλύφθηκαν οι αδυναμίες του. Σπουδαίος σκόρερ με φαρμακερό σουτ. Αργός για το ΝΒΑ, πολύ κακός αμυντικός και όχι κάτι το ιδιαίτερο ως οργανωτής. Όλοι όσοι τον έχουν δει, γνωρίζουν πόσο καλά έπαιζε με τις κολλεγιακές ζώνες και αυτό «πλήρωσε» στο ντραφτ. Ο Πίνι Γκέρσον θεωρεί ότι το στυλ του είναι ιδανικό για το ευρωπαϊκό μπάσκετ και του δίνει την ευκαιρία έστω και μόνο για την ευρωλίγκα.

Για να πειστεί πάντως ο Μακναμάρα, του κατέστη σαφές ότι αν παίξει καλά δεν θα μειωθεί ο χρόνος συμμετοχής του σε σχέση με τον Πεν επειδή ο συμπατριώτης του υπέγραψε πιο μεγάλο συμβόλαιο.

Την οριστική του απάντηση ο Μακναμάρα θα την δώσει μέχρι τις 15 Αυγούστου αφού ο Ισραηλινός προπονητής τον θέλει για την προετοιμασία

I will translate the most important parts: Great scorer, one of the 5 best players in the history of Syracuse, bad defender and not good at organizing the game (in other words not a PG).
    In order to convince him, Gerson promised him that he won't have decreased playing time if he plays better than Penn, even though Penn has a bigger contract.
    So you can see yourself that he will not accept a smaller role.
    http://basketballfuture.blogspot.com/

Comment

i think that the most important part is the one you didnt translate

"all those who have seen him know how well he can play zone, something that "cost" him at the drafts, Gerson considers his playing style ideal for european basketball and gives him the chance in euroleague..."

as we said he wont be playing much...
      there is always Harissis if you want a pure PG, i guess he will play only a few minutes and have the role of a scorer PG, its not bad to have 5 players who are able to score playing at the same time... if Mace is double teamed maybe McNamara with his shooting abilities will able to help in offense...

and Gerson promised him playing time IF he plays better than Penn,

if he is indeed better than Penn i dont see why shouldnt Gerson let him play

PS as for Frijie, his is not well in his mind... i remembering reading that after signing in another team (dont recall which) he never apperead! or something like that...
      Last edited by KokkinosVasilias; 08-12-2006, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KokkinosVasilias
        i think that the most important part is the one you didnt translate

"all those who have seen him know how well he can play zone, something that "cost" him at the drafts, Gerson considers his playing style ideal for european basketball and gives him the chance in euroleague..."

as we said he wont be playing much...
        there is always Harissis if you want a pure PG, i guess he will play only a few minutes and have the role of a scorer PG, its not bad to have 5 players who are able to score playing at the same time... if Mace is double teamed maybe McNamara with his shooting abilities will able to help in offense...

and Gerson promised him playing time IF he plays better than Penn,

if he is indeed better than Penn i dont see why shouldnt Gerson let him play

PS as for Frijie, his is not well in his mind... i remembering reading that after signing in another team (dont recall which) he never apperead! or something like that...
        I think the most important part is that Olympiakos is not interested in McNamara anymore.
        http://basketballfuture.blogspot.com/

Comment

yeah, he has problems with injuries...
          we had a terrible last year with the injuries,
          they certaintely dont want to risk to have another case like Rantzik's (i dont know how the name it is spelled)

they have to make sure that whoever they sign he wont have any injury problem

Comment

1) Regarding Acker in Starting 5 as a Small Forward - does anybody here believe it that Domercan would accept a back-up role? No chance IMHO, if Gershon will change my mind during the season, I will write that he is a genius...33 times .
            2) Regarding Freije - he didn't come to airport where Olimpiacos was scheduled to leave to Sopot. And he was never seen since then .
            Why you should going out to get a hamburger, if you can get steak at home?

Comment

basketball in our days is different.there are many examples that players not in starting 5 are playing the same or even more minutes than others that are in starting 5 in the same team!

as for freije he had problems with his mind!the players of oly were saying that there was sthing strange about him!
              http://enwsisofwn.blogspot.com/
              Live your life with basketball

P.E.O.S. - The return of the wise men!

Comment

Originally posted by rchos7
                basketball in our days is different.there are many examples that players not in starting 5 are playing the same or even more minutes than others that are in starting 5 in the same team!
                I understand, but you have many players that will fight hard to start or won't be performing well, if coming from the bench - I think Domercant is one of this players...
                Why you should going out to get a hamburger, if you can get steak at home?

Comment

I'm gonna say something wild... get prepared... ready? ok...
                  Domercant is a better player than Macas is (in fact, almost in every aspect), and he'll be Oly's starting sg, in short time, imo. (or, he'll be the main sg, not necessarily the starting one.)

as for sf, I guess Acker will start, though I don't know him.
                  5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

That was something really wild!!!!! You might get a storm of reactions coming on this post!!! However I can understand your point. In my opinion depends which Macijauskas will turn up in October.

Comment

agree with alley oop there.if macas is the macas of tau then there is no way that domercant will take his place in the team.if macas is bad then of course henry will be the main sg.i think that maybe in the start of the year domercant will be in the starting 5 untill macas finds his real game!but even if macas from the start finds his good play it's sure that henry will have a lot of play time.they will be together in court for many minutes i guess!
                      http://enwsisofwn.blogspot.com/
                      Live your life with basketball

P.E.O.S. - The return of the wise men!

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information