No announcement yet.

Germany NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Luck!! Do not let Dirk disappointed!!
    Attached Files

Comment

Femerling will predictably leave the NT after the games.
      Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
      Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur
        Femerling will predictably leave the NT after the games.
        Is he deciding to retire cuz of his age? Does he have any problems with the team? Is he upset that Kaman is going to replace him ? Or none of the above ?

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80
          Is he deciding to retire cuz of his age? Does he have any problems with the team? Is he upset that Kaman is going to replace him ? Or none of the above ?
          He's been with the NT for many years now and he's 33, it's time
          Artificial Nature

Comment

I noticed Germany has a pretty tall team (despite Roller of course ) There are 5 players 6'11 or above on Germany. Maybe dirk will run some point on an all 7 footer line up .

Comment

where did okulaja go?

Comment

Originally posted by greenarcher
                where did okulaja go?
                Check here and here.
                Artificial Nature

Comment

So are there any rumours, news or statements about Nowitzki retiring from the NT?
                  Artificial Nature

Comment

GER - Germany's Head Coach Dirk Bauermann speaks about future challenges

BERLIN (National Team) - How painful is it for you looking back at the loss to China and not advancing to the quarter finals?
                    As a coach, you develop a short-term memory. But it's still painful as we were so close to fulfilling our second big dream this year. This hurts of course. But the positive achievements of this year surely prevail.

What exactly was missing?
                    We didn't hit the big shots. The ball simply didn't go in. This was mainly due to the missing briskness in our arms and legs. We lacked the power at the end. The good shots were there. The problem started in the game against Greece and worsened versus China. Plus, in such a tournament you cannot relax defensively otherwise your team is chanceless.

Looking back at the whole summer - what is your conclusion?
                    We achieved a lot this summer. With great performances the team accomplished their big dream to go to the Olympics. We can be absolutely proud of that. We represented the German Basketball well in Beijing also. In end, we were close to making it to the quarter finals. It was really close. But again, the positive elements definitely overweigh the negative. In Beijing, we paid the price for all our efforts in Athens.

Can you explain the "Olympic feeling"?
                    I have seen many sports events, World Championships, European Championships and so on. But the Olympics were incredible - that's out of reach for everything else. Basketball is one of the main sport events - and the whole world is watching. Then there is the Olympic village with all the different cultures mixed together. Being right there, you are a part of German sport. You meet people and socialize like nowhere else. Athletes meet athletes, coaches meet coaches - those are great experiences, on the personal and sports level. The Opening ceremony was amazing as well. It was incredible standing in the tunnel right before the stadium and everybody cheering "We want to see the flag" which Dirk was then waiving. Those are memories which stay forever. That's why it was really worth every drop of sweat on the way.

How are you going to proceed with your work?
                    To me it's important to set the priorities right instead of dissipating my energy on small things. It's all about long-term effects. Three things are important:

1. Changing the National Team with concepts and content. We need to form perspective squads 2012 and 2016 with concrete names and programs. With those squads we need to work on a long-term basis and not with constantly changing faces. Plus, we need to define and then delegate the athletic and psychological supervision, adding to the basketball supervision. This should and has to be done in close cooperation with the clubs.

2. There has to be a huge initiative to scout and then foster talents. Central to this is also the close cooperation with the professional sport. Scouting talented players age ten to twelve should be done focused and not accidently. Then, the next step is to lead them into suitable structure.

3. The cooperation to the professional sport needs to be focused on the contents and on partnership. I will try to talk to the coaching staff and the management of all First League Clubs and Development Teams in November and December. The personal contact is crucial to this, that doesn't work on the phone or via E-Mail.

What is your stand on Kaman and Nowitzki?
                    It doesn't make much sense to talk to them again. I've spoken to both of them in Athens. If Dirk takes a break this would have an effect on Chris but I don't think there's an automatism to that. I'll talk to both of them in the U.S. next year and then we'll see.
                    Artificial Nature

Comment

GER - Coaching staff for next Olympic cycle determined

BERLIN (National team) - Bauermann coaches Reserve Team, Rödl takes over U20 - Steven Clauss new Director of Sports

The Federation's Head Coach Dirk Bauermann (picture left) determined his Coaching Staff for the next Olympic Cycle until 2012 for Men's Basketball. Bauermann's new Coaching Staff includes a returning National Team player and several shifts.

The changes had to be made due to the League's Head Coach Regulation due to which the League's Head Coaches are not allowed to coach a National Team.

Dirk Bauermann will coach the Men's Reserve Team ("A2"-National Team) - at least until 2009. "In this team, four to six players will be the core for the new A-National Team on a short and midterm basis. In addition, there is no overlap with the program of the A-National Team as the Universiade in Belgrade will take place from July 1st to 12th, 2009.

After that two weeks remain until the A-program starts", Bauermann explains.

Henrik Rödl (picture right) is the new Head Coach of the U20 National Team. The former National Team player takes over the Coaching Job from Emir Mutapcic who was not able to continue his work as Head Coach for the German Basketball Federation due to the League's regulation. Mutapcic works as Head Coach at the League club in Braunschweig.

"We owe Mucki a lot! He has done a phantastic job over the past three years putting huge effort into leading the U20 back into A-division. In Henrik we found an ideal successor, combining the experience as a First League Coach with having successfully worked in Youth Basketball. I am very happy that we have the former Captain of the National Team back on board!", Bauermann comments Rödl's return to the German Basketball Federation.

The U18-National Team stays with Head Coach Kay Blümel. „Kay's experience and identification is an essential part of our program. His U18 Team did a great job and I completely trust in his work", Bauermann underlines.

Former A2 Head Coach Frank Menz is now Head Coach for the U16 National Team and simultaneously Head Coach of the project "Application for the FIBA U17 World Championship",

"This age-group and the joint application for the FIBA U17 World Championship is of high interest in German Basketball. Therefore, we agreed on such a high potential for this coaching position. We need a full-time coach here and Frank has proven to work excellent with young players in Weißenfels und Jena", Bauermann concludes in presenting his new Coaching Team.

Concerning the Assistant Coaches, changes had to be made due to the League's Regulation as well. Achim Kuczmann and Hansi Gnad have to drop out being Coaches in Leverkusen. Dirk Bauermann will work with Volker Stix (Bamberg) and Frank Menz as Assistant Coaches.

In addition to the Coaching Staff decisions, the German Basketball Federation completed their search for a new Sports Director. Steven Clauss takes over the job from Wolfgang Brenscheidt who has been promoted to General Secretary of the Federation in July.
                      Artificial Nature

Comment

According to Eurobasket Donte Greene would love to play for the german national team this summer!

I already talked to Dirk this season. He asked me why I wasnt playing with him already. I am definitely trying to play in the Euro Championship this summer. I need to get in contact with the German National team so I can get things.
                        All about german basketball: http://germanhoops.wordpress.com/

Comment

The funny thing is, that Dirk Bauermann tried to contact Greene through his agent but got no response...lets see how that thing is going to end.Especially if Greene has no German-passport.If Kaman decides to play again, then Bauermann can choose only one of two naturalized players. I see no evidence that Greene holds the passport as he lived in Germany as an American.

I from Wisconsin!
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

Jagla's Life Enriched By Basketball

Jan Jagla is only 27 years old but has already represented Germany at a FIBA World Championship, a EuroBasket and an Olympic Games.

A four-year player at Penn State in the United States, the Berlin-born big man returned to Europe to play professionally and has competed in Greece, Germany and Turkey and is now in his second stint in Spain.

The 2.13m Jagla is currently on the books of one of the most fashionable clubs on the continent, DKV Joventut, a team that is fourth in the ACB and qualified once again for the Copa del Rey.

Basketball has given Jagla a chance to travel around the world.

"The great thing about it is you are seeing so many different cultures, so many different people," Jagla said.

Basketball World News interviewed Jagla in Badalona on behalf of FIBA Europe.

FIBA Europe: Jan, you're in your second season at DKV. How has your game changed since moving to Spain's ACB and how do you describe your role with this club?

Jagla: It's the top level in Europe, if not the world, so you have to adapt and mold your game into what the team needs. I've been trying to do that, work on my defensive skills, hit some open jump shots and just try to do whatever the team needs at the time.

FIBA Europe: This team was really good last year, winning the Copa del Rey and the ULEB Cup. What is this team like now compared to last season when the team had Rudy Fernandez?

Jagla: It's a different team, definitely. A lot of new characters, a lot of new players. But I think we have kind of found ourselves now. We're working a lot better on defense as a team. We still have to work to be a better team on offense, I think, to really be on top of our game. But I think we've come a long way since the start of the season and are beating some good teams. If we keep doing this, keep playing team basketball, I think we can be really good.

FIBA Europe: During the summer, we're always talking about you as a German national team player and now we find you on a team that has players from different national teams. At DKV, you have Ricky Rubio of Spain, Henk Norel of the Netherlands, Luka Bogdanovic of Serbia, Simas Jasaitis of Lithuania. There are Americans like Demond Mallet and Bracey Wright and a Frenchman, too, in Jerome Moiso. How are you able to blend as a team with players coming from so many different countries and so many different national teams?

Jagla: I think it's pretty easy. First of all, you do it since the first day you start playing basketball. There are different nationalities in the beginning, and as you progress through the ranks and as you get to the professional level, there are players from all over the world. I think it's pretty easy, especially with this crowd we have here (at DKV) - a lot of young guys. Everyone just has fun, everyone enjoys basketball so I think it's really easy to form a team with the type of players that we have and the type of characters that the team brought here ... I always feel like we're closer together when you play on a club team than you are with the guys on the national team. I think that's what's important, that everyone likes each other, everyone tries to make each other better.

FIBA Europe: Playing at the Olympics last year in China must have been one of the high points of your career.

Jagla: Absolutely. Phenomenal. To be able to go there, to live in the Olympic village, see the other athletes, be a part of a tournament that is so global, that is so different than anything else on so many levels. Even the World Championship, the European Championship can't compare. There are people from different sports, different backgrounds. Everything is so much bigger, so much more commercial that you can't experience on any other level.

FIBA Europe: Was there one thing in particular that happened last summer at the Olympics that, when you are retired you will look back and think, "Wow, I can't believe that happened"?

Jagla: Sometimes we'd just sit in the cafeteria and look at the other athletes and meet new people, meet people from your home country. Like handball players. You've seen them on TV and they've seen you on TV but there is no common ground. But then at the Olympics, you eat lunch together. It's just such a different feel to it. Just sitting there, making contact with other people - that's one of the great things about it.

FIBA Europe: You played basketball in the United States and have played professionally in countries like Turkey and Spain. Did going to China change your opinions about the country, or dispel any preconceived notions?

Jagla: The great thing about it is you are seeing so many different cultures, so many different people. Hearing what people have to say about different topics is amazing. That's one thing that basketball has given me and I'll always be grateful for. To be able to see the world and travel, and meet people at that level where you're not the tourist, but you are there. You have a common goal and you're talking to people one-on-one. Two years ago, we had already been to China with the national team and we played at the World Championship in Japan, so that was my first experience out there and it was really interesting. It's great to see how people live, how they do things.

FIBA Europe: How did the addition of American Chris Kaman, whose grandparents were German, affect team chemistry last year? How did you feel about it?

Jagla: Chris Kaman was an addition to our team. Anytime you can add a top-level player from the NBA to your team is a good thing. For him, it was a little different - first time in Europe, first time on the European basketball scene. It was something to adapt to for him. The NBA is such a close-knit community and everyone knows what's going on. Everyone kind of does their own thing but comes together for the games. To experience the European thing where you have a roommate wherever you go, everyone eats together and that kind of stuff. The coach is the boss and whatever he says goes. It's not just, "I scored 30 points last night so I'm going to do what I want to do today." I think that was very interesting for him to see but overall it was great to have him in the team. Having him and Dirk (Nowitzki) under the basket was phenomenal.
                            Artificial Nature

Comment

Nowitzki And Kaman Still Unknowns For Germany

Germany coach Dirk Bauermann still isn't certain if Los Angeles Clipper center Chris Kaman or Dallas Mavericks superstar Dirk Nowitzki will play at the EuroBasket this summer.

Kaman, whose great grandparents were German, applied for and received his passport in time for the last summer's FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament and helped the country reach the Beijing Games.

"It is now too early to make definitive predictions and because of that, I ask for understanding," said Bauermann on the website of the German Basketball Federation.

"What is certain is that this summer, we will see some new faces in the national team.

"I believe that we have in Germany a number of interesting young players who can make the leap ..."

Germany earned a spot at EuroBasket 2009 in Poland by finishing in the top seven of the Final Round that took place in Spain two years ago.

They are in Group B with defending champions Russia, Latvia and the team that wins the Additional Qualifying Round.

Bauermann's men will play their group games in Gdansk.

Before the Final Round tips off, Germany will have numerous warm-up games with one of them against Serbia in the Volkswagen Halle in Braunschweig on August 15.
                              Artificial Nature

Comment

Just read that Nowitzki will decide after NBA championship, will he play or not. Decisive factor might or will be how long season for Mavs will last. Also Dirk stated that really positive thing is that EC is in September, so that would mean that he'd get enought time to rest.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information