France national team 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FRA – Beaubois, the new star of France

OAKLAND (2010 FIBA World Championship) – There is a new buzz in French basketball and it’s all about Rodrigue Beaubois.

The 22-year-old rookie of the Dallas Mavericks hit a jaw-dropping nine of 11 shots from three-point range on Saturday night en route to a career-high 40 points in a 111-90 victory at Golden State.

Beaubois, who is shooting 52.5% from the field and a scintillating 43.3% from behind the arc, is turning into one of the most explosive scorers in the NBA.

He looks a certainty to make the France squad for the FIBA World Championship in Turkey.

"We see it a lot in practice," Germany superstar Dirk Nowitzki said of his Dallas teammate.

"He's a very, very explosive scorer.

"If he makes his shot, he's tough to guard because he's so good at penetrating and has a great floater and finishes in the paint. When he's on like that, he's a tough matchup for anyone."

Beaubois has had one scoring eruption after another this month but no one expected him to bust loose the way did on Saturday.

"What a performance by Beaubois," Nelson said.

"Unbelievable. We left him open a couple of times but it didn't matter.

“He made shots when we covered him, when he was open. Nine threes, what a performance. I didn't expect that."

Beaubois has shown on numerous occasions in March that he is a bona fide star in the making.

On March 3, he had 17 points in a 112-109 win over Minnesota. Two days later, the 6ft guard scored 22 in a 108-100 triumph over Sacramento and then on March 6, Beaubois took the Windy City by storm with 25 points in a 122-116 victory over Chicago.

Nevertheless Mavs coach Rick Carlisle, perhaps because he wants to keep Beaubois hungry and humble, has in several games not called his youngster’s number.

After scoring 11 points in just eight minutes in a 113-106 victory over Chicago on March 17, Beaubois didn't get off the bench three days later in a 102-93 home defeat to Boston.

On Thursday in a 101-89 defeat to Portland - 48 hours before his 40-point eruption in Oakland against Golden State - Beaubois logged just one minute.

"The great thing about Roddy is he's been ready when called upon," Carlisle said. "I'm the one who's going to have to make the decision on who plays, and I'll live with those decisions.”

Beaubois said: "I don't think about anything else. I just try to play my game and help the team win."

It's the basketball fans of France who should be most excited.

Remembering that their team struggled in every department last summer in their Quarter-Final defeat to eventual champions Spain at the EuroBasket, including long-range shooting, one has to think that Beaubois is ready to contribute immediately to Les Bleus.

Last year with Cholet, while providing a constant spark for his team’s offense in the EuroChallenge and in the French league, Beaubois spoke to FIBA.com about putting on the French shirt one day.

"It is a goal that is close to my heart and if one day I am selected, I will do my best to help the French national team," he said.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Comment

Well, I have to say I've changed my mind a bit about France chances at WC if they would come up with all the players. Batum, Beaubois might make France stronger at perimeter game (as well De Colo, but he's still a question at that level) and Noah is really impressive big guy, one of the most promising players in NBA, IMO. Than again it's sad to hear that every single player is in doubt because he's playing in NBA.
      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
      Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Any body know if France NT will play exhibition games in NY vs PR, China and USA?
        Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
        16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
        Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
        8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

FRA – Rock-solid Pietrus has important year with France, Valencia

VALENCIA (2010 FIBA World Championship) - France drew the short straw and faced eventual champions and heavy favorites Spain in the Quarter-Finals of EuroBasket 2009, a confrontation Vincent Collet’s team lost 86-66 to fall out of medal contention.

With just that one defeat on their record in Poland, however, and the expected addition of players like Joakim Noah and Rodrigue Beaubois to the line-up, most people believe the French will be a force at the FIBA World Championship in Turkey and the years to come.

One of most important players for the France side in recent years has been the athletic and tenacious forward Florent Pietrus.

The high-flying 29-year-old has been a valuable man for Neven Spahija’s Power Electronics Valencia this season, helping the club reach the EuroCup Finals.

Pietrus spoke to FIBA.com.

FIBA: Florent, if you erase that one defeat to Spain last year in Poland, France would have gone undefeated. So even though the team did not win a medal at the EuroBasket, expectations must be high going into the FIBA World Championship later this year in Turkey. Are those justified?

Florent Pietrus: Most of the teams are going to be waiting for us. We have to respond. We have a team with great players, but in the end, we have to compete together. We know that the public believe Spain and the USA will be favorites, but we’re going to try and do things our way, play our basketball. You never know. Maybe we’re going to have a great Championship.

FIBA: France won the silver medal at the 2000 Olympics in Sydney but didn’t qualify to play at the Athens Games four years later, or at the Beijing Games in 2008. Is that in the back of your mind as France travel to Turkey to face Spain, Lithuania, Canada, Lebanon and New Zealand in the Preliminary Round?

Florent Pietrus: The most important thing is for next year (2011) because this will be the European qualification for the Olympics. This summer is going to be like practice for us, but we’re going to be going for it (wins) in every game.

FIBA: Watching your Power Electronics Valencia team compete this year in Spain has been an inspiration. Why has this team been able to surpass expectations?

Florent Pietrus: We are a team. We are together in the good moments and the bad moments and that situation helps us grow up faster. We are together no matter what happens. Everyone supports each other.

FIBA: That would have been especially true in the EuroCup qualifying round victory over Dexia Mons-Hainaut, when you came back from a 15-point first-leg deficit in Belgium and won the second leg 79-61?

Florent Pietrus: Some teams cannot handle such a situation, but we did against Dexia. We had to play a great game to get into the ULEB (EuroCup).

FIBA: There was also that dramatic game against Barcelona, when Rafa Martinez hit a game-winning three-pointer at the buzzer on January 23.

Florent Pietrus: And Barcelona hadn’t lost any games and we beat them so it’s been good for us. But we have to keep going. We haven’t won anything yet.

FIBA: What would it mean for this the players in this team, and the city of Valencia, to win the EuroCup? You play Panellinios on April 17 in one Semi-Final and if you win that, you would take on the winner of Bizkaia Bilbao Basket’s clash with Alba Berlin for the title.

Florent Pietrus: It’s a dream. We’ve worked all year for this moment. It’s only two games for this title but we have to be ready for this big moment. It will be a big fight.

Jeff Taylor
          FIBA
          Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
          Artificial Nature

Comment

France NT

As far as I know that the first game will be set between France Vs Spain... Anyone does know when /where..

Moreover, why the french basketball federation hasn't announced yet a program/plan to attend such tournaments/plays before August 2010 ??

Comment

You need to check properly. The page for the preparation games has been disclosed since a long time, it only misses the confirmation of the mini tournament in ny.

Comment

Originally posted by raph View Post
                You need to check properly. The page for the preparation games has been disclosed since a long time, it only misses the confirmation of the mini tournament in ny.
                The tournament in NY will be with Puerto Rico, China, USA and France...
                Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
                16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
                Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
                8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

Originally posted by raph View Post
                  It begins with The tournament in NY will be with Puerto Rico, China, USA and France...
                  Then

Stage à Pau(France) du 25 Juillet au 07 Août 2010

07 Août : France - Tunisie

Stage et tournoi à Villeurbanne(France) du 20 Août au 24 Août 2010

22 Août : France - Côte d'Ivoire
                  23 Août : France - Australie
                  24 Août : France - Brésil

Not bad.. Anyhow, Good luck France ... Vive la France/Allez les Bleus

Comment

Originally posted by samer_1_2 View Post
                    22 Août : France - Côte d'Ivoire
                    Speaking of which, do you know the status of Traore? Is he still interested in playing for Cote D'Ivoire? I know you have plenty of players who can replace him. Just curious about what team he's going to represent.

Comment

Originally posted by Franz View Post
                      Speaking of which, do you know the status of Traore? Is he still interested in playing for Cote D'Ivoire? I know you have plenty of players who can replace him. Just curious about what team he's going to represent.
                      If you mean Ali Traore, since he was a member of the French NT at the last Eurobasket, he cannot play for the Ivory Coast...

I would like to see Noah and Beaubois playing for France at the the World Championships. They would be great additions...

Comment

Originally posted by Franz View Post
                        Hey Franz, I am just talking about the French team tournament and game which planned to be played Versus the Ivory cost..

For Ali traory, we have plenty of players..

Comment

Very good news!

Batum announced at his blog that he'll play at the World Championship
                          the new post:
                          Le meilleur de la NBA et du basket. Plus complet que LeBron James, plus tranchant que Stephen Curry, plus rapide que Kyrie Irving et presque aussi culte que Michael Jordan !

Even he was surprised to be allowed to play by the Blazers.
                          My Youtube channel

Comment

Yep, and Parker said recently he would come too.

The GM Patrick Beesley recently said he was very active to convince NBA Teams that are out of PO now to let their guys play for France. It is in good way for Beaubois apparently, and should be ok for Diaw. But, for Noah... Not so sure.

Traoré played for France, so, now he is French regarding FIBA. And he shall make it to NT every year considering his offensive talent.
                            It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Rudy!

Comment

A preselection of 31 players was announced:

Meneurs (7): Tony Parker (San Antonio/NBA), Rodrigue Beaubois (Dallas/NBA), Aymeric Jeanneau (Villeurbanne), Antoine Diot (Le Mans), Aldo Curti (Orléans), Abdoulaye M'Baye (Dijon), Marc-Antoine Pellin (Roanne)

Arrières-ailiers (11): Nando De Colo (Valence/ESP), Yannick Bokolo (Gravelines), Boris Diaw (Charlotte/NBA), Nicolas Batum (Portland/NBA), Mickaël Pietrus (Orlando/NBA), Mickaël Gelabale (Cholet), Fabien Causeur (Cholet), Mamoutou Diarra (Roanne), Joseph Gomis (Malaga/ESP), Edwin Jackson (Rouen), Thomas Larrouquis (Cholet)

Intérieurs (13): Florent Pietrus (Valence/ESP), Alain Koffi (Badalone/ESP), Ali Traoré (Villeurbanne), Ronny Turiaf (Golden State/NBA), Ian Mahinmi (San Antonio/NBA), Alexis Ajinça (Charlotte/NBA), Joakim Noah (Chicago Bulls/NBA), Johan Petro (Denver/NBA), Dounia Issa (Vichy), Claude Marquis (Caserta/ITA), Adrien Moerman (Orléans), Kevin Séraphin (Cholet), Ludovic Vaty (Orléans)
                              It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Rudy!

Comment

France can almost pick an All-NBA NT.
                                aim low, score high

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information